Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down

Go down 
+5
Swansea City
Spanishdavid
Le Hub'
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
Kelley
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley

early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down Empty
PostSubject: early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down   early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 7:52 pm

great clip-go Lee!!!

Back to top Go down
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down   early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:07 am

Hi Kelly ,thanks for posting this. It's great. Go back thru the last 28 or 29 years of young bands starting out and i dont think anybody hit all the marks like these guys, they understood the roots of rocknroll but they were extremely current and timeless. Wild punks but still consumate musicians. a joy to watch and listen to.
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down   early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 1:39 am

Thanks a lot Kelley. What a version ! I've never heard this one before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down   early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 2:33 am

That one belongs to:

11.July.81 - Montreaux Jazz Fest, Montreaux, Switzerland
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down   early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 2:38 am

yep the hot clips of Brian
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down   early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 7:08 am

Everytime I see Lee singing this song in the early days, I canĀ“t stop thinking in how much his singing has improved since then...
Back to top Go down
Swansea City

Swansea City

PostSubject: Re: early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down   early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:13 am

David,

That's really weird - exactly the opposite to what I was thinking. I feel he has tried too hard to popularise his voice on recent albums. This track shows what a gritty bluesy voice he really has, or should that be had? Different people, different ears, different opinions eh?
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down   early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 2:18 pm

Swansea City wrote:
David,

That's really weird - exactly the opposite to what I was thinking. I feel he has tried too hard to popularise his voice on recent albums. This track shows what a gritty bluesy voice he really has, or should that be had? Different people, different ears, different opinions eh?

............ and, I'm with all of you!! Lee's got a real bluesy voice on that song, just the way it has to be.
But it's also true his voice is "cleaner" now and he improved it a lot, so he can sing everything (country-rock, ....roots) ..... except "Bring it back again" (he was too "short", I think).

Jon, dear Jon, you should know Wink the swiss city isn't Montreaux but MONTREUX (I know, on some boots cover, they made that mistake).

FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down   early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 4:13 pm

yes, Lee has got a great singing voice that is why I placed this video up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
setzerino

setzerino

PostSubject: Re: early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down   early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 2:35 am

lol, the audience looks wasted.

When brians going for it during the first solo there are a couple of people right in front of him looking the other way (how can you not be glued to him playing feet from you?)

Great vocals from lee though.
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down   early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 2:48 am

Yeah you're right.
Were they the main act?
Some of the kids in front don't even pay attention when Brian starts the guitar solo...
And I hate camera men who don't know what to film when a guitar solo is being played.
Guitarist don't wanna see the guy's face, but his fingers!!
Suspect
Brian's sound comes close to the B-side version by the way.
One of the greatest sounds he made in his career to me.

Thanx for posting!
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down   early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 6:51 am

um. I wanna always see Brian's face, lol
Back to top Go down
steb74

steb74

PostSubject: Re: early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down   early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:54 am

Patrick wrote:
Brian's sound comes close to the B-side version by the way.
One of the greatest sounds he made in his career to me.
Absolutely man!
For me that B-side has never been equalled.
Of course there are many, many great versions of that song by the Cats and Brian but that one just oozes a very special kind of magic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down   early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

early clip of Lee singing Drink that bottle down
Page 1 of 1