Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show???

Go down 
+7
Sharky
Spanishdavid
ldr1111
Rocky Mountain Cat
Scatman
Andi
Gloria
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Gloria

Gloria

Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Empty
PostSubject: Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show???   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 3:19 pm

Per Ticketmaster, it looks like Brian/Nashvillains are playing a show with Chris Isaak at the Ironstone Amphitheatre at Ironstone Vineyards in Murphys, Ca on September 6, 2009. I haven't heard anything about this show. I just stumbled upon it while looking for Brian Setzer tickets on Ticketmaster. I saw Chris Isaak a couple of years ago and thought he and Brian would be a great double bill. For anyone wanting to look into this, below is the Ticketmaster link. Looks like there is some kind of password you need to get presale tickets, but I didn't look at it that closely.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Chris-Isaak-tickets/artist/735342
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show???   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 3:27 pm

Oh. My. Gosh. Talk about a fan-frigging-tastic 36th birthday present (it's actually on the 10th, but close enough). Mark my words, I WILL BE THERE.

Gloria, THANK YOU!!!!
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show???   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 4:44 pm

Oh how cool is that!!

If my hunch is correct, Isaak's band Silvertone opened for the Stray Cats at the Old Waldorf on Sept. 4, 1981. Imagine that! One day after the Cats' L.A. debut and one week before their first Japanese tour......................

I know that Chris has joined Setzer onstage a couple of times with the BSO, but I'd have to dig deep for more info on that.

Ooby Dooby!
Scatman
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show???   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:47 pm

Scatman wrote:
Oh how cool is that!!

If my hunch is correct, Isaak's band Silvertone opened for the Stray Cats at the Old Waldorf on Sept. 4, 1981. Imagine that! One day after the Cats' L.A. debut and one week before their first Japanese tour......................

I know that Chris has joined Setzer onstage a couple of times with the BSO, but I'd have to dig deep for more info on that.

Ooby Dooby!
Scatman

One time was at Bimbo's 365 Club on Columbus in San Francisco on August 20, 1994.
Isaak opened and joined the BSO on Your True Love.

By the way, Murphys is a very cool little gold-rush town in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains. This is going to be a great show in a great place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show???   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 12:33 am

There was also a private benefit on May 22, 2001 at Chelsea Pier in NYC that was hosted by Chris Isaak.

I don't know if Isaak performed, but the 68 Comeback Special was joined by Little Steven Van Zant during Mystery Train.
Back to top Go down
ldr1111

PostSubject: Brian and Chris   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:14 am

Tix go onsale May 8 affraid
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show???   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 3:17 am

Yes, at 10am Pacific, which is 3am where I am at the moment... but that won't stop me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show???   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 7:27 am

YES! briansetzer.com confirms it and also mentions the possibility of a fan presale. This may be the best concert I'll ever see in my life.
Back to top Go down
ldr1111

PostSubject: CHRIS AND BRIAN ON SEPT 6   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 7:43 am

LABOR DAY WEKEND.. KILLER VENUE..
GREAT SHOW!!
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show???   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 8:10 am

Andi wrote:
This may be the best concert I'll ever see in my life.

while this show will be great.... it would be way better Stray Cats + Chris Isaak. (to me)

But yeah, we can´t have it all....
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show???   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 8:45 am

Just remembered of this one:

Chris Isaak
Scotty Moore
DJ Fontana
Lee Rocker

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show???   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 1:29 pm

Thanks for sharing that David. I like the lighting on Chris but it's a shame everyone else is in shadow!

Looks like that would've been a fantastic show to see in its entirety.
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show???   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:09 pm

It´s been released on VHD, CD and DVD.... it´s not hard to find. It´s a Tribute to Elvis, and there are lots of guests.... some of them are lame... but some are great. Some of them would never be in my "dream Tribute to Elvis":

1. Lawdy Miss Clawdy -- Travis Tritt
2. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear -- Tanya Tucker
3. Mystery Train -- Dwight Yoakam
4. Love Me -- The Mavericks
5. Burning Love -- Melissa Etheridge
6. Baby, Let's Play House -- Michael Hutchence & NRBQ
7. Young And Beautiful -- Aaron Neville
8. Don't Be Cruel (To A Heart That's True) -- Marty Stuart
9. One Night -- Billy Ray Cyrus
10. Blue Moon -- Chris Isaak
11. Jailhouse Rock -- Michael Bolton & Carl Perkins
12. Trying to Get to You -- Faith Hill
13. Hound Dog -- Bryan Adams
14. It's Now Or Never -- Wet Wet Wet
15. Love Me Tender -- Tony Bennett

Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Cd_nowornevertribute

It´s actually and old recording.... just look at Lee´s hair and you´ll figure out it´s from the 90´s
Back to top Go down
Sharky

Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show???   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 8:40 pm

Wouldn't that be a great tour !?!?!?!?!

