Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!!

Go down 
+5
donpepe
johnnykool327
Kelley
Rickabilly
Andi
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!!   CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:08 pm

CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!! Bs-nashvillians-2009-banner

Congrats all my California friends!!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!!   CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:11 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!!   CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 3:25 am

Does it means that former BSO drummer, Bernie Dresel, will be back with Brian?? YEEEEAAAAHHHHAAAA!
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!!   CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 11:50 am

A BSO tour, A Stray Cats tour, one-off Stray Cats and Nashvillains shows! Talk about your nine lives... (Or is it '09 Lives?)

What's next? A Paine Brothers Tour? A Radiation Ranch reunion? Setzer unplugged?

If there's any time left to put together an album with one or more of these entities (Nashvillains, BSO, Stray Cats) - then 2009 will be a pretty rockin' year in Setzerville.

Ya see, SoCals? I told ya he'd be back. OK, it's not Stray Cats, but when you figure the Nashvillains have only performed three times in the US (Anaheim, Minneapolis, San Francisco) this may be THE show of the year.

They took my Blue Suede Shoes...a-billy
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!!   CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 5:13 pm

you don't like the Nashvillians Rick? I love that music
right now I'm kind of listening to Red Hot and live, it's great
Peroxide Blonde is a song that I didn't think I would like for some reason but I do

but yes, I think Brian likes the SoCal area, I know I do! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!!   CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 9:43 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure in my post I gave the impression I didn't like the Nashvillains. Are you smokin' volcanic ash, Tiger Beat? Of course I don't like the Nashvillains.

I freakin' LOVE the Nashvillains!

The Nashvillains are far and away my favorite of Brian's various musical projects over the years. The keyboards, Bernie Dresel, Mark Dubya or The Crusher on bass... it does NOT get any better than that. There is something magical about Stray Cats, but in terms of sheer musicianship, top to bottom, the Nashvillains cannot be surpassed. Of course Brian worked with some legendary musicians on The Knife Feels Like Justice, but that album and tour was a one-off alliance, not to mention different musicians were brought in on different tracks on Knife.

I am thrilled the Nashvillains will be performing in 2009. I live in hope there's another album on the way.

I know Stray Cats fever is a-ragin', especially with the Aussie tours and the Minneapolis show coming up. But the Nashvillains show is fantastic news.

Nashville-a-billy
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!!   CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 11:31 pm

Rick,

Jenny and I are looking for a vacation spot. Do you think there would be any LNK/MSP to SNA flight deals? I mean, everything is considered an investment as long as we can sweat off whatever we eat by dancing our asses off, right?

Holy cow, I would give 3 of my shoes to get to California for this show. If it would be anything like the performance at Lee's Liquor Lounge a few years ago, the price of the travel would be well worth it.

See you in just a little less than 2 months.

BK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!!   CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 2:21 am

IMHO Nashvillains was a bit better than SC's last gig.
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!!   CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 4:30 am

Okay, so Rickabilly, other than that, you really don't like the Nashvillans? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The Other Rick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!!   CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 5:25 am

Any of you guys, who have the chance of seeing the Nashvillians live... go and catch them, honestly!! When I saw them in Paris back in 2005 the band really rocked the hall and Brian did enjoy himself playing all those songs!

PS - Bernie Dresel, we want you back!!!
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!!   CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:13 am

Paris gig in 2005 was absolutely wild & rock ! One of the best I've ever seen in my life.
Back to top Go down
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!!   CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:59 am

New Year's Eve, 2005 - Anaheim House Of Blues:

CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!! 200512-31-05ANAHEIMHOBNASHVILLAI-9

CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!! 200512-31-05ANAHEIMHOBNASHVILLAINS_

CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!! 200512-31-05ANAHEIMHOBNASHVILLAI-8

CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!! 200512-31-05ANAHEIMHOBNASHVILLAI-5

CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!! 200512-31-05ANAHEIMHOBNASHVILLAI-10
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!!   CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 9:26 am

love that last pic Gloria, lol

thank you for sharing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!!   CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 3:00 pm

Choochoohothub wrote:
Paris gig in 2005 was absolutely wild & rock ! One of the best I've ever seen in my life.

I agree: wild, fantastic, loud, unforgettable... and the Slaptones as support band I love you

Nice memories...

FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!!   CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 3:43 pm

Geez,
I was trying to upload a few pictures from the Paris gig, I was at the front row, just opposite Brian but seems that this is not working properly... dammit!!

Anyway... there's a live recording of that show and it smokes!! Probably the best show of the tour, and as Don Pepe from Finland says, much better gig that the Stray Cats' the year before (2004)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!!   CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CALIFORNIA NASHVILLAINS SHOW!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1