Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christmas Rocks CD

Go down 
+19
Le Hub'
Spanishdavid
gretschoholic
Kiki
WildCat
ScottS
Sharky
Dave
Cristo
Hot Rod Girl
Tommy Maguire
Diggey
Scatman
Rickabilly
wee mark
tvthewiredturtle
matt
crazy mixed up kid
rockabilly guy
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:40 am

Hot off the presses.....
just had an e mail from Amazon.

The BSO's new Christmas Rocks(best of) will be released on October 7th.Available for just £6.99.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001DZDTEA/ref=pe_3451_12937941_pe_snp_TEA

Another one for the collection!
Seasonal Greetings
Ho Ho Ho
Steve
santa
Back to top Go down
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:47 am

Back to top Go down
crazy mixed up kid

crazy mixed up kid

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:47 pm

Thanks for the Good News RG........I'll get that on my list for Santa.

By the way for your information....Have you heard of OR do you have this months magazine called BIG CHEESE?

I have 'nt heard of it until now, but I am reliably informed that Stray Cats are in it!!!
Just checked the website and its true......Gonna Get my self a copy this weekend.

bigcheesemagazine.com

CMUK
Back to top Go down
matt

matt

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:57 pm

crazy mixed up kid wrote:
Thanks for the Good News RG........I'll get that on my list for Santa.

By the way for your information....Have you heard of OR do you have this months magazine called BIG CHEESE?

I have 'nt heard of it until now, but I am reliably informed that Stray Cats are in it!!!
Just checked the website and its true......Gonna Get my self a copy this weekend.

bigcheesemagazine.com

CMUK

thanks for tha info CMUK that will be a good read for me
tommorrow on the plane when I go my holidays, hope I can
pick up a copy at Glasgow airport cheers again
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 10:13 pm

rockabilly guy wrote:
And there's more....
get the CD & DVD too for just £11.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001DZDTEK/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Steve

awesome! look for my dumb face in the extra features!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
wee mark

wee mark

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 4:02 am

Both ordered.
So now we have a release for 2008.

Wee Mark.
Back to top Go down
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 9:22 pm

Never heard of the mag CMUK,but anything with the Cats in is worth checking out.

Cheers
Steve

PS.Can I just check you're not a Forest fan before I converse with you too much?........just kidding!
Back to top Go down
crazy mixed up kid

crazy mixed up kid

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 12:56 pm

rockabilly guy wrote:
Never heard of the mag CMUK,but anything with the Cats in is worth checking out.

Cheers
Steve

PS.Can I just check you're not a Forest fan before I converse with you too much?........just kidding!

Seems I'll do anything for Stray Cats....even liaise with a Derby fan!!!!
I'm not a forest fan at the moment....another loss and stuck at the bottom of the table, CRYIN SHAME.
Ho well guaranteed 3 points when we play you (so long as there are no paper cups on the field!)......just kidding too.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 1:39 pm

rockabilly guy wrote:

Cheers
Steve

I'm not a forest fan at the moment....another loss and stuck at the bottom of the table, CRYIN SHAME.
Ho well guaranteed 3 points when we play you (so long as there are no paper cups on the field!)......just kidding too.

are you guys still using a round football?? tongue
Back to top Go down
crazy mixed up kid

crazy mixed up kid

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 1:57 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
rockabilly guy wrote:

Cheers
Steve

HaHa Tv.......yes we are. The way God intended it.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 2:07 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
rockabilly guy wrote:

Cheers
Steve

HaHa Tv.......yes we are. The way God intended it.

I thought for sure the NFL was in the garden of eden and when eve
ate the apple, they all started running around in short shorts for hours never scoring any points. cyclops

hee,hee gotta love the ol' gridiron
Christmas Rocks CD 862266the-three-stooges-posters
Back to top Go down
crazy mixed up kid

crazy mixed up kid

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 2:22 pm

You've only got to pass the ball 10 yards in the NFL & the crowd go wild and on comes the marching brass band.....seems all very exciteable to me.

Great picture of the 3 stooges by the way.....I only have to look at them & they make me laugh.

CMUK
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 2:29 pm

You've only got to pass the ball 10 yards in the NFL & the crowd go wild and on comes the marching brass band.....seems all very exciteable to me.

Great picture of the 3 stooges by the way.....I only have to look at them & they make me laugh.

CMUK

I hope you know I'm just ribbin' ya. My mothers side of the family
are all irish from Oz, they have always mocked our game. Some
still mock my San Fran. 49'ers.

a fan till death,
tv

ps. I have modeled my life after Curly ha..
Back to top Go down
crazy mixed up kid

crazy mixed up kid

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 3:49 am

Hey TV........I would'nt expect any bad vibes from anyone on this website, they are all friends, especially as you are one of the moderators.

