Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score

Go down 
+53
vatansever223
mark t
scatcatcnut
brian blaut
donpepe
vic
GreasyKidStuff
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
tdub
booty
roland
Budgie
chunkymac
Bear85
Fabdad
pony65k
Spanishdavid
Jon524
gbrand59
kbilly
Sharky
Rickabilly
Andi
Bobby Retro
elvis
matt
christopher
Brett
Hot Rod Girl
halligan
sidelake bob
Bigbassape
ratfink5
Brent
JC
Niblos
Davy Jones
webelvis
Pistol Pete
Twenty Flight Rick
ricky
nietsk
mjcodina
knudi
gretschoholic
Riffs_yeah!
ossi
Guitarmaniac
ruger9
Nikko
jonhope
I'm Incinerator
tvthewiredturtle
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
I'm Incinerator

update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 8:04 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I'm Incinerator wrote:
love the green!

funny thing after seeing the Jack decoration, I just saw Nighmare Before Christmas for the first time last holiday season.

really? Oh man are we fans from the moment it came out in the theater... Tim Burton everything in this house Smile

trust me, I've gotten weird looks after telling people I haven't seen that movie. Agreed, Tim Burton makes some great films. I have a soft spot for the first Batman film with Michael Keaton and Edward Scissorhands.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 8:55 am

I'm Incinerator wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I'm Incinerator wrote:
love the green!

funny thing after seeing the Jack decoration, I just saw Nighmare Before Christmas for the first time last holiday season.

really? Oh man are we fans from the moment it came out in the theater... Tim Burton everything in this house Smile

trust me, I've gotten weird looks after telling people I haven't seen that movie. Agreed, Tim Burton makes some great films. I have a soft spot for the first Batman film with Michael Keaton and Edward Scissorhands.

I'm one of those artsy fartsy types so animation of any type has been a fascination to me for a lifetime, particularly
stop motion because the the grueling labor of love that it is.
Those old rankin bass films are just as good today as they were in the 70s-80s as a kid, nightmare before Xmas
is the icing on the cake although I kind of like "the miracle maker" too since it was put together by russian puppeteers
supposedly over a twelve year period.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:01 am

I loved the stop motion films as a kid, even though they were 15-20 some odd years old by the time I could enjoy them. I still have to catch a peek at them if I'm channel surfing. I'm sure that those will be staples come holiday season...rudolph, etc. once kids come into the picture. I'll make sure that they see Nightmare Before Christmas before they are 29
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:14 am

I'm Incinerator wrote:
I loved the stop motion films as a kid, even though they were 15-20 some odd years old by the time I could enjoy them. I still have to catch a peek at them if I'm channel surfing. I'm sure that those will be staples come holiday season...rudolph, etc. once kids come into the picture. I'll make sure that they see Nightmare Before Christmas before they are 29

this is the fun, reliving your childhood with the kids (or making a good second one).
2 days before halloween we put on nightmare before Xmas and carve our pumpkins
while goofily singing along with Danny Elfman
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:39 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I'm Incinerator wrote:

this is the fun, reliving your childhood with the kids (or making a good second one).

funny thing is, I don't think I've fully grown up yet. So, I imagine part of me will be my kids' best friend...until they get a little older, get their own friends, and I become an embarassing fixture in their lives Twisted Evil pirat
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:05 pm

I'm Incinerator wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I'm Incinerator wrote:

funny thing is, I don't think I've fully grown up yet. So, I imagine part of me will be my kids' best friend...until they get a little older, get their own friends, and I become an embarassing fixture in their lives Twisted Evil pirat

Welcome to my world! But despite the embarrassment in public circles, they will still show their true allegiance when their friends aren't looking!

My oldest swore she wasn't going to dress up for Halloween this year, but we've been bonding over Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride, (and numerous other Tim Burton movies) and now she's put together a "Sally" costume (from Nightmare before Christmas). Thankfully, no boys in Jack Skellington costumes are coming around (as far as I know).

What's This? -a-billy
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:17 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
I'm Incinerator wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I'm Incinerator wrote:

Welcome to my world! But despite the embarrassment in public circles, they will still show their true allegiance when their friends aren't looking!

My oldest swore she wasn't going to dress up for Halloween this year, but we've been bonding over Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride, (and numerous other Tim Burton movies) and now she's put together a "Sally" costume (from Nightmare before Christmas). Thankfully, no boys in Jack Skellington costumes are coming around (as far as I know).

