Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stray Cats: Australia 2009

Go down 
+36
The_Temp
Rickabilly
Hot Rod Girl
donpepe
nietsk
matt
lonesomecat
frenchlmp
Dave
I'm Incinerator
WildCat
chevvy5684
Davy Jones
vman
lisathegreaser.
Aussie_Sam
JC
Setzerado
gretschoholic
sidelake bob
webelvis
tvthewiredturtle
Frenchyfab
echidna
Le Hub'
FrenchyCat
Rocky Mountain Cat
Guitarmaniac
Brett
Cristo
pony65k
ScottS
Kelley
Andi
Pistol Pete
Kid Setzer
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:26 pm

Oh man, I'm revved up already for tomorrow!
The only thing that keeps me going is that I KNOW that the concert WILL be awesome! And being there with great mates to enjoy it as well, what a bonus!
Watch out people, here I come!!
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:28 pm

kelleyM wrote:
gretschoholic, that's a great clip of your band, thanks for sharing!

and tv, what's a tony hawk and guitar hero??? Embarassed is it an album? fillm?
c'mon I really don't know this stuff, sorry

you guys have no idea the crowd I have been hanging with the past 20 years, yech FREAKS!!!! Razz they're gone from my life now, as far as I'm concerned, he he

and yes, I have heard of Motorhead, but never knew the names of the songs or band members

again so sorry I didn't know this

Kid, yep there HAS to be a clip of Brian singing Ace!!! that's got to be a rare treat!!

Kelley

Aww, don't let it get ya down Kelley Very Happy Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero are both computer console games. I'm sure there's a ton of things you know that we don't, so of us (TV Wink ) are more geeky than others Razz In case people think I'm having a go, I'm a total geek/nerd and proud of it Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:31 pm

Pistol Pete wrote:
The only thing that keeps me going is that I KNOW that the concert WILL be awesome! And being there with great mates to enjoy it as well, what a bonus!

Man my heart rate is really racing. I feel like I've had a dozen Red Bulls Shocked I just can't relax and settle myself down!!!! Oh yeah, this will be bigger than big, it'll be HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!

PS - Pete, I've already got the boarding passes printed out for the flight, no queues!!!
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:32 pm

pony65k wrote:
Pistol Pete wrote:

Man my heart rate is really racing. I feel like I've had a dozen Red Bulls Shocked I just can't relax and settle myself down!!!! Oh yeah, this will be bigger than big, it'll be HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!

Hey you, don't let me down! I told you the other night...NO SOFT DRINKS, JUST BEER!! hahaha!!
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:41 pm

Pistol Pete wrote:
Hey you, don't let me down! I told you the other night...NO SOFT DRINKS, JUST BEER!! hahaha!!

I've seen you in action Pete, there's no way known I'm going to try to keep up with you Laughing If I get a chance to meet Slim Jim, Brian and Lee I don't want the first thing I say to them to be BLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAA Shocked I'm a shocking drinker, beer will totally destroy me, spirits however, a different story. I see Jack and Dry on the horizon!!!

Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Beer + Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Beer = Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Puke Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Faint2
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:42 pm

Talk about a great tour, this tour has brought me great karma. I've met new friends, met the Cats and now I gave a friend a pick I caught last Saturday and he just found and gave me an original billboard poster from the Cats '91 tour from the Bridgeway Hotel!
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:45 pm

pony65k wrote:
Pistol Pete wrote:

I've seen you in action Pete, there's no way known I'm going to try to keep up with you Laughing If I get a chance to meet Slim Jim, Brian and Lee I don't want the first thing I say to them to be BLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAA Shocked I'm a shocking drinker, beer will totally destroy me, spirits however, a different story. I see Jack and Dry on the horizon!!!

Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Beer + Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Beer = Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Puke Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Faint2

Hey Rene I go hard, not fast, I'm in for the long haul! I think an allnighter is on the horizon!
NO feeling sick for me, especially since I found out I gotta get up 5 30 on Tuesday for work!
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 5:37 pm

Hey everybody. I'm signing off until Tuesday when I get back to work. Have a great weekend everybody, I hope to be back on Tuesday with pics, stories and yes Rocky Mountain Cat, the setlist. I've made a template of a bunch of songs, so all I got to do is put a number next to each songs they play.

Catch ya on Tuesday, I'm outta here Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Shifter

René-a-pony
Back to top Go down
Aussie_Sam

Aussie_Sam

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 7:19 pm

Come on down my friends, come on down.....Can't wait to see you guys.
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 7:35 pm

Aussie_Sam wrote:
Come on down my friends, come on down.....Can't wait to see you guys.

Long neck Changs at the Itty Bitty Bar on cnr of Brunswick and Kerr?
Back to top Go down
Aussie_Sam

Aussie_Sam

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 8:17 pm

Great choice Pete, I'll be there...
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 8:40 pm

Last edited by Kelley on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 8:55 pm

Aussie_Sam wrote:
Great choice Pete, I'll be there...

OK, first round on me. And a round of Glenlivet for TV!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:36 pm

In a word, Brisbane was amazing! Unfortunately I'm using my sister in law's very slow internet connection and I've only got a few minutes so I can't share any photos or setlists or anything at the moment but do have lots of stuff and will be able to post more when I get home from Melbourne (!!!!!!!!) on Monday.

