Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stray Setzer Posters

Go down 
+16
Davy Jones
Swansea City
scatcatcnut
gretschkat57
Hot Rod Girl
Kid Setzer
Pistol Pete
tvthewiredturtle
Andi
BethAnn
Budgie
Scatman
Kelley
Niels Schroeter
ScottS
markarma
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
markarma

markarma

Stray Setzer Posters Empty
PostSubject: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 6:36 am

Saw some interesting 'Stray Cats' posters here.
http://www.gigposters.com/band/34030_Stray_Cats.html
Check out the Berlin one, very strange!

Also a couple of Setzer ones...
http://www.gigposters.com/band/34429_Brian_Setzer.html

Mark, fae Glasgow!
Back to top Go down
http://www.markarma.com
ScottS
ScottS

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:33 am

Too bad Brian and management dont see this as a profit center and offer show and tour posters on the official merchandise site. I would bet they sell all they can print.
Back to top Go down
Niels Schroeter

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:58 am

You're absolutely right, and, as a matter of fact, it is something that we will likely start doing on future tours. However, the posters we sell will be of the high-quality silk-screen variety. Very cool!
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:10 am

that Cat Food poster of Brian looks good, meow!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:39 am

I believe the Cat Food poster is not a poster at all, but actually the cover of a small fanzine from Spain. I have the fanzine, but maybe someone made a cool poster of it?

Niels: Along with posters for future shows, would it be cost effective to have Tour Programs available also?

Ooby Dooby!
Scatman
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:48 am

that poster with the Kitten is actually a flyer. I got the original.
Back to top Go down
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:49 am

Scatman wrote:
Niels: Along with posters for future shows, would it be cost effective to have Tour Programs available also?

And how's aboot Stray Cat thongs?? Beach season will be here before you know it!!!

Single degrees in NYC,
Budge
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:50 am

And CAT FOOD is as Scatman said, a Spanish fanzine. IT comes with the review of the 68 CBS show in Barcelona back in 2001
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:51 am

Oh Budgie,
hope you don't dare wear a thong... otherwise there will only be men at the shows... ;-)
Back to top Go down
BethAnn

BethAnn

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:54 am

Niels, is there any way you'd consider selling cardboard tubes for the posters as well? Often they won't let you leave a venue once you enter so you're stuck carrying the poster around the whole night trying not to get it bent or worse, spill your beer on it while trying to applaud. Then there's always the fun in trying to fly home with it somehow.

But I would understand if you think the fans might use them for sword fights or baseball bats. I could see that happening. Heck, if Budge is near me, I'd do it.

Beth-Ann
Back to top Go down
ScottS
ScottS

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:58 am

Thanks Niels! That would be awesome.

Expect to see me in line as soon as they are available.

It really does make sense you can make as much if not more on a print then a cd.

The only Setzer/Cats framed prints I have is a Gretsch ad of the SSLVO, a Japanese trio concert handbill given to me by a friend that was there, and a signed Lee Rocker European tour poster I got from Faith.

I sure there are some great prints out there, I need to up my collection.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:22 pm

Niels Schroeter wrote:
You're absolutely right, and, as a matter of fact, it is something that we will likely start doing on future tours. However, the posters we sell will be of the high-quality silk-screen variety. Very cool!

Ohhhh... wish these were going to be available for the Australia tour!! And I heartily second the tour program idea - they would have been great particularly for the farewell tour.

While in Vegas I got one o' them high quality tour programs from Penn and Teller- oversize, glossy paper, filled with tons of photos from throughout their 30 year career, as well as a story about each of them, written by the other. Incredibly well written and put together, I've read through it a couple times now. I'm not even a major fan of Penn and Teller but it's definitely a keeper. I'd be a lot less likely to buy a Penn and Teller poster though, they're just nowhere near as easy on the eyes as Stray Cats!!

sunny
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:53 pm

Niels Schroeter wrote:

Send me to Minn. and I'll man your poster booth! Smile ......as long as I can
put my CD's on the merch table too. nyuk nyuk! Smile pirat pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:20 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Niels Schroeter wrote:

Hey TV, I'm a big strong guy if ya need help carrying boxes........
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:26 pm

Pistol Pete wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Niels Schroeter wrote:

You big guys all get winded so quick though, and your center of gravity is always
questionable. tongue
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:04 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Pistol Pete wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Niels Schroeter wrote:

You big guys all get winded so quick though, and your center of gravity is always
questionable. tongue

Umm...... you might just be right...........but who do I spend my beer allowance on now?
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:18 pm

Pistol Pete wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Pistol Pete wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Niels Schroeter wrote:

questionable. tongue

Umm...... you might just be right...........but who do I spend my beer allowance on now?
Well... if you can cover your flight and NS will let run the merch table..we might
just make Setzer and the Cats some money. Just dont stand too close as that tends to make me look shorter. ha
Back to top Go down
Niels Schroeter

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:23 pm

andi wrote:
Niels Schroeter wrote:

Ohhhh... wish these were going to be available for the Australia tour!! And I heartily second the tour program idea - they would have been great particularly for the farewell tour.

While in Vegas I got one o' them high quality tour programs from Penn and Teller- oversize, glossy paper, filled with tons of photos from throughout their 30 year career, as well as a story about each of them, written by the other. Incredibly well written and put together, I've read through it a couple times now. I'm not even a major fan of Penn and Teller but it's definitely a keeper. I'd be a lot less likely to buy a Penn and Teller poster though, they're just nowhere near as easy on the eyes as Stray Cats!!

sunny

There is a commemorative poster planned for Oz.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:27 pm

Niels Schroeter wrote:

Fantastic news!! Thank you for making my day, Niels!
Back to top Go down
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:32 pm

Do you have to roll those posters up the opposite way south of the equator?? Question
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:32 pm

Niels Schroeter wrote:

HECK YES! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Niels Schroeter

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:33 pm

Scatman wrote:
I believe the Cat Food poster is not a poster at all, but actually the cover of a small fanzine from Spain. I have the fanzine, but maybe someone made a cool poster of it?

Ooby Dooby!
Scatman

Tour programs sell better than beer in Japan, but aren't as popular (hence not cost-effective) in the States or Europe. Doesn't mean that we won't do them in the future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:48 am

I always wanted that such kinf of stuff was easier to find but to be honest, I prefer it is still difficult to get.
The "collectionism bug" is going to dissapear... all means money and more money...
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 6:31 am

JonPascual wrote:
I always wanted that such kinf of stuff was easier to find but to be honest, I prefer it is still difficult to get.
The "collectionism bug" is going to dissapear... all means money and more money...

Can't you just be happy that fans will be able to have access to tour programs and posters? It's not all about the collecting and the "elitism" of possessing the ultimate, most complete collection of stuff. To some of us, it's about enjoying the moment, loving the music, and having a memento to remember the occasion.

Hey Jon, he who dies with the most toys....doesn't win.

hrg
Back to top Go down
gretschkat57

gretschkat57

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:05 pm

To each his own. I happen to be a collector myself. I always thought it would be cool if Brian offered signed CD's or pics on his webiste the way Lee Rocker does ...or Slim Jim. For those who can't get out and get their items autographed at a show,it makes it nice to have a signed item available to them.

That's great to live in the moment and enjoy your "momento's" but some of us also enjoy collecting. It's all good! Early concert set lists and pics and cool early vids on YouTube were obvisously from someone's collection and everyone here enjoys seeing those things.

I enjoy collecting guitars...but it does get 'spensive!! affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stray Setzer Posters
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next