And please feel to rib me about football or anything any time you like, you'll find I dont take things too seriously.

Regards
Jason
CMUK
Back to top Go down
crazy mixed up kid

crazy mixed up kid

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 2:11 pm

Glad to see Brian Setzer.com on the ball.......New Christmas CDs out now.

Funny thing is, I heard it here first.

Thanks Rockerbilly Guy.

CMUK
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 2:30 pm

Glad to see Brian Setzer.com on the ball.......New Christmas CDs out now.

Funny thing is, I heard it here first.

Thanks Rockerbilly Guy.

CMUK

Dontcha think it surfdog records just trying to keep the mula comin' in? regardless, the
PBS special christmas show was one of Brians guitar shreddings finest hour IMO. He pulled
out all the stops and it was near flawless.

crap now I'm bummed again about a Xmas holiday without the BSO. I'll go back to the cave
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 2:48 pm

In an earlier thread I started 'bout this, I noticed the distributor listed was actually Time-Life, not Surfdog. So for three easy payments of $9.95, you can have the entire package, the pocket fisherman, and some ginsu steak knives!

Seriously, those Time-Life ads run non-stop on late night TV, so I wonder if we'll be seeing a commercial or two or even a half-hour infomercial on the Setzmas collections.

Redundant-billy
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 2:52 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
In an earlier thread I started 'bout this, I noticed the distributor listed was actually Time-Life, not Surfdog. So for three easy payments of $9.95, you can have the entire package, the pocket fisherman, and some ginsu steak knives!

Seriously, those Time-Life ads run non-stop on late night TV, so I wonder if we'll be seeing a commercial or two or even a half-hour infomercial on the Setzmas collections.

Redundant-billy

hmm.. front page at the website

http://www.surfdog.com/index2.php

Christmas Rocks CD 1003154739BSO_Ultimate%20Christmas_CD-DVD_200
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 2:59 pm

So I guess when you see those overzealous pre-sale links 4 months ahead of time at Amazon, you just ignore them.

Damn. I really wanted that pocket fisherman.

Popeil-a-billy
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 3:03 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
So I guess when you see those overzealous pre-sale links 4 months ahead of time at Amazon, you just ignore them.

Damn. I really wanted that pocket fisherman.

Popeil-a-billy

be careful man...

amazon.com is owned by the International banksters. Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 3:33 pm

Pocket Fisherman?

Howzabout a new Christmas song?

Check out this link and click on Santa Claus is Coming to Town!

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/Christmas-Rocks-The-Best-of-Collection/Brian-Setzer/e/640424999872/?itm=37

7/10 Splitter,
Scatman
Back to top Go down
Diggey

Diggey

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Just wondering   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 9:45 am

Hey all, I was a member of the "other" forum and had a baby recently and just got back in touch to realize it was gone. So, I am back.

My question is:
Is the New Christmas DVD the same as the one they previously released? It seems the CD is a comp of both of the 2 live Christmas CD's from the past, but I wonder if this is a new seperate concert or what? Anyone know for certain?
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 12:28 pm

It is the same DVD. A whole new audience for this DVD opened up about a year after its release when the show was aired on US public television. Many of these viewers had none of the albums and did not have the DVD, either, and did not want to pledge $250 to their local public station to receive the DVD as a free gift. The CD contains two tracks from Wolfie - the Japan version's Bach's Bounce and Take a Break Guys plus the previously unreleased Santa Claus is Coming to Town. Christmas Island was a bonus track for Japan's DTCC, and was a bonus track for Target stores one year, but may be new to a lot of listeners.

It is relatively hard to find at a few local shops today, as several retailers are stockpiling their Christmas releases for display a little later in the season. (Although they seem to have no problem putting Faith Hill front and center.) But ask the clerk if they have any in the back, and they might be able to get it for you.

Also, the two previous Xmas CDs weren't "live", unless you meant the 2 Live Crew Christmas CD, which remains unreleased to this day.

Here comes Santa Claus-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 12:39 pm

I saw the new BSO Christmas releases in plentiful supply at my local Best Buy today when I was there picking up the new Dylan release, "Tell Tale Signs".

best,
Blind Tommy McTell
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 1:09 pm

Cool! I was shut out at Target, Barnes and Noble, and a local independent store. I'm still saving for the deluxe version of the Dylan set, but I did pick up the Clash at Shea Stadium and the new Pretenders album. I have to say, the Pretenders definitely learned a thing or two about rockabilly touring with the Stray Cats last summer. Three of the tracks on their latest effort Break Up the Concrete have a distinct rockabilly feel about them. Very nice. There's a pedal steel player in the band as well. Diggit!

Party Like It's 1981-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Christmas Rocks CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Rocks CD   Christmas Rocks CD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas Rocks CD
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next