Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

King Guitars, What the......???

Go down 
+8
Diggey
Bigbassape
webelvis
ossi
nietsk
Brett
Andi
pony65k
12 posters
AuthorMessage
pony65k

pony65k

King Guitars, What the......??? Empty
PostSubject: King Guitars, What the......???   King Guitars, What the......??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:31 pm

I just noticed that the makers of the brilliant King Doublebass is now making Hollow and Solid body guitars. They Hollowbodies look cool, a mix of an SG and Gretsch with what seems to be all the good things in life. They will also custom paint the guitars like they do the basses. When did this all happen?

TV , I'm sure you've had a play, what are they like and what's the pricing??

King Guitars, What the......??? L_6e76a6f5a69af0560287330857b3d58b

King Guitars, What the......??? L_656e7c81c0978af09fd7c600361b1695

King Guitars, What the......??? L_255c863b22c7bdf61fec20b6e78fedf5

King Guitars, What the......??? L_bb14ea84fde7204acf627bda6fb8ce4f

King Guitars, What the......??? L_e43ba5ba5cc22b4d52df70067835fab8
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: King Guitars, What the......???   King Guitars, What the......??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:38 pm

Funky! Can't decide if I like the pointy cutaways on the hollowbodies or not. Kinda looks perfect for rockabilly heavy metal!

BTW, there's a couple other pics in their MySpace albums of Brophy Dale from Lee Rocker's band with a King guitar.
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: King Guitars, What the......???   King Guitars, What the......??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:14 pm

Brophy Dale is playing this T-Style guitar.
You can see it on the cover of his album.

Sounds good.
But i guess the price is high.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
nietsk

PostSubject: Re: King Guitars, What the......???   King Guitars, What the......??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 9:25 am

Last year when Brophy Dale was in the Netherlands on tour with Lee, he let me play that guitar..
Back to top Go down
ossi

ossi

PostSubject: Re: King Guitars, What the......???   King Guitars, What the......??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:57 am

Them f-holes look sweet.

Dunno how they sound (hollowbodys) or whats the pricetag.

The double cutaway might be perty handy up the neck.
Back to top Go down
http://howlinboozers.com
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: King Guitars, What the......???   King Guitars, What the......??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:09 pm

Those are TV-Jones Pickups, arent they?
Anyway, here is a Video of one of those King Guitars (with Lee Rocker playing Bass!)

I do still prefer the venetian cutaway, but those axes got an awesome Sound!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: King Guitars, What the......???   King Guitars, What the......??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:42 pm

some total legend wrote:

King Guitars, What the......??? L_6e76a6f5a69af0560287330857b3d58b

I just found out from Brad via the King Guitar's Myspace page, they have an Orange Sparkle Hollowbody like in the pic for sale for $2500 USD. It's one of the early run of guitars they did, with TV Jones, Bigsby etc.

René-a-pony
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Bigbassape

Bigbassape

PostSubject: Re: King Guitars, What the......???   King Guitars, What the......??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 4:35 pm

that's Jesse Dayton (ex- Road Kings) on guitar in that video, he's no slouch, and yes the king guitars are awesome!

g
Back to top Go down
Diggey

Diggey

PostSubject: Re: King Guitars, What the......???   King Guitars, What the......??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:54 pm

anyone know if that bridge is pinned?
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: King Guitars, What the......???   King Guitars, What the......??? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:29 am

That pict of the double cutaway has been on the net for over a year, I think I posted it here 2 namm shows ago (somehow it gives me the creeps and I love old SGs)..but this yrs namm show only had these funky simpletons
King Guitars, What the......??? L_bb14ea84fde7204acf627bda6fb8ce4f
Along with the ones in the pict of my son watching a bass demo at the king booth, shortly after I heard a demo with some dude jammin with
Spazz on the upright.
King Guitars, What the......??? Dscf2310
hmm...I'm stickin with gretsch when it comes to the billy boxes..

saw brophy at the show too over at gretsch..
King Guitars, What the......??? Dscf2311
Brophy's "custom" tele is very nice (he uses a Zvex super hard-on booster with it) but in the world of telecasters, there a tons of good builders and a slew of really really great options.
If you have heard of Don Mare pickups, glendale bridges, or callaham hardware..we should start a tele post.
I'm building a tele with a set of tvjones classics, a g.e. smith half bridge with an ebony fretboard strat neck using one of those new "road worn" alder bodies shot in nitro. (fun to come)

King Double bass is good for double bass guits no doubt... king

ps. I like Brophy's other "tele" a bit better, the fender custom shop built by chris fleming with bigsby and tvjones, sounds awesome with
his tophat ambassador and super deluxe
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: King Guitars, What the......???   King Guitars, What the......??? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 3:43 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Along with the ones in the pict of my son watching a bass demo at the king booth, shortly after I heard a demo with some dude jammin with
Spazz on the upright.