What's This? -a-billy

We're celebrating Halloween first time ever with our family this year as it isn't celebrated here in Oz. Our good friends have come back to live here after having lived in US for 28 years, so we're gonn da it right!!
Our good friend Deane Taylor was the Art Director for A Nightmare and still works with Tim Burton. Whenever we go over, he shows our girls all the movied he's working on and tells them stories of Nightmare etc. He's cool in their eyes, me.....I cool when no one else is around....or they want something.
I gues the old saying of a daughter will hold your hand for a short time but your heart forever is still true though LOL
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:43 pm

ya I think you guys will be the lucky ones when your girls are older as the girls tend to stay close to their folks. If you have boys like I do, their wives somewhat dictate how often you see them.

I am a bastard so I make the calls in our home and have always stayed close to
my mom and dad. I hope the boys learn how to keep their balls out of their
wives purses. Smile I would be a sad old man without my kids in my life.

I'll stop.. since I'm drinking sailor jerry, coke and bit of malibu rum over ice. drunken

ps. my kids arent embarassed of me, at least yet. I'm rockabilly dammit Smile
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:45 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
ya I think you guys will be the lucky ones when your girls are older as the girls tend to stay close to their folks. If you have boys like I do, their wives somewhat dictate how often you see them.

I am a bastard so I make the calls in our home and have always stayed close to
my mom and dad. I hope the boys learn how to keep their balls out of their
wives purses. Smile I would be a sad old man without my kids in my life.

I'll stop.. since I'm drinking sailor jerry, coke and bit of malibu rum over ice. drunken

ps. my kids arent embarassed of me, at least yet. I'm rockabilly dammit Smile

My kids secretly think I'm cool cause I play in a band and act the fool more often than not, but I do stand out like dogs balls compared to their friends parents hahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 7:39 am

I will say that the bit about being closer to the wife's family is true. I was closer to my mom's side of the family and I'm around my wife's side of the family more often than not which is my mother-in-law's side of the family most of the time. Then again the are a very very close family and a good time is had whenever they get together...HUGE family I might add, I was the 100th member since the mid/late 40's
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 8:16 am

Pistol Pete wrote:
My kids secretly think I'm cool cause I play in a band and act the fool more often than not, but I do stand out like dogs balls compared to their friends parents hahahahahaha

Dammit Pete, that sounds like a description of ME... Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 5:48 pm

update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Dyno_b10

Put this together for a certain old timey feller that loves his boss pedal board
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 6:20 am

That looks cool! Does it have the same Dyno functionality?
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 7:45 am

whoa, for a second there I thought you were Nocturne pedal mods!

I was going to send you my TR-2 to hot rod! hehe cyclops
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 10:08 am

there's no magic to a Boss pedal box, just lest room to install the Dyno Brain circuit
and major metal work. Its 100% a Dyno Brain, just looks like ass. Smile
Getting the 3PDT switch inside was the b$tch as well as securing the lid
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 8:42 pm

The Sinner gets an Updated Red Logo.. nothing epic just cooler in my opinion
update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Sinner10
Back to top Go down
vatansever223

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 5:17 am

Oh yes, keepin score.

business opportunity
website design yorkshire
Back to top Go down
mark t

mark t

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 7:39 am

Soooooooooo.....Jack White........ Question
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:29 am

yep..jack white.
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:36 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
yep..jack white.

YESSSS cheers
Back to top Go down
The Squirrel

The Squirrel

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 11:42 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
yep..jack white.
Pardon my ignorance... but Jack White as in the White Stripes?
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 11:48 am

The Squirrel wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
yep..jack white.

yes sir, jack white as in the white stripes, the raconteurs and the dead weathers
Back to top Go down
The Squirrel

The Squirrel

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 11:51 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
The Squirrel wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
yep..jack white.

yes sir, jack white as in the white stripes, the raconteurs and the dead weathers
That is really awesome! Congrats getting that kind of name using your gear!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 12:04 pm

The Squirrel wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
The Squirrel wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
yep..jack white.

That is really awesome! Congrats getting that kind of name using your gear!

he's "demo'n" it Smile Still waiting on word about it but fingers are crossed.
Brian Setzer has two of these but has yet to share what he thinks about em?
That would mean alot to me, whether or not he has a use for them over his
vintage space echo... He's the reason I started the pursuit of the Nocturne and
the family here at HDVDL pushed it into reality!
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 2:23 pm

Maybe Jack White is gonna go solo for an album or two, and he's got a touch of the 'billy bug from his time with CoCo?!? The Brain will just send him over board and he'll get a record of Bo Diddley inspired but in a Jack White way tunes!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score
Page 25 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next