Wish there were more than one show of this . . .
Back to top Go down
http://www.jerrylinger.com
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show???   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:48 pm

I hope he is playing somewhere in california, people WANT to go.. Freakin Murphys,CA.???
Thats like 50 miles east of oakland in nowhereville right?. ..its like where Folsom Prison would be if San Andreas Fault wasnt going
across Murphys California.... 8hr drive from LA/OC area (maybe 7hrs at night if you dont hit an escapee from Folsom) Twisted Evil

Bitching aside, they must be traveling somewhere closer to SF or maybe
Bakersfield? anyone, anyone? Setzer and Chris Isaak, what a cool ass bill. Love to see this become a traveling gig...
Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Bs-ci-show

Last edited by tvthewiredturtle on Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
ldr1111

PostSubject: Isaak / Setzer   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:51 pm

It is the only show this year that will feature the 2. Ironstone is a great place for a SHOW... its labor day weekend... short trip from LA...
killer mellow place....
worth it.. been there numerous times.. always have great co-bills
Back to top Go down
crazy mixed up kid

crazy mixed up kid

PostSubject: Re: Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show???   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:15 pm

Hey TV you seem to know a lot about this venue......

I am really considering coming over from the UK for this one, but I'm still getting over a cancelled Christmas gig when I visited New York at the Westbury Music fair when it snowed.
Is this an out door venue?......and do you know the long range weather forecast for September? I'm telling you I'm like an Albetros to concerts.....beware everyone if I buy tickets...!

CMUK
Back to top Go down
ldr1111

PostSubject: Isaak/Setzer   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:20 pm

Weather will be perfect.. the weather there changes in OCT.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show???   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:28 pm

crazy mixed up kid wrote:
Hey TV you seem to know a lot about this venue......

I am really considering coming over from the UK for this one, but I'm still getting over a cancelled Christmas gig when I visited New York at the Westbury Music fair when it snowed.
Is this an out door venue?......and do you know the long range weather forecast for September? I'm telling you I'm like an Albetros to concerts.....beware everyone if I buy tickets...!

CMUK

our weather couldnt possibly stifle anybody but another southern californian... I had a paradigm shift last summer while in nashville
and the hand of Thor came down on the town of franklin. I almost
crapped and had a heart attack at the thunder, lightening and rain
storms of the south.
We dont have weather problems...but beware of Giant earthquakes
along the san andreas fault.. silent
Back to top Go down
Z

PostSubject: Nashvillains and Chris Isaak   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:27 pm

Yeah this venue totally rocks. Great setting. Beautiful and the weather is great that time of year. They just announced their 2009 line up. Go to http://www.ironstonevineyards.com/concert_2009/index.html to check it out.
Back to top Go down
badkitty

badkitty

PostSubject: Re: Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show???   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:31 pm

September, October & often most of November are usually very warm to downright stinkin' HOT in SoCal; it ruins autumn for me every year. Sad
Back to top Go down
crazy mixed up kid

crazy mixed up kid

PostSubject: Re: Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show???   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 2:18 pm

Thanks Guys......I've just had a look at that venue from Z links.....it looks lovely.

Are you sure its a rock venue?......with all that green around it looks as though I should be playing cricket & then after a splendid game spend the afternoon on the lawns entertaining the Vicar with Tuna & cucumber sandwiches.

CMUK
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show???   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 2:25 pm

crazy mixed up kid wrote:
Thanks Guys......I've just had a look at that venue from Z links.....it looks lovely.

Are you sure its a rock venue?......with all that green around it looks as though I should be playing cricket & then after a splendid game spend the afternoon on the lawns entertaining the Vicar with Tuna & cucumber sandwiches.

CMUK

as long as you wear your tommy hilfiger slacks and ralph lauren
polo sweater, you blend fine with the cork sniffing aristocracy...
or perhaps you'll be mistaken for potsy weber... king
Back to top Go down
ldr1111

PostSubject: Ironstone   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 2:27 pm

The crowd is mellow and cool as is the vibe at the venue.. no $20 parking or any of that crap.. been to many shows there.. incl Skynyrd, Steve Miller, Steelly DAn and Thorogood... place rocks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show???   Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nashvillains and Chris Isaak show???
Page 1 of 1