Some quick notes:

-both nights I was second row. The first night Brian looked at me with surprise and pointed, like "hey! I know you!" The second night Kid and I were together and I tried to holler "Kid Setzer is in the house!" and point her out but I don't think Brian heard me Wink

-Ace of Spades was short but AWESOME. Brian even had the metal god stance going on.

-The crowd the first night was pretty sedate but by the end of the show the Cats had them in a frenzy as usual.

-The second night the band and the crowd was on fire from the word go. The guys lost their jackets within the first couple tunes and blistered their way through their set - and all their songs were perfection.

-No really. At the end of Fishnet Stockings Brian said, "that was the best one of the whole tour." At the end of one of the encore songs (can't remember which at the moment) and before going into the next tune, he brought the guys over to him and shook their hands and hugged them and then said, "we play these songs every night- but when they're that good you have to shake their hands!"

- The second night they only did one encore but it was four songs long. I don't think they wanted to get off stage!

-THEY PLAYED SWEET LOVE ON MY MIND!!!!!!!!

Thank you guys, for an incredible two nights. My voice is shot from screaming, I can hardly walk from all the dancing and jumping up and down, and I couldn't be happier.

Let's do it all again tomorrow in Melbourne- see you there!!!
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:10 pm

I love reading these posts!!! I've seen SC and different Setzer formations several times and I know what you're getting!
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:43 pm

andi wrote:
The second night Kid and I were together and I tried to holler "Kid Setzer is in the house!" and point her out but I don't think Brian heard me Wink

Haha and it was so embarrassing! However, had Brian actually heard you say that and said my name I think you would be my best friend for life! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 3:54 am

wish Brian would have met Kid in person, would have been a real treat,
maybe tomorrow?
who knows

sunny

Kelley

Last edited by Kelley on Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 4:00 am

Can't imagine what you would have written if your internet connection would have been greater, Andi!! ;-)
Back to top Go down
Aussie_Sam

Aussie_Sam

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 2:51 pm

Review of March 1st concert plus more...
Where do I start? The night was sensational and so was the day. Brian and the Cat's tore the house down AGAIN! The place was sold out and packed to the rafters for the fourth time. Couldnt believe it when Brian played Guitar Rag, the place went nuts! All the classics were played and Brian had us all shouting along. One of the roadies dressed as a giant Kangaroo made a few appearances throughout the night lol. Brian had a good laugh. The night had a slight bit of sadness attached to it for me because the tour was ending and Brian was leaving us. BUT as I reflect on the last couple of weeks I find myself thanking God that ALL my dreams came true, everything I've wanted to do for the last 25 years came true..I still pinch myself and say "WOW" "Did all this really happen?" Thank you Brian and Julie for making me and Caroline the happiest people in the universe, love you from the bottom of our hearts.
The day leading up to the concert was fantastic, I spent it with the most wonderful people you could ever meet, Pickin Pete, Andi, Rene and his lovely wife. Thank God for this forum and the friends i have made because of it. Pickin Pete is beyond words, the man is amazing, he was in my hometown and he was hosting me!!! Such a generous, great guy, best you could ever meet, thank you Pete. The beautiful Andi is a doll, it was a pleasure to meet you, thanks for the great pic's and cool stories, love to do it all again, us Aussies are lucky to have you xxoo. Rene and, sorry if I spell it wrong Arnu. Thanks for coming down and sharing the special night together, you two are are awsome...Arnu, remember to carry ID with you next time lol, I saw you freez when the guy asked you for it hahaha. Im 37 you told him and with a look of "im sorry" he let you in, priceless...thanks again guys.
Plenty of pics were taken and I'll leave it to the experts to post them.

Thanks again
Too Hip Gotta Go - back to work..
Sam.

Last edited by Aussie_Sam on Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:33 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 3:31 pm

Hey Aussie Sam, thanks for sharing all that.
one question, what songs did they play for the encores??
Something "new"???

Ta!
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 5:12 pm

Last edited by Kelley on Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 6:27 pm

I'm in an internet cafe in Brisbane, killing 4.5 hours till I can catch my train home. Oh my everlovin' god. What a night.

I don't have the setlist on me at the moment Jon (nice to see you finally post a pic, by the way). but the standout new song in the encore was Built For Speed. And, they did Sweet Love On My Mind again! Have I mentioned how much I love these boys?

I'll have to compose my thoughts about the rest of the night before blathering endlessly like an idiot. This internet cafe terminal doesn't have the ability to upload photos so that'll have to wait till late tonight or tomorrow.

Pete, Pony, Arnu, Sam - ya'll are priceless. What a great way to blow a wad of cash!!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 6:44 pm

note to self- just remembered they did Ubangi Stomp last night. I think when Pete and I were recreating the setlist we might have forgotten they did that. Will go over it in more detail later. Pretty sure I now know all the songs from last night but not necessarily the correct order. Sorry RMC.
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 7:04 pm

andi wrote:
note to self- just remembered they did Ubangi Stomp last night. I think when Pete and I were recreating the setlist we might have forgotten they did that. Will go over it in more detail later. Pretty sure I now know all the songs from last night but not necessarily the correct order. Sorry RMC.

Sounds like another great night!

Thanks for all of your updates and efforts capturing the setlists.

Andi, Pete, and Sam - you are the best! You're not so bad either, Rene....
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 8:03 pm

Smile

Last edited by Kelley on Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats: Australia 2009   Stray Cats: Australia 2009 - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stray Cats: Australia 2009
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next