Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When I met Brian

Go down 
+9
badkitty
FrenchyCat
EskimoPie
Le Hub'
pony65k
Twenty Flight Rick
Kid Setzer
Kelley
Pistol Pete
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rubydoll5
Admin
rubydoll5

When I met Brian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When I met Brian   When I met Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:38 pm

Ha... I know!!

Best payback ever.... being able to shove in his face that Brian Setzer remembered my birthday and he didn't!! PRICELESS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hoodoovoodoolounge.com
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: When I met Brian   When I met Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:57 pm

hey yes, you're right it was Brian that remembered your birthday, ha ha cool!
Back to top Go down
mjcodina

mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: When I met Brian   When I met Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:19 am

wasnt that the best show ever though Mandi!!! again thanks for those little Setzer goodies before the show. Gary Hoey handed me a pick during one of his songs. I remember I was like "um thanks" not knowing really much who he was at the time. now im like" Whoa!" great night
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html

PostSubject: Re: When I met Brian   When I met Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 2:12 am

Mandi,
tell Setzer to divorce from Julie and marry you ;-)
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: When I met Brian   When I met Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 2:28 am

Evil or Very Mad Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When I met Brian   When I met Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 2:34 am

Kelley, I wrote Mandi by accident.
You know Brian is for you though I tried to cheer her up too

Ooops, Kelley, weren't you meant for me??
That's what you told me
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: When I met Brian   When I met Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 2:39 am

ha ha you're funny Jon
Back to top Go down
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: When I met Brian   When I met Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:14 am

I would also like to say the times I’ve met Brian he has been a sweetheart each and every time. He’s the kind of guy you can walk up to and feel like you’ve known him for years, even if you’re meeting him for the first time. He was just very easy to be around and talk to. The music itself of your favorite artist is enough of a gift for a fan, but Brian has given me, and lots of his fans, some of the greatest memories ever! At a Jay Leno taping one year, I got to thank him for all of those great memories and he was just as nice as can be. If I never get to chat with him again, so be it. I will remember the times I did get to meet him (and the nice things he did that went along with that) and it will feel like being there all over again. I love you
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: When I met Brian   When I met Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:09 am

Great topic Pete!

European tour 2008.

I meet the band in Helsinki airport the day after the gig, Stray cats was on the same flight to Stockholm. Brian and Julie was just two seat from me.

A funny thing was that Finn-air playing 50s rockabilly when Stray cats and the crew boarding.

What a flight! king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When I met Brian   When I met Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 3:42 pm

Sidelake Bob,
you lucky bastard! ;-) (no offense!)

It was a pity that I couldn't make to the Madrid show, despite my having tickets but due to work reasons, I had to make do with attending the opening night of the tour... Otherwise I would have visited them at their hotel, as I knew where they were lodged or the next day I would have make it to the airport since they were flying to Rome from Madrid... (shrugs)

All these stories are pretty interesting but it's a shame that all the Spaniards that aimed to meet Brian, could never do it. They always had Brian very reluctant to meet them... whereas Lee & Jim always had a second for a quick chat, pic and signature.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When I met Brian   When I met Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 3:48 pm

MJCodina,
I heard about that show that Brian was quite tipsy and when he tried to leap on Slim Jim's bass drum , he couldn't!! Is that true??
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: When I met Brian   When I met Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 5:51 pm

"Spaniards that aimed to meet Brian, could never do it. They always had Brian very reluctant to meet them."

awww Jon, I dont think that is true he sung Spanish style songs before, right? and he tours in Spain, so it's not like he dislikes us right?
Back to top Go down
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Re: When I met Brian   When I met Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:11 pm

I wanted to say great topic, Pete, thanks for posting your story and sending us down the sunny side of memory lane! And cheers to Gloria for helping me remember so many fun times at shows!
Back to top Go down
mjcodina

mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: When I met Brian   When I met Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:35 am

JonPascual wrote:
MJCodina,
I heard about that show that Brian was quite tipsy and when he tried to leap on Slim Jim's bass drum , he couldn't!! Is that true??

i think thats true. the stage was really small and was gettin a little wobbly when the Blasters were playin. they had to fix it up a little between sets if i remember correctly. I do remember Setzer was a'spittin everywhere tho. you could tell he was havin a blast tho.
Also that was when he was playin through that, slips my mind right now the name of it, ... that other echo he used on NBFD. i didnt like it a whole lot.
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When I met Brian   When I met Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When I met Brian
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2