Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Good Thing

Go down 
+41
Madman
The Squirrel
Twenty Flight Rick
jbgoode
mark t
I'm Incinerator
vic
Brent
gretschoholic
steb74
mjcodina
ScottS
kbilly
matt
christopher
johnnykool327
freddie
BethAnn
Rocky Mountain Cat
Setzerado
tvthewiredturtle
Pistol Pete
frenchlmp
Frenchyfab
webelvis
Le Hub'
Guitarmaniac
Bear85
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
enjay07
sidelake bob
Rickabilly
Aussie_Sam
Budgie
Hot Rod Girl
Brett
Cristo
Kid Setzer
pony65k
Amity
Andi
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Brett

Brett

One Good Thing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:12 pm

Listen to "13" on the way to work this morning...

@Lord Vincent: Suspect strange Humur, my Lord...what did your wife buy for the money?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:23 pm

Spent the weekend camping with my family in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, as far north as we could get without going around Lake Superior. Great scenery, and the weather wasn't too cold. Saw some very well-maintained vintage campers at the campground (camper trailers, not camper people...although come to think of it, I saw some well-maintained vintage camping people, too!)

This morning was get-home day, so we had to tear down the tent and pack the car for the long drive home. So pulled out the keys, settled into the dad spot behind the wheel, and what came on the radio just as I started the drive?

Rock This Town, of course! Perfect end to a perfect weekend.
Back to top Go down
Aussie_Sam

Aussie_Sam

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:25 am

One good thing about today, my daughter calling Brian, "Brian Said-so" she can't quite say Setzer....lol.
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:27 am

I'm back from Malta =)
Only had one and a half hours of school today because I skipped the rest.
Nice weather outside though not as hot as in Malta
rabbit
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:35 am

One good thing today ?
My little boy wants to change the compil' we listen in the car while we drive to the beach each morning. So we made the new compil' TOGETHER for the first time. Unforgettable for both of us.
He decides to call this new CD "Rockabilly World" because it's his actually fav'tune !

Just a word little to Sam : my little boy never can say "Setzer", he just call Brian "Le Setz'" Wink
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:45 am

Glad to see this thread picking up some steam... though I could've done with out Vinnie's post.

ChooChooHotHub wrote:
my little boy never can say "Setzer", he just call Brian "Le Setz'" Wink

Funny, so do I. But when I do it's on purpose Smile

When I first discovered the Cats (when I was 9) I used to say Zetzer. I don't know why. Once in a blue moon I still catch myself saying it.

One Good Thing about today...

Aw, come on. What isn't good about today? I've got an excessive amount of Good Things happening in my life right now, my only wish is that I could spread 'em around to the people I love who could use more of 'em.
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 8:49 am

Eat a 100% ecologic lunch today, That dont happen every day ..
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:09 am

Last edited by Brett on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong place)
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:52 am

The company that I'm working for this summer-vacation is doing the complete Light and Sound engineering for a festival where one of my favortite Bands from here plays!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:13 pm

I'm gonna see Boppin' B tomorrow for free!
And a friend of mine who is a well known Rockabilly DJ in Munich has his own radio show tonight for one hour on an independent station.
He only spins original 45s!
You can listen to it at exactly 11 pm central european time (that should be 5 pm eastern USA time). http://live.lora924.de:8000/
He only plays awesome tracks!
You should do it if you have the time =)
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:29 pm

Guitarmaniac wrote:
I'm gonna see Boppin' B tomorrow for free!

Enjoy it!!
They have an awesome stage-performance, and they're all very nice people too!
And next Sunday, I help doing the Sound-engineering for them!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:32 pm

Hab ich doch schomma gesehn Paul^^
I think they do a little too much show, but the music is still very good.
I still prefer less known bands though as the atmosphere is cooler in smaller clubs and bars.
Back to top Go down
Frenchyfab

Frenchyfab

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:18 am

I'm going to see BBKing tonight in Paris
What a good thing to live...
Long live the King of the Blues!

Frenchyfab
Back to top Go down
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:01 am

Frenchyfab wrote:
I'm going to see BBKing tonight in Paris

Frenchyfab

Je te déteste!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:49 am

Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:21 am

On my way to a car meet with my old Mustang. Life is great! cheers
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:17 pm

I didn't get online yesterday so I'm putting in my 2 cents tonight.
Yesterday's good thing was Van Morrison on the iPod!!

