Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME

Go down 
+8
badkitty
eightball
BSO_Rocks
Hot Rod Girl
vic
Budgie
Guitarmaniac
tvthewiredturtle
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Empty
PostSubject: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:02 am

I'm thinking today I will drink beer for breakfast to celebrate 8yrs of hell being over.

I raise my New Castle to ya President Bono!! ..uhm I mean Obama.

The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Bono-obama
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:21 am

So now that Bono is President, will the Official American Animal be changed to be the "Irish Falcon" so that Gretsch is finally a part of the constitution?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:38 am

Guitarmaniac wrote:
So now that Bono is President, will the Official American Animal be changed to be the "Irish Falcon" so that Gretsch is finally a part of the constitution?

The Black Phoenix looks like its rising... that irish falcon is just too pimp for the conservative party elephant albino
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:56 am

Well I prefer the Phoenix anyway =)
I also watched the inauguration (did I spell it right?), on CNN Europe because I can't stand those German Moderators on TV, they don't translate word by word but just the meaning for those people in Germany that won't understand what Obama's saying...
I really hate that. I also hate the German synchronisation of English TV Shows, thats why I always watch my favourite TV shows online on some semi legal websited.
The only thing that's pretty good in German is the Simpsons, everything else sucks.
Another big advantage is that I can watch brand new episodes and don't have to wait a year or so.

I just reread my text and I totally wandered from the subject^^

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:22 pm

You think The Brian'll bust out "Barack This Town" for the Japanese tour??

Budge O'Bama
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:35 pm

Budgie wrote:
You think The Brian'll bust out "Barack This Town" for the Japanese tour??

Budge O'Bama

ahah.. I can tell you HAVE been drinking all day. Man i felt guilty this morning
having a shot of Gentleman Jack with the wife in celebration! ....not of your
binge of course. It brought a tear to our eyes to see the biggest moron in the
world fly away in his little chopper.
My prayer is that Oprah goes with him... drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:53 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Tavo, I just talked to my accountant. Maybe instead of paying my 40% federal income taxes this year, I could just cut you a check and save the government some red tape.

One man's celebration is anothers wake. Change is a comin indeed.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:32 pm

vic wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Tavo, I just talked to my accountant. Maybe instead of paying my 40% federal income taxes this year, I could just cut you a check and save the government some red tape.

One man's celebration is anothers wake. Change is a comin indeed.

awesome another investor for the Nocturn pedal!! Smile

for what its worth..we only celebrated black folk feeling like there is finally balance
taking place in their history. I'm skeptical that any real change can occur in the next
4 yrs.. The only change I want is for our solders to come home to their families and
defend our soil.
On this same day my friends father just past away from an anurism out of the blue. he was mid 50s and full of life. now he's gone.

..I'm gonna go have another New Castle.... help us Bono, help us.

ps, you gotta watch the south park about the republicans hiding when obama gets elected. its hilarious.
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:34 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

ps, you gotta watch the south park about the republicans hiding when obama gets elected. its hilarious.

Funny, I saw that episode on thought it was about how all the Obama supporters (Randy) felt self intitled over rhetorical empty platitudes promising "change". Did you notice Ike is a republican? Smartest kid in town.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:11 pm

vic wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Funny, I saw that episode on thought it was about how all the Obama supporters (Randy) felt self intitled over rhetorical empty platitudes promising "change". Did you notice Ike is a republican? Smartest kid in town.

I've had enough of republicans that act like children.. come watch The Daily Show and
Colbert Nation, we can listen to the empty promises together.

-Brevis ipsa vita est sed malis fit longior
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 4:40 am

While I did not vote for President B.O., I will continue to support the office of the POTUS. I want our country to succeed, no matter who holds the office at the time. The office of the POTUS is so much bigger than any one individual, and deserves respect. I may not agree with some the ideals and principles of the person holding the office, but that does not make it right to resort to name calling and bashing of individuals that do.

I understand that people are free to speak their opinions about present and past Presidents, (thanks to our First Amendment), and those who've supported and opposed their viewpoints and policies. Please, be respectful. Resorting to name calling and childish behavior accomplishes nothing. In fact, it reflects poorly on the person performing the name calling.

There are constitutional measures in place to safeguard our country...and that is why we are a Republic, and not a true Democracy (ie...mob rule). Our country moves slowly in making changes, and that is not necessarily a bad thing. Due process is good.

I've had enough of Democrats and Republicans who behave like children. I'm tired of politicians who believe that they can trample, disrespect, and "reinterpret" the Constitution of the United States of America. There's change coming...maybe good, maybe bad. But I think the real change will happen 2 years from now (2010 Congressional Elections), and then another in 2012 (next Presidential Election).

Just my two cents,
hrg
Back to top Go down
BSO_Rocks

BSO_Rocks

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:48 am

If one is inclined to think a certain way, then they will think that certain way.

