Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Memories...........

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

Memories........... Empty
PostSubject: Memories...........   Memories........... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Hey gang,

I was just thinking, and yes it DID hurt, about an incident that happened a LONG time ago.

Before the days of the internet and pay tv, Australia was pretty much "behind" in the info on the Cats, etc. We had to wait for info by magazine or what people told us from what they'd seen/heard overseas.
I remember one particular night I was with a "girl friend" of mine in a pretty comfortable position on the couch, and having the tv on to add some background ambience. In the heat of "discussion" I hear the host announce the Cats! Let's just say I sat up that quick that my friend thought there was a fire!
They were playing outside and the song was Bring It Back. I sat transfixed as I had just got the album not long before. Brian was wearing a Lime Yellow Teddy Boy jacket with I think a picture of Christ on the Cross. I reckon they were lip synching as well. Now it gets a little hazy, it would've been between '89-'90 I believe, as in '91 I went overseas for 8 months and then hooked up with my wife when I got back. This was definately a different girl.
My friend couldn't understand what all the fuss was about and tried to divert my attention while they were on. She had no luck!

This has always stood out in my mind as THE funniest memory in regards to the Cats.

So what I'm asking is: What's your funniest Cats/Brian story?

Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Memories...........   Memories........... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:02 pm

well I might be too new of a fan to answer this question, but my so far my 'funniest' Stray Cat monent was when I was watching an early 1981 video that was posted on the Official board (this was when it was briefly opened last month, lol) and after about a few seconds, I started to get lightheaded and my head went slightly backward!! Shocked feeling slightly flushed in the face.

I never felt faint before like that in my life about anyone, (in real life or celebrity) not even with that kid george guy (george just doesn't have that it factor the way Brian does, really!)
this is the video I am talking about, I know it's nothing to most here, but not to me a month ago:

I couldn't even bear watch this video for several days after I first seen it, ain't this silly? Very Happy

crazy sweatin' Kelley
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Memories...........   Memories........... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:11 am

My funniest memory deals with Slim Jim. I attended one of his shows with Darrel Higham in Madrid back in 2006 and well, as that show was the 3rd or 4th of the tour, I only knew some of the songs they were playing, basically because their album was exclusively sold at the shows so that between some songs I started to talk with Slim as I asked him whether they were to play some of the songs he was doing with his band Dead Men Walking. He approached to me, had a chat for a couple of minutes and Darrel joined in too, but unfortunatelly, as Darrel said: Oh Jon, I don't know any of those songs, but thanks for the suggestion! A second later, Jim gave me one of his sticks.

About Brian... I remember being 16 when I attended my first show... the 68 CBS was playing in Madrid back in 2001 and at the end of the show I had a letter written to the drummer Bernie Dresel. I threw that letter onto the stage but it never reached Bernie... siggggh!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Memories...........   Memories........... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:36 am

kelley68 wrote:
well I might be too new of a fan to answer this question, but my so far my 'funniest' Stray Cat monent was when I was watching an early 1981 video that was posted on the Official board (this was when it was briefly opened last month, lol) and after about a few seconds, I started to get lightheaded and my head went slightly backward!! Shocked feeling slightly flushed in the face.

I never felt faint before like that in my life about anyone, (in real life or celebrity) not even with that kid george guy (george just doesn't have that it factor the way Brian does, really!)
this is the video I am talking about, I know it's nothing to most here, but not to me a month ago:

I couldn't even bear watch this video for several days after I first seen it, ain't this silly? Very Happy

crazy sweatin' Kelley

Youre not talking about Boy George are you? I've never known any women attracted to him, just gays,transexuals and transgenders.. interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Memories...........   Memories........... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Memories...........
Page 1 of 1