Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score

Go down 
+53
vatansever223
mark t
scatcatcnut
brian blaut
donpepe
vic
GreasyKidStuff
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
tdub
booty
roland
Budgie
chunkymac
Bear85
Fabdad
pony65k
Spanishdavid
Jon524
gbrand59
kbilly
Sharky
Rickabilly
Andi
Bobby Retro
elvis
matt
christopher
Brett
Hot Rod Girl
halligan
sidelake bob
Bigbassape
ratfink5
Brent
JC
Niblos
Davy Jones
webelvis
Pistol Pete
Twenty Flight Rick
ricky
nietsk
mjcodina
knudi
gretschoholic
Riffs_yeah!
ossi
Guitarmaniac
ruger9
Nikko
jonhope
I'm Incinerator
tvthewiredturtle
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
AuthorMessage
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 2:30 pm

I'm Incinerator wrote:
Maybe Jack White is gonna go solo for an album or two, and he's got a touch of the 'billy bug from his time with CoCo?!? The Brain will just send him over board and he'll get a record of Bo Diddley inspired but in a Jack White way tunes!!

I think he is more inspired by the old south bluesmen but as much has he
tries to say he likes to wrestle old guitars.. he records with a coles ribbon
mic. Those aint cheap
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:22 am

not to mention that the old Kays, Harmonies, and Airlines have given some leeway to Gretsch! There's not too much wrestling going on with all of the Gretches that I've had my hands on.

Microphones are a whole new world for me! I wouldn't know the difference bewtween brands. I'm sure when I get into a new computer I'll get myself a shure SM-57 and SM-58...or a BLUE of some sort to finally lay down some tracks. Ofcourse I gotta get into a decent interface and then use a Brain as a mic pre unless I can find a good tube mic preamp...I suppose I should start off slow and work my way up
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 1:51 pm

did I ever mention this lil studio trick... my kid and I discovered you can plug
a set of stereo headphones into the output of the Brain Seltzer preamp and you
get a nifty little silent practice amp.. you can use a delay but all other effects
actually have to be "in front" of the Nocturne for this application..
I am not saying this was ever designed for this function but it works well for
silent practicing quite nicely..
update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Headph10

the plastic Governor approves of this message
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 2:48 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
did I ever mention this lil studio trick... my kid and I discovered you can plug
a set of stereo headphones into the output of the Brain Seltzer preamp and you
get a nifty little silent practice amp.. you can use a delay but all other effects
actually have to be "in front" of the Nocturne for this application..
I am not saying this was ever designed for this function but it works well for
silent practicing quite nicely..
update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Headph10

the plastic Governor approves of this message

EEETS naught uh tooomuhr! Geeet to dah chahpah!!

I think this was mentioned a while back, I haven't tried it yet.
Back to top Go down
zalick

PostSubject: Nocturne   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 2:13 pm

Hi I am thinking of getting one of these pedals I have gretsch electromatic g5120 fitted with tv jones classic pickups and have fender blues deville with 2 X 12 celeston vintage 30. I live in Cornwall, uk and the last time i bought some valves from the US
I had to pay half as much on import duty and extra shipping in the uk.

is there a way this could be shipped as gift

I cant find an email address to contact the noctune web site direct

many thanks

Pete

pvzalick@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 2:25 pm

zalick wrote:
Hi I am thinking of getting one of these pedals I have gretsch electromatic g5120 fitted with tv jones classic pickups and have fender blues deville with 2 X 12 celeston vintage 30. I live in Cornwall, uk and the last time i bought some valves from the US
I had to pay half as much on import duty and extra shipping in the uk.

is there a way this could be shipped as gift

I cant find an email address to contact the noctune web site direct

many thanks

Pete

pvzalick@hotmail.com

email sent! santa
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: my new brain arrived   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 10:31 am

Got it!

Thanks Tavo.
Great work again.
The Atomic Brain is made exactly for me... Rolling Eyes
The sound is terrific and the design is awesome.
I love this white-sparkle and the ape heads.
I just try it without echo with Blues deluxe at home.
It´s a step forward in evolution compared to the classic brain.
But i like the classic too so i`ll keep it as well.

Last edited by Brett on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistakes: writing in english and having a telephon call doesnt work together)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 12:36 pm

Brett wrote:
Got it!

Thanks Tavo.
Great work again.
The Atomic Brain is made exactly for me... Rolling Eyes
The sound is terrific and the design is awesome.
I love this white-sparkle and the ape heads.
I just try it without echo with Blues deluxe at home.
It´s a step forward in evolution compared to the classic brain.
But i like the classic too so i`ll keep it as well.

