Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele

Go down 
+9
steb74
Brent
Twenty Flight Rick
WildCat
Rickabilly
Kiki
Brett
pony65k
tvthewiredturtle
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Empty
PostSubject: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 9:10 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:56 pm

If anyone can pull of a mullet, it's Brian. It's harder for me to endure seeing him play a tele. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:00 pm

with a Tele AND in E...

But i like it, very cool version.

Btw, what is Tommy Byrnes doing these days?

Last edited by Brett on Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:35 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Rick-a-billy correction)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:06 pm

Great find, TV!!!

Brian has had every hairdo known to man and then some.

Lovin' it!!!
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:09 pm

@ Brett: Other than touring with Billy Joel, the same gig he's had for the last 21 years, I'm not sure what Tommy B's doing. But if you want to Google him to find out, make sure you spell his name correctly:

It's Tommy Byrnes.

Kookie, Lend Me Your Comb-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:30 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
@ Brett: Other than touring with Billy Joel, the same gig he's had for the last 21 years, I'm not sure what Tommy B's doing. But if you want to Google him to find out, make sure you spell his name correctly:

It's Tommy Byrnes.

Just wonderin' how many get your Kookie reference. Us old-timers understand...
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 11:33 pm

Rickabilly wrote:

It's Tommy Byrnes.

oh, sorry and thanks for the advise.

Euro-Brett
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 6:42 am

Kiki wrote:
Rickabilly wrote:

It's Tommy Byrnes.

*raises paw*

He always creeped me out in Grease. So sleazy. *shudder*

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 6:52 am

WildCat wrote:
Kiki wrote:
Rickabilly wrote:

It's Tommy Byrnes.

*raises paw*

cat

I'm going back farther than that...77 Sunset Strip...
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:26 am

I thought Vince Fountain's name was Ed not tommy Question
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 10:04 am

The character of Vince Fontaine in Grease was played by 60s heartthrob Edd (Yes, two D's) "Kookie" Byrnes. Tommy Byrnes is no relation and might have been a toddler when 77 Sunset Strip was on the air. (He's 46 now)

I was just riffing on the last name that had been misspelled earlier. Tommy Byrnes as in Edd "Kookie" Byrnes, not Burns as in Montgomery Burns:

Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Bush-burns

Excellent!

By the way, there is a guitarist specializing in Celtic rock also named Tommy Byrnes. Not the same guy.

Baby, You're the Ginchiest-billy
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 10:19 am

Wow, so many Burns and Byrnes.
But for my rehabilitation, the youtube video says Tommy Burns.
But i checked it and you are right.
I also found the other guitar player.

Last question:
does anybody know why David Byrne asked Brian about painting? Suspect
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=PT0msqF2XRY&feature=PlayList&p=D6A8A19AE69320B5&index=2

(after the song)
Is Mr. Setzer a expert in such things?

Burn-baby-burn-Brett
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 10:23 am

Rickabilly wrote:
The character of Vince Fontaine in Grease was played by 60s heartthrob Edd (Yes, two D's) "Kookie" Byrnes. Tommy Byrnes is no relation and might have been a toddler when 77 Sunset Strip was on the air. (He's 46 now)

I was just riffing on the last name that had been misspelled earlier. Tommy Byrnes as in Edd "Kookie" Byrnes, not Burns as in Montgomery Burns:

Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Bush-burns

Excellent!

By the way, there is a guitarist specializing in Celtic rock also named Tommy Byrnes. Not the same guy.

Baby, You're the Ginchiest-billy

I had the extra D on it but spell check lied to me, oh and if we are keeping
score... his real name is Edward Byrne Breitenberger.
The extra D must have been a savy thing in 58' jocolor
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 10:36 am

TV I admit, I couldn't get through the entire video. Maybe half....

Rick
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 10:40 am

Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele PCPointingFinger

Aha! So the Mac's spell check can't catch a spelling error on the kooky name of a pop idol from nearly 50 years ago. So much for superior technology. Booya!

