Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stray Setzer Posters

Go down 
+16
Davy Jones
Swansea City
scatcatcnut
gretschkat57
Hot Rod Girl
Kid Setzer
Pistol Pete
tvthewiredturtle
Andi
BethAnn
Budgie
Scatman
Kelley
Niels Schroeter
ScottS
markarma
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Stray Setzer Posters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 2:31 am

HRG, take it easly hun.
I'm not spoiling your party... I just gave my point of view about that.
I know it's not all about "being the coolest cat or having the unique thing", but I do also enjoy the moment and the music.
However, I stick to what I said and I see eye to eye with Grestchkat.
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 5:59 am

I have the obsessive collecting bug too -is a costly business!
Back to top Go down
Swansea City

Swansea City

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:15 am

me too - I don't think there was anything wrong with what Jon said HRG!!
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:00 am

[quote="Niels Schroeter"][quote="andi"]
Niels Schroeter wrote:
You're absolutely right, and, as a matter of fact, it is something that we will likely start doing on future tours. However, the posters we sell will be of the high-quality silk-screen variety. Very cool!

Hi Niels -are you connected to Setzer/Cats? -must have missed when you first started posting but is implied in your comments -just curious!
Back to top Go down
Niels Schroeter

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:38 am

[quote="scatcatcnut"][quote="Niels Schroeter"]
andi wrote:
Niels Schroeter wrote:
You're absolutely right, and, as a matter of fact, it is something that we will likely start doing on future tours. However, the posters we sell will be of the high-quality silk-screen variety. Very cool!

Hi Niels -are you connected to Setzer/Cats? -must have missed when you first started posting but is implied in your comments -just curious!

Yes, I'm with Brian's management and label. Have been working with Brian since 1993.
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:53 am

Niels,

Since you've graciously discussed the cost-effectiveness of upcoming tour posters and programs, I wonder if I might ask ye about the possibility of one other collectible-type item. Specifically I was wondering if Brian and/or his label were planning on releasing any more of the B.S.O. band charts either for just guitar or for other instruments (i.e. full orchestra scores)? I ask because aside from the two sheet music books from the early 2000's, "Brian Setzer Best of the Big Band", and "The Guitar of Brian Setzer", there hasn't really been anything else released. I posed this question to Tommy awhile back and he said that this was a possibility. I realize this is more of a "niche" market type of item, but I was just curious as to whether or not this was on the radar for Brian and/or his label.

Thanks to ye in advance .

Capt. Jones
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:58 am

I would buy those books for sure. I alway wanted to play BSO songs with our school Big Band!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:14 pm

I think HRG's point wasn't to attack collectors, it was to criticize the point of view that was against mass-producing something very cool like a commemorative concert poster, even on a limited run, for those fans who would like them.

I understand that collector "itch" to have something that only 4 or 5 other people in the world have, but it really doesn't apply to tour merchandise. I think the posters are a fine idea. Protective tubing for them as well, and I promise not to pummel anyone with it at a show. I can't speak for Debs, though. She's perfected the art of virtual *thwap*ping.

Merch-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:31 pm

Hey Rickipedia,

Is that Spazz' mum pictured in your avatar?

Alvis
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:55 pm

Nah, it's me Grandmum. I talked 'bout her a bit last week on THIS thread.

I do want to thank the folks who expressed their condolences to me, both here and via email. Grandma was a pretty private person, but I think she would have gotten a kick out of people offering well-wishes from all over the world on her account.

Scatman, who is that old woman in your avatar? Very Happy

Dig Petty-billy
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:15 pm

So sorry to hear the news, she was obviously loved by many.

I've been missing out on alot of topics/posts here, as the wifey is due to give birth any day now..............

I'll call you soon...............

PS I think that's Chrissie Hynde during her short-lived dye job, playing a way cool single cutaway Hofner bass.
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:19 pm

markarma wrote:
Saw some interesting 'Stray Cats' posters here.
http://www.gigposters.com/band/34030_Stray_Cats.html
Check out the Berlin one, very strange!

Also a couple of Setzer ones...
http://www.gigposters.com/band/34429_Brian_Setzer.html

Mark, fae Glasgow!

Just to get you back on track. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:41 pm

congrtaultions in advance, Scatman!
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 2:29 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
I think HRG's point wasn't to attack collectors, it was to criticize the point of view that was against mass-producing something very cool like a commemorative concert poster, even on a limited run, for those fans who would like them.

I understand that collector "itch" to have something that only 4 or 5 other people in the world have, but it really doesn't apply to tour merchandise. I think the posters are a fine idea. Protective tubing for them as well, and I promise not to pummel anyone with it at a show. I can't speak for Debs, though. She's perfected the art of virtual *thwap*ping.

Merch-a-billy

Exactly my point. Thanks for stating it so eloquently, Rickabilly.

Feeling a little tongue-tied,
hrg
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 2:34 pm

so there is a Balm in Gilead, he shall be called "rick"
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:47 am

Rickabilly wrote:
I think the posters are a fine idea. Protective tubing for them as well, and I promise not to pummel anyone with it at a show. I can't speak for Debs, though. She's perfected the art of virtual *thwap*ping.

Merch-a-billy
Why I oughta... Mad

Not get a phone call, certainly! Razz

Wink

Scatman wrote:
I've been missing out on alot of topics/posts here, as the wifey is due to give birth any day now..............
OooOOOoOOooooo... Congratulations, Alex!!! Be sure to keep us posted!

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:25 am

WildCat wrote:
Rickabilly wrote:
I think the posters are a fine idea. Protective tubing for them as well, and I promise not to pummel anyone with it at a show. I can't speak for Debs, though. She's perfected the art of virtual *thwap*ping.

Merch-a-billy
Why I oughta... Mad

Not get a phone call, certainly! Razz

Wink

Scatman wrote:
OooOOOoOOooooo... Congratulations, Alex!!! Be sure to keep us posted!

cat

baby time!! now the good stuff starts happening in life...except for a good nights sleep. Go take a nap quick!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stray Setzer Posters   Stray Setzer Posters - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stray Setzer Posters
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2