I was wonderin when you'd get it, that took forever!! Whats with German
customs man?? insane.. I just sent one to Oz and it got there in 5 days, same
shipping same everything.

btw.. plug your strat into the Brain Seltzer then plug it into the atomic brain
with the bass all theway open and tell me which sounds better... then get your Les Paul and play it in the bridge position and do the same thing..
Atomic Brain kicks dude! Smile
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 12:57 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

I was wonderin when you'd get it, that took forever!! Whats with German
customs man?? insane.. I just sent one to Oz and it got there in 5 days, same
shipping same everything.

btw.. plug your strat into the Brain Seltzer then plug it into the atomic brain
with the bass all theway open and tell me which sounds better... then get your Les Paul and play it in the bridge position and do the same thing..
Atomic Brain kicks dude! Smile

yep, it took a while.
I live outside from Hamburg in the countryside, that means pedal ship from Frankfurt Airport to local customs office 1 and than to local customs-post office 2, and at the end i drive 1 hour for picking up the parcel. This time it sucks...

never mind i`ll try it with all my guitars 2 moro and let you know... Laughing

But know we can say merry x-mas:

only the penguin is still missing
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 1:19 pm

I was so tempted to send you one of those inflatable penguins but then they would
double up on your TSA strip search! Smile

Can wait for your videos, they are my favorite!! German accents rule, rockabilly
seems very official. santa

ps. thanks for sharing the chet, my dad loves him.. I'll pass that along
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 5:37 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I was so tempted to send you one of those inflatable penguins but then they would
double up on your TSA strip search! Smile

I bought a tree today. real one with real snow on it... Wink

edit: and just played the Atomic with my Gretsch, my Strat and my TV Jones Telecaster through my Fender rack.
Wow...the dyno brain sound is fantastic for Gretsch anyway
but with a Strat it´s a weapon! Cool
(And my new neighbour is looking confused)
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 5:09 pm

speakin of penguins.. or falcons ..either way, I did a white gretschy version for
someone that never followed up on their order so I've got
this one with a set of free gretsch knobs on it for $295 sent USPS 2 day express for free
( i build it tonight and ship it in the morning) as well a one off Candy Caddy Green
metallic that has a green border stripe around the base that was left behind..
$225 shipped USPS 2day express ( i build it tonight and ship in the morn)

Merry Xmas
update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 156610_1470217568137_1614563026_1045111_7214265_n
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 7:18 am

those are pretty, alas...I have to wait it out
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:07 pm

okay.. this is the final version.. raw box brushed alum w/ scratches n all and basic decals or simple
bronze n black hammerite... no frills and economic as requested..
(thanks for the help LATS)

$135 w/ free stateside USPS priority insured shipping

here's the picts
update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 168799_1487911010462_1614563026_1087364_3647661_n

update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 164176_1487911290469_1614563026_1087365_5793498_n

will be avail later this afternoon on the website
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:21 pm

man!!! you done did it again...what kind of grease is the 'Billy Brain packing?
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 3:18 pm

I'm Incinerator wrote:

here's the deets

$135 w/ free priority shipping (usps costs me $12 and I'm eating paypal fees $5 from ea sale.)

to explain the differences of the Dyno, Atomic, and Billy... Atomic Brain is a "live" pedal for those that keep their Dyno Brain on and would like a Boost mode or dual settings on the fly for soloing or to jump out of the mix with a band. the Atomic Brain is one preamp with a dual function, so there are not 2 eq circuits playin tag team elbow slams( my explanation of my brain seltzer and billy brain on at the same time).

The Billy Brain is based off the ABBY side of the Atomic but redefined EQ (I had to set Bass cut "on" since there is only a gain control) and the chip in the Billy Brain is different. Yes a full functioning RE301 Space echo is using a dual opamp (JRC4558) but my preamp is only using half of that or a single function and a low power one to boot so that I can goose the hellouta it.. if it gets tooo over the top then more definition needs to come into play and more treble isnt the answer in the Billy so I changed the chip.. it turns this vox 112 into a smoldering crunch box when dimed with filtertrons and crazy twang with 50s style fender pkups (ala tele and strat). The T'armond bridge is my favorite tele pkup because it is twangy but goes crunch crunch with the Atomic Brain and a bit more so with this Billy Brain
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 3:37 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I'm Incinerator wrote:

here's the deets

$135 w/ free priority shipping (usps costs me $12 and I'm eating paypal fees $5 from ea sale.)

to explain the differences of the Dyno, Atomic, and Billy... Atomic Brain is a "live" pedal for those that keep their Dyno Brain on and would like a Boost mode or dual settings on the fly for soloing or to jump out of the mix with a band. the Atomic Brain is one preamp with a dual function, so there are not 2 eq circuits playin tag team elbow slams( my explanation of my brain seltzer and billy brain on at the same time).

