Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Off to see RCR tomorrow night!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chillicat

Chillicat

Off to see RCR tomorrow night!!! Empty
PostSubject: Off to see RCR tomorrow night!!!   Off to see RCR tomorrow night!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 5:43 pm

I'm so excited! i've never seen a whole live show by Royal Crown guys.
Can't wait!!!
Very Happy
C
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Off to see RCR tomorrow night!!!   Off to see RCR tomorrow night!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 10:38 am

Ohhhhhhh have a great time! They put on a rockin' show. We were fortunate enough to catch them several years ago (pre kids Very Happy ) at a small venue in Atlanta. It was at that moment that I threatened my hubby within an inch of his life with "Don't you dare take me to another show like this and NOT know how to dance with me!" Now he's the best lead a girl could ask for! Cool

Let us know how the show is!
hrg
Back to top Go down
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: Off to see RCR tomorrow night!!!   Off to see RCR tomorrow night!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 12:51 pm

What a night!! I had such a good time... They are such good musicians!!! I was just blown away by how on they were and such great banter. The openers, a local band called the Hydromatics were equally as impressive, and I got to dance a little with the lead singer/guitarist during RCR's set, which was fun. I only wish i'd been able to tell more people about it. I would have loved to dance more, but i guess my swing friends in slo didn't know about it or had something else going on. I bought the two cd's i didn't have, and then was able to get a few of the guys to sign it. Got to chat with Eddie Nichols briefly, Vikko Lepisto, and one of the horn players I think (i feel bad i can't remember his name Embarassed ) Really great concert!!!
cat
C
Back to top Go down
Pirate Paul

Pirate Paul

PostSubject: Re: Off to see RCR tomorrow night!!!   Off to see RCR tomorrow night!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 2:08 pm

Glad you had a great time at the RCR gig Chillicat, I would love to see them live Wink

I didnt know Vikko Lepisto was back playing with them, I wonder whats happened to Dave Miller?

Did you manage to take any photo's Question

Cheers PP pirat
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Off to see RCR tomorrow night!!!   Off to see RCR tomorrow night!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 2:41 pm

Man, I can't believe it's been more than 10 years since I saw them last! I remember seeing them on the Swing Alive video and was over the moon when I found out they were playing in my town! A great show - I don't dance, nor do I feel a need to learn, but I definitely couldn't sit still listening to Eddie and the boys. I love the edge they had - to me, more so than Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, or just about anyone else, including Setzer, (who had the edgiest of the BSO albums, Guitar Slinger, out at the time.)

Don't get me wrong, I dig BBVD, and the RCR can't hold a candle to the scope of what the BSO does, but the Royal Crown Revue has stuck it out year after year, without resorting to Christmas albums (a few Xmas tracks here and there), delivering their sneering brand of punched-up swing for at least 15 years, and I'm glad to see they're still out there, tearin' it up.

Palooka-billy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off to see RCR tomorrow night!!!   Off to see RCR tomorrow night!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Off to see RCR tomorrow night!!!
Page 1 of 1