Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Press reviews

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
richjohnson26

richjohnson26

Press reviews Empty
PostSubject: Press reviews   Press reviews Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 3:49 pm

Out of interest has anyone found any newspaper reviews of the Stray Cats farewell tour. I don't know whether anyone does, but I find them interesting to read to get a outside view (and sometimes to laugh at!). I remember reading one about the 04 tour in the Independent but not seen anything else.
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

Press reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Press reviews   Press reviews Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 1:51 am

Here in France, a great newspaper called Libération done an interview with (only) Brian the day before Paris gig. It was called "Banane Mûre" (in english, probably something like "Ripe Banana" : the word banane is for the fruit & the pompadour !)
It was as about Brian 's career than Stray Cats farewell tour. Le Setz' was telling that he was tired about trip and... About his last night : no way to sleep in Helsinki hôtel after the gig because of a rave party !!
More seriously, it was really moving. Words like "it will be the end of our adolescence" or the way Brian told the day he said to Jim to play drums standing up...
Actually, the links are out of order but you will find the interview on www.liberation.fr (search Brian Setzer)
Back to top Go down
crazy mixed up kid

crazy mixed up kid

Press reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Press reviews   Press reviews Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 2:02 pm

Hey RichJ

I've been informed that there is a review in BIG CHEESE magazine this month on Stray Cats.....not sure what its like or how indepth it is, as I have not yet got a copy but I'm hoping to get one tomorrow.

bigcheese.com

CMUK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Press reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Press reviews   Press reviews Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Press reviews
Page 1 of 1