Gotta go. Vista just locked up again.

Not-so-savvy-billy
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 10:44 am

Rickabilly wrote:
Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele PCPointingFinger

Aha! So the Mac's spell check can't catch a spelling error on the kooky name of a pop idol from nearly 50 years ago. So much for superior technology. Booya!

Gotta go. Vista just locked up again.

Not-so-savvy-billy
au contre mon frere, the forum's spell check was at fault
not the mac. Not for a second there mr windows! stop pointing that gun at my head
PC!

Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele W1k_msvsmac
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 5:06 pm

I actually like this version...but the tele is harder to take than the hair.
Back to top Go down
http://tigersharks.ca
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 6:22 pm

Brent wrote:
I actually like this version...but the tele is harder to take than the hair.

I'm going to ask a question that is NOT meant to be condescending..

You like this version because you are european and have an uncanny breadth
of blues panache dont you?

It amazes me (in an appreciatory way ) how much more folks outside of the states can really dig the blues, and know that there's more to it than BB king and SRV. I think american
television advertising has dumbed it all down to beer commercials and thus desensitized us.

here is some goood re-sensitizin' just in case:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM-73uROlR4&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 6:33 am

Hi TV,

I'm actually here in Canada, eh? But I suppose we are technically still in the British Commonwealth...so we're slightly European???? I just like it 'cause I've heard it soooooo many times done the traditional way and I've got to confess...I've never really liked the drop down E string. It always sounds out of tune to me. For example, the version on the Xmas dvd is pretty...um..well...God awful. It gets all muddy and it seems as though every one gets a little lost in the last "solo". Truthfully, at one point it's just noise to me. Please don't lambast me....you know I love the Brian. But playing rock this town every concert, generally the same way, must get tedious. The telly has to go though. Too nasally. (Is that a word?)

Brent
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 7:46 am

Brent wrote:
Hi TV,

I'm actually here in Canada, eh? But I suppose we are technically still in the British Commonwealth...so we're slightly European???? I just like it 'cause I've heard it soooooo many times done the traditional way and I've got to confess...I've never really liked the drop down E string. It always sounds out of tune to me. For example, the version on the Xmas dvd is pretty...um..well...God awful. It gets all muddy and it seems as though every one gets a little lost in the last "solo". Truthfully, at one point it's just noise to me. Please don't lambast me....you know I love the Brian. But playing rock this town every concert, generally the same way, must get tedious. The telly has to go though. Too nasally. (Is that a word?)

Brent

to badly paraphrase Joe Walsh of the eagles ... "If I knew I'd still be singing this song, I would have written something else"

- take off eh! ...Geddy

ps. drop D makes a 3 piece sound much fatter, more like a locomotive, but yes I so dont want to hear Rock this town or Stray Cat strut from the orchestra. Not when songs like
"sammy davis city" or "september skies" could be played.
Back to top Go down
steb74

steb74

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 8:14 am

Shocked I think the tele sounds incredible...
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 10:47 am

It's not that bad but I'm sure TV would agree....if it were a Gretsch it'd be better.
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:19 am

I don't know the exact meaning of Mullet in German.
Could it be that it the German word for it is Vokuhila (abbreviaton for 'Vorne kurz, hinten lang' which means 'short in the front, long in the back')
So if it is what I suppose I guess this is also a Mullet

Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele 528439454_1191357702328
Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele 7248886,tid=i

Greasy greetings from Munich
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:25 am

Oh yeah!!! Those are definitely mullets!
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:27 am

Kiki wrote:
WildCat wrote:
Kiki wrote:
Rickabilly wrote:

It's Tommy Byrnes.

*raises paw*

cat

I'm going back farther than that...77 Sunset Strip...
He didn't creep me out on that. Go figure.

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele   Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dare you to endure this Mullet hell video of Setzer on Tele
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next