King Guitars, What the......??? Dscf2310
*Squeal!*

That dude is Mikey "Chops" Laconte. Formerly of Slick Pelt. He currently plays with Barry Ryan from the Rockats in the Rockabilly Express (and knowing Chops, probably multiple other projects I *don't* know about LOL).

He's a great person.

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: King Guitars, What the......???   King Guitars, What the......??? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:44 am

Glendale bridges and saddles turn an average tele into awesome. I have one of his bridges and brass saddles on my AM deluxe series tele and that thing was pretty good before (well, the best off-the-shelf tele I played at local shops) to an alive and twanging machine. It seems the guitar "breathes" better than it did with the heavy bridge and 6 steel saddles

I want to try some Don Mare pickups, or Fred Stuart pickups in there someday. I have a set of Harmonic Design vintage plus now, and they are worlds better than the vintage noiseless that came in the tele.

Right now, I'm more focused on my Spectra Sonic and getting that running great. I got the pickups adjust to TV Jones spec a few weeks ago and it really sounds great. I need to get the volume bleed mod in there and change the tone cap.

to keep this post on topic...I do dig the flat black and red king that Lee Rocker plays...it'd be awesome to have a big Gretsch Hollow in that color scheme with black TV Jones P'tron style pickups.
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: King Guitars, What the......???   King Guitars, What the......??? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:36 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
...we should start a tele post.

Hey TV, you should have a look at this beast, guess you like it:

King Guitars, What the......??? Gretchecasterzn9
King Guitars, What the......??? W600

King Guitars, What the......??? Teletschbi1
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: King Guitars, What the......???   King Guitars, What the......??? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:51 am

that guitar is tops! Is that a spruce top I spy on that thing?
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: King Guitars, What the......???   King Guitars, What the......??? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:08 pm

webelvis wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

aha... thats been around a while and incredible! Paul Waller is the builder and that guitar is built from Benedetto materials for the NAMM show a few yrs back, they did several of them and they were around $8K each.
..hand carved solid spruce top, carved maple back and sides, no plywood, TV Jones Classics for pickups

Paul is one of the best the fender custom shop has and yet has not been given the well deserved title of Master Builder. He's my good friends son in law from Temecula (sunkidd on this forum).
He took my american standard strat and redid the frets, each one is like a piece of friggin
jewelry. I have fallen in love with my ol' strat again.

check his site :
http://www.wallerguitars.com/

more picts of this guitar:
King Guitars, What the......??? Headst10

King Guitars, What the......??? Paul_s10

King Guitars, What the......??? Telegr10

King Guitars, What the......??? GretschTele
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: King Guitars, What the......???   King Guitars, What the......??? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 1:19 pm

webelvis wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Fender needs more of those out there. looks like a fun guitar
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: King Guitars, What the......???   King Guitars, What the......??? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 1:33 pm

WildCat wrote:

*Squeal!*

That dude is Mikey "Chops" Laconte. Formerly of Slick Pelt. He currently plays with Barry Ryan from the Rockats in the Rockabilly Express (and knowing Chops, probably multiple other projects I *don't* know about LOL).

He's a great person.

cat

Since the thread is already being derailed; The Rockats played in Norway last summer, with Chops on bass and Eddie Everett on drums (and of course Dibbs and Barry), and they did one helluva show! And they're the nicest guys. Chops was a little worried about the bass that was being provided, but a friend of mine let him borrow his beautiful, brand new King. And he played GOOD! Very Happy

The Rockats on stage

Me posing backstage with Barry and Chops

Anders
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King Guitars, What the......???   King Guitars, What the......??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King Guitars, What the......???
Page 1 of 1