The Billy Brain is based off the ABBY side of the Atomic but redefined EQ (I had to set Bass cut "on" since there is only a gain control) and the chip in the Billy Brain is different. Yes a full functioning RE301 Space echo is using a dual opamp (JRC4558) but my preamp is only using half of that or a single function and a low power one to boot so that I can goose the hellouta it.. if it gets tooo over the top then more definition needs to come into play and more treble isnt the answer in the Billy so I changed the chip.. it turns this vox 112 into a smoldering crunch box when dimed with filtertrons and crazy twang with 50s style fender pkups (ala tele and strat). The T'armond bridge is my favorite tele pkup because it is twangy but goes crunch crunch with the Atomic Brain and a bit more so with this Billy Brain

nice, you're killing me with all the new pedals, and then top it off with the whip cream like talk of t-armonds in a tele and the cherry on top with the talk of an AC30 type amp!

my progress of storing "nuts" away for "something blonde" is going great, my target time frame is defintely within shot! I'm not sure if I will lust after an amp for a while after that!!! well, maybe a 6G2 Deluxe or this unobtanium AC30 build...or a vintage blonde bassman!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 3:47 pm

The AC30-Trainwreck build is purely a Rawnster build..just want to say that. I own the Blondeshell
but I will be happy to make one happen.. I cant even begin to tell how how much more amazing
it is than anything vox makes. Dude even used this insane wire that acts like silver wire.
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:32 am

AC30/Trainwreck??? nice nice, sounds like something Brad Paisley would dig. That's sounds like some good stuff.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:24 am

As you can tell I'm not gung ho about amps.. they require too much money and too much
time. The preamp pedals are fun despite all the soldering Smile

Website is back to normal now that Xmas is over.
update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Index_11
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 1:48 pm

I can understand about the amps, but it seems like you have a pretty good concept right now to get Blondeshells into the hands of those who want! I will be happy as a clam when I get my hands on one and a bassman cab with V30's.

The pedals are a go. I can't wait to score an atomic brain, but the billy brain is up there too with it's capability of pushing a blonde into "set phasers to kill" when blonde is on "2" (did I read that right?) cheers
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:12 am

I guess pedals are easier to sell.
Amps costs a lot of money more and people think more about this. Plus transport and customs issues.
I would love to buy a Blonde shell, but no money left.... Sad

But your pedal rocks.
I`m just doing a recording Session (Blues and bluesy Rock)
I`m using 2 Gretsch guitars and a Fender Stratocaster standard. The Atomic Brain is always on, i change only the basscut and the level.
Sounds awesome!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:27 am

Brett wrote:
I guess pedals are easier to sell.
Amps costs a lot of money more and people think more about this. Plus transport and customs issues.
I would love to buy a Blonde shell, but no money left.... Sad

But your pedal rocks.
I`m just doing a recording Session (Blues and bluesy Rock)
I`m using 2 Gretsch guitars and a Fender Stratocaster standard. The Atomic Brain is always on, i change only the basscut and the level.
Sounds awesome!

thats good to hear.. btw if you have a decent volume kit on your master volume
(150K and .001 cap in parallel across the wipers) you can max the level and
totally control it remotely from your master.. its a little touchy toward the
top of the rotation but kinda fun to have it (tone circuit must be bypassed on
SSU/SSLVO type guitar.. I use a push/pull pot 500K w/ a .02 cap.. when its down
the tone circuit is out like the hotrod series) ..did it to my tele with T'armonds too
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:54 am

sounds interesting but honestly i have no idea what kind of potis i use.

BUT i found out working with the master volumen is much better now with the Atomic Brain than with the old (beloved) classic Brain Seltzer.
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:23 am

I still need to hook up my Spectra Sonic with an upgraded harness with volume mod and tone cap value change. Just having a tough time figuring out which components to use...makes the head spin a little
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score   update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

update on the NOCTURNE..those keeping score
Page 26 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next