President Obama is clearly well intentioned. He has truly cared about people from the start of his career and he deserves (and has earned) the chance to try to pull us out of the deep mess that we're in. Those who are of the same ilk as Fox News' Chris Wallace, who suggested that Obama might not really be the president because Chief Justice Roberts flubbed the oath, are the people Mr. Pres refered to in his address regarding adults who act childish needing to grow up.

Let the Man try to accomplish what we elected him to do.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:59 am

The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Dubya
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:26 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Well...goes to show that he's definitely a MALE! Laughing
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:19 am

Hot Rod Girl wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Well...goes to show that he's definitely a MALE! Laughing

I too felt very youthful during the womens volleyball pig
Back to top Go down
eightball

eightball

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:42 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
It brought a tear to our eyes to see the biggest moron in the

that deserves to be read again....
over here, it feels like(i speak as someone who is half-american) like O.B. has forged a sense of unity in the ol' country, that bush could never have achieved...
i'm glad, it feel like a new beginning.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://eight8all.blogspot.com/
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:04 am

eightball wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
It brought a tear to our eyes to see the biggest moron in the

that deserves to be read again....
over here, it feels like(i speak as someone who is half-american) like O.B. has forged a sense of unity in the ol' country, that bush could never have achieved...
i'm glad, it feel like a new beginning.
Very Happy

I dont trust the media or the leaders of our government, but the front man they put in charge yesterday has caused our country to actually start believing that wounds are
healing and we can feel proud again. As a child I was raised by grandma to be proud
of Australia, the USA and my Irish heritage even though we were in America and she was only a permanent resident. My grandfathers served as Navy men in world war II so I was also proud to be part of a strong country...but my dad taught me to never accept the story fed to me, ask questions and follow the lineage of the families in charge.

All to say I'm a professional skeptic with a full heart of hope and this time dammit, they better not let us down. Arnold Schwartzenugget already gave us californians
a damn IOU for our state tax returns and our houses are worthless, no job, savings
have run out... We'll see what honest Obama does...but the last President to challenge
the Federal Reserve by printing Government notes against their votes, was assassinated when I was born... He was trying to help the american people and the economy by railing against the banksters.

God bless this brave new world, not just America
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:11 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

I dont trust the media or the leaders of our government, but the front man they put in charge yesterday has caused our country to actually start believing that wounds are
healing and we can feel proud again. As a child I was raised by grandma to be proud

Last one, then I'm done. the guy that we put in charge yesterday is supported by only slightly over half of Americans. I'm not critical of the man, but I will continue to be critical of policies that I disagree with. I'm philisophically conservative, he's philosophically liberal, I remain the loyal opposition.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:45 pm

vic wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Last one, then I'm done. the guy that we put in charge yesterday is supported by only slightly over half of Americans.

because he's half white...??? Smile Smile

ps. when Pittsburgh scores slightly higher than Arizona when the clock ends
at the 4th quarter..They are the superbowl winners. Terry and I will be
sayin "yes we can"
The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME 001119_27

FWIW..my white half voted for Obi because my brown half wanted to vomit at the sight of the knucklehead old man and stooge lady that were pawns for my republican party.

I would have voted for Mike Huckabee had he lasted! Hopefully he's running next election... BUT sadly the world ends in 2012.
The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Southpark-nightofthelivinghomeless_1176857340
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 5:33 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Last, last one.

I know its a tongue and cheek comment but white America voted roughly 50/50 for obama, black America over 97%. I think that clearly demonstrates that race plays a roll in American politics today.

But again, I'm interested in policy, not platitudes.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 6:47 pm

vic wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Last, last one.

I know its a tongue and cheek comment but white America voted roughly 50/50 for obama, black America over 97%. I think that clearly demonstrates that race plays a roll in American politics today.

But again, I'm interested in policy, not platitudes.

Policy as it relates to our government is simply Aphorism
and its said that an aphorism is never exactly true.
"It is either a half-truth or a truth and a half."
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 6:57 pm

you certainly did a good job of proving my assumptions reguarding platitudes.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:25 pm

vic wrote:
you certainly did a good job of proving my assumptions reguarding platitudes.

Obama's speech was far from the description of "platitudes", it was not dull, trite, or
banal to the hearts of Black america...

His promises are another story, that history has not yet been written. So I cannot
write him off yet either.
Back to top Go down
badkitty

badkitty

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 1:02 am

So glad Bush is part of our past now! I'm a progressive; some of you will read as "Liberal." I believe in freedom of speech, of choice, of religion. It is what makes our country great!! For those who have more conservative views, I respect your right to your opinion. Let's just keep religion where it belongs this time around; in our hearts, not in our legislation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:02 am

Fingers crossed for Obama-baluba-balambambu to do a great job...
Bush has been the biggest dickhead in history... well, his voters too...

(HOPE NO ONE ALTERS MY POST...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME   The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The day is complete, Dubya has left the building!! PARTY TIME
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next