Today's good thing was reading Bear85's post about vintage campers! He always cracks me up!!!!

Also found out a friend of mine is expecting a baby! She's a great mom and I'm super excited for her!!

Goodness all around! flower
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 4:21 am

Two good things for me today

-packing for the beach and leaving tomorrow

-tonight I am headed to the Phillies game.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:19 pm

One Good Thing: Padding around barefoot.

Another Good Thing: Ducking out to get my favorite lunch, two days in a row, with no one telling me there's something wrong with me for wanting the same thing two days in a row.

AnOTHER Good Thing! In the car to go get lunch, hearing "Don't Stop The Music" by Yarborough and Peoples (1981!) on the radio and instantly being reminded of the last time I heard that song: October 27, 2008, eating chili cheese fries for lunch in Washington DC's famous Ben's Chili Bowl. One of the cooks put that song on and it was like everyone in the place - young, old, black, white, families, individuals - suddenly started grooving. I have never felt such a positive vibe in my life. Wonderful random memory to brighten an already good day.

EDIT: And I just noticed this brings my post count to 619 - San Diego, baby!

sunny
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:18 pm

Andi wrote:
Another Good Thing: Ducking out to get my favorite lunch, two days in a row, with no one telling me there's something wrong with me for wanting the same thing two days in a row.

There's something wrong with eating the same thing 2 days in a row? Shoot! I've got a kid who'd eat spaghetti everynight for dinner if he had the chance. And I take Easy Mac-N-Cheese for lunch to work about 2 or 3 days a week. Is that why people are mocking me???

Good thing today: I was super-mom. After work I took kid #2 to karate; came home and made a home-cooked meal; mowed the lawn (front & back); did some laundry; got everyone in the house showered, snacked & tucked into bed! Except me of course...I'm stuck in front of the computer.
Over & out!
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:40 am

i did a rehearsal with R`nR band yesterday evening,
and now i`ll play four show with these guys...that´s good because my mainjob is low for the moment (crisis) and i`m not able to make the money i use to.
So, i`ll make a little extra money with music.
That´s not new, but this year it works better than ever.
Sometimes life is funny...
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 3:11 am

enjay07 wrote:
Andi wrote:

There's something wrong with eating the same thing 2 days in a row? Shoot! I've got a kid who'd eat spaghetti everynight for dinner if he had the chance. And I take Easy Mac-N-Cheese for lunch to work about 2 or 3 days a week. Is that why people are mocking me???

Good thing today: I was super-mom. After work I took kid #2 to karate; came home and made a home-cooked meal; mowed the lawn (front & back); did some laundry; got everyone in the house showered, snacked & tucked into bed! Except me of course...I'm stuck in front of the computer.
Over & out!

Good Lord! You mow the lawn, TOO??? You ARE super-MOM!

I went to a birthday party today. Saw some little kids, toddlers, and up to 5-6 year-olds, havin' a blast on a slip'n'slide. Not one of those old-school ones, the kind where you stretch the tarp out over the yard, and let the garden hose run over it... and run, dive, slide... and crack yer bones over all the rocks and dirt spread over the yard. You know, the kind that hurts! This one was cool as hell. Where was that crap when I was a kid???

But, I guess, people have been sayin' that for ages... just sayin'... that slip'n'slide is pretty damn cool, even when you ain't wearin your swim trunks.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 4:25 am

Cristo wrote:
that slip'n'slide is pretty damn cool, even when you ain't wearin your swim trunks.

Wait, what?!

OUCH!! affraid

HAHAHAHA!

sunny

(sorry, 4:30am..... Razz)
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:40 am

Lovin' the fact that having a job means that I have reason to be excited that today is Friday! C'mon, the weekend!
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:57 pm

Andi wrote:
Cristo wrote:
that slip'n'slide is pretty damn cool, even when you ain't wearin your swim trunks.

Wait, what?!

OUCH!! affraid

HAHAHAHA!

sunny

(sorry, 4:30am..... Razz)

HAHA... oops!

What I meant to say is that I went on the slip-n-slide in my REGULAR clothes. Thanks, Andi, makin' me look like a perv!!! Shocked

Stupid... English language... sucks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Good Thing
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next