Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Neutra House to be demolished!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

Neutra House to be demolished! Empty
PostSubject: Neutra House to be demolished!   Neutra House to be demolished! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 6:24 pm

The Kronish House in Beverly Hills designed by famous architecht Richard Neutra is to be demolished! There are no preservation groups in BH which means we have to help save this masterpiece!

Neutra House to be demolished! Kronish-south

So here's the story as I know it. The current owners purchased the house for approx. $3Million.. then they very quickly put it back on the market for $14million! I think it's safe to say that they are NOT Mid-Century Modern Fans. They can't sell it at that price even after promoting it as a 'knock down rebuild'.. so they have got a permit to demolish the house so that they can sell it as a vacant block of land. Please go to the following blog written by Dion Neutra (Richards son) and have a read about how he is trying to save it.

Kronish House Blog

Once these houses are gone, that's it.. People don't appreciate the historical and cultural significance of Mid-Century houses as in the grand scheme of things they really aren't that old - but we need to protect them now so that we can appreciate them in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: Neutra House to be demolished!   Neutra House to be demolished! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 10:17 am

Thanks for posting this, Kid. It really would be a shame for this property to be demolished. The picture you posted looks so much like the location of a Season 2 episode of Mad Men that I think it really IS where they filmed it. I'll have to watch that episode again soon.

Boy, Tavo would really dig that house... is anybody else thinking 'reality TV series?' lol! I can see it now..."The Beverly Rockabillies!"

Paw wailing on a rawkous Gretsch, with his blond wife and handsome/adorable rockin' sons ... I'm sure the neighbors would love it!

It's made for TV (in more ways than one!) The only drawback is that reality TV people are such a bunch of tools - the Vega family is way too cool for such a scenario!
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Neutra House to be demolished!   Neutra House to be demolished! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:07 pm

It is also worth noting that the 'Ferris Bueller' house is also under threat of being demolished. The owners have been trying to sell it for AGES, interviewing people to make sure they wont knock the house down.. but still no luck.. The house is also in a wealthy area of Chicago and surrounded by McMansions.. I cannot believe that there isn't some rich movie director that wants this piece of history.. not to mention an amazingly designed house!

Ferris Bueller House

Neutra House to be demolished! Article-1344337-0CA776EF000005DC-466_634x414

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Neutra House to be demolished!   Neutra House to be demolished! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 3:37 pm

Somebody send this link to Quentin Tarrantino, he'll buy it ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neutra House to be demolished!   Neutra House to be demolished! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Neutra House to be demolished!
Page 1 of 1