Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rockabilly Rules, OK?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

Rockabilly Rules, OK? Empty
PostSubject: Rockabilly Rules, OK?   Rockabilly Rules, OK? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:43 pm

Ya'll remember when I posted this little bit of fiction back in January?
https://hoodoovoodoolounge.darkbb.com/all-things-setzer-f1/setzer-fiction-t498.htm#5584

Something about this story has been playing heavily in the back of my mind ever since Melbourne, and today I finally figured it out. "Rockabilly Rules" plays a big part in my little fiction. During the Australian tour, Stray Cats played that song on the 20th in Melb, the 26th in Bris, and the 1st in Melb.

I just checked RMC's setlist archive - prior to Australia, they hadn't played that tune in 20 years.

Do you think......?

Naaahh!

sunny
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Rockabilly Rules, OK?   Rockabilly Rules, OK? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:46 pm

I think you and Brian must have some sort of a mental link running over the airwaves, what do you think? Hey, if it was me I'd take the credit Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Rockabilly Rules, OK?   Rockabilly Rules, OK? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 8:37 am

Heya,
that song, Rockabilly Rules, was actually played during the Scandinavian shows (Helsinki, Stockholm and Copenhaguen) - I don't know the reason why the set lists were not correct in briansetzer.com...
I do have the live song played in Copenhagen and a friend from Helsinki told me that he flipped when the Cats performed this song.

In any case, it's great they had that song back; however, I missed My One Desire & Ubangi Stomp very much, together with some other great tunes like Cross Of Love, Little Miss Prissy, I won't Stand In Your Way... blah blah blah.
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: Rockabilly Rules, OK?   Rockabilly Rules, OK? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:35 am

JonPascual wrote:
Heