Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final

Go down 
+2
Andi
pony65k
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pony65k

pony65k

March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final Empty
PostSubject: March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final   March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:57 pm

Hey everybody.

In no particular order except for the encores, here's the setlist:

Rumble in Brighton
Seven Nights to Rock
Guitar Rag
Cry Baby (Brian & Lee)
Lust ‘N' Love
Stray Cat Strut (Kangaroo Strut)
Runaway Boys
(She’s) Sexy + 17
Gene and Eddie
Gina
Sleepwalk
Too Hip, Gotta Go
Sweet Gene Vincent
Blast Off
My Baby Left Me (with Lee on vocals)
Fishnet Stockings
Rock This Town

Encore 1

Rockabilly Rules
Built For Speed
Ubangi Stomp

Encore 2

Rev It Up & Go
Sweet Love On My Mind
Please Don't Touch

There were no guests. During one song in the encore (sorry, I don't remember which one) Brian played slide guitar with a beer bottle. Andi, Pete & Sam, help me out, which song was it in? I'll do a review later, but suffice to say, this was the most incredible night of my rockin' life. Today's going to be a slooooow day.

Regards,

The sleepy Pony Sleep

Last edited by pony65k on Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k

PostSubject: Re: March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final   March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:27 pm

Hey, what a nice set list!!
The slide goes great with Ubangi Stomp!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final   March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:02 pm

Hey Pony! I was just working on setlists for the shows I saw. This is what I have for the order and list for Melb:

03-01-09 ~ Stray Cats ~ The Forum ~ Melbourne, Australia:
Rumble in Brighton
Seven Nights to Rock
Too Hip, Gotta Go
Rev It Up & Go
Cry Baby
Stray Cat Strut (introduced as "Kangaroo Strut")
Lust N Love
Runaway Boys
(She's) Sexy + 17
Guitar Rag (Cannonball Rag?)
Sleepwalk
Gene & Eddie
Gina
Sweet Gene Vincent
My Baby Left Me (Lee on vocals)
Blast Off
Fishnet Stockings
Rock This Town

First Encore:
Rockabilly Rules OK
Built For Speed (VB beer bottle solo)
Ubangi Stomp

Second Encore:
Sweet Love On My Mind
Please Don't Touch

I specifically remember "Kangaroo Strut" coming before Lust N Love because of the roadie dressed as Skippy coming out after Cry Baby. Then someone came out and chased the kangaroo off stage with a cricket bat and Brian laughed and said, "I'm speechless! I guess that means it's time for Kangaroo Strut. I don't know what else it could mean!" The VB beer bottle solo was during Built For Speed- I have pics to upload shortly. Pete told me the instrumental rag was called "Cannonball Rag" so I'm not sure what the heck to call it Wink Rene, are you certain about Rev It Up being an encore song?
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final   March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:15 pm

What a final !!
Ubangi Stomp and Built For Speed on the same encore !!
Glad to see you have enjoyed your dates.

(Next farewell... Japan or US ?) affraid
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final   March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:22 pm

andi wrote:
Rene, are you certain about Rev It Up being an encore song?

Andi!!! cheers Not really Andi. That side of things seems like a blur. I couldn't remember the encores going that long and I thought the top list of songs seemed short before the "Kangaroo" Strut. I trust you on this one. Glad you got back ok, seems like you had a long day of travelling.

Take care.

René cheers

BTW, you didn't happen to get a snap of me when Brian was talking to me did you?
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final   March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:25 pm

Going through my pics now, hang on!
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final   March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 4:26 pm

What teamwork!

Thanks for keeping track of all of this Rene and Andi - and everyone else who posted updates. What a great tour. Time to watch Rumble In Brixton again....
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com

PostSubject: Re: March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final   March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 4:23 pm

Now that it seems that a live album has been taped for this show, I regret that Bring It Back hasn't been included, specially because the Cats released Rumble in Brixton and Lee was singin' that song too :-( In any case, the fact that a live album by the Cats is always a pleasure, and we also have new songs like Cry Baby, Lust N Love, Sweet Gine Vincent, Built For Speed & Rockabilly Rules!
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final   March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 4:40 pm

JonPascual wrote:
Now that it seems that a live album has been taped for this show, I regret that Bring It Back hasn't been included, specially because the Cats released Rumble in Brixton and Lee was singin' that song too :-( In any case, the fact that a live album by the Cats is always a pleasure, and we also have new songs like Cry Baby, Lust N Love, Sweet Gine Vincent, Built For Speed & Rockabilly Rules!

Hopefully it was recorded for a future release, but I wouldn't bet my house on it. Bring it Back Again with Lee on vocals was brilliant in Adelaide, but, Lee singing My Baby Left Me was equally as brilliant. Two different songs yes, but Lee's voice is brilliant on everything he sings.

Live in Australia, wow Shocked That would be an incredible end to an incredible tour.

Fingers crossed!!!

Crampin'-a-pony
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final   March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 5:17 pm

I can't put my finger on it either way too, but it'd be great to have another live release.

About Lee, what can I say?
I think he has improved in everything all throughout the years: the looks, the playing and most remarkable, his voice.
I think it was a good idea to make that duet on Cry Baby like kind of Choo Choo Hot Fish with Dave Edmunds and later on, letting him singing Bring it Back Again. It suits him fine!
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final   March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 6:33 am

I like the way Lee sings Bring it back again. There are some cool videos of him playing it with his band. A Live record from Australia would be awsome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN

PostSubject: Re: March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final   March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:03 am

Thanks for these up-dates guy"s!.

Brings back some great memories!.

king
Back to top Go down
http://www.hankgarland.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final   March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

March 1st Melbourne Setlist - The Final
Page 1 of 1