Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rodgers & Setzer go hunting.....

Go down 
+4
Scatman
JC
pony65k
steb74
8 posters
AuthorMessage
steb74

steb74

Rodgers & Setzer go hunting..... Empty
PostSubject: Rodgers & Setzer go hunting.....   Rodgers & Setzer go hunting..... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 3:03 pm

Hi folks, I was just watching this clip again and thought I'd post it incase it had slipped by a few radars on here.
It's Paul Rodgers & Brian performing The Hunter, absolutely smoking!!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ds9N_JGd8U
It does make me wish during that period Paul & Brian had made a full album of some kind together, oh well...
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Rodgers & Setzer go hunting.....   Rodgers & Setzer go hunting..... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 3:59 pm

Great Song. Paul's got a brilliant voice. Brian's playing is really cool. What guitar is he using? Going by the inlays, it looks like some sort of Western motif.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Rodgers & Setzer go hunting.....   Rodgers & Setzer go hunting..... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 4:48 pm

Great find!!
Paul Rogers IMO has the greatest voice in rock!

The guitar looks like a Chet Atkins 6120
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Rodgers & Setzer go hunting.....   Rodgers & Setzer go hunting..... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 7:27 pm

Great clip!

For those keeping track, that performance was recorded on
7 April, 1993 on "Late Night with David Letterman" in NYC.

One month later (19 May, 1993) Setzer was a special guest on 4 songs
during Paul Rodgers show at the Great American Music Hall in San Francisco.

Thanks for the link!
Scatman
Back to top Go down
steb74

steb74

PostSubject: Re: Rodgers & Setzer go hunting.....   Rodgers & Setzer go hunting..... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 7:58 pm

Cool, thanks for the info man!
I'd been wondering if the 'Late Night' performance was earlier than the San Francisco show.
Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: Rodgers & Setzer go hunting.....   Rodgers & Setzer go hunting..... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 11:17 am

Yeah great clip. I never saw it. Man there must be many more unseen videos around the world.
Who's the bass player? (he's shown in my avator's original size)
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Rodgers & Setzer go hunting.....   Rodgers & Setzer go hunting..... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 11:35 am

Never have seen it before, loved it!!! Passing it on to friends. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Iloveopiatesandgretsch

Iloveopiatesandgretsch

PostSubject: Re: Rodgers & Setzer go hunting.....   Rodgers & Setzer go hunting..... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 2:45 pm

That Gretsch is intersting, it doesn't look vintage mayube one of the first repros from the early nientis? It's weird becasue it has the G brand and the bi inlays like the 197 6120 but it doesn't sport the dynasonics klike a 57 typically oud? maybe he swapped them out for the filtertrons? i seem to recall reading somewhere before the t.v. jones craze Setzer was using duncan antiquities. I looked into a pair amd they weren't cheap!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/themusicofmichaelthomas
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Rodgers & Setzer go hunting.....   Rodgers & Setzer go hunting..... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 11:40 pm

Iloveopiatesandgretsch wrote:
That Gretsch is intersting, it doesn't look vintage mayube one of the first repros from the early nientis? It's weird becasue it has the G brand and the bi inlays like the 197 6120 but it doesn't sport the dynasonics klike a 57 typically oud? maybe he swapped them out for the filtertrons? i seem to recall reading somewhere before the t.v. jones craze Setzer was using duncan antiquities. I looked into a pair amd they weren't cheap!

I think the backline was arranged by the TV-Station and Setzer Managment told them before what is necessary. I don`t think it was original Setzer Equipment.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Rodgers & Setzer go hunting.....   Rodgers & Setzer go hunting..... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 3:30 am

Patrick wrote:
Yeah great clip. I never saw it. Man there must be many more unseen videos around the world.
Who's the bass player? (he's shown in my avator's original size)

The Bass Player is Will Lee, the regular Late Show Bassist.

Brett wrote:
I think the backline was arranged by the TV-Station and Setzer Managment told them before what is necessary. I don`t think it was original Setzer Equipment.

Probably right, Setzer's playing through what looks like a silver face Fender Twin rather than his usual Bassman.
You can also see him move to stomp on an pedal, (Tube Screamer?) just before he starts his solo.

Iloveopiatesandgretsch wrote:

Another thing that puzzles me about the guitar is all the hardware is gold plated including the Bigsby, this is generally only found on the Falcons to my knowledge...
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rodgers & Setzer go hunting.....   Rodgers & Setzer go hunting..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rodgers & Setzer go hunting.....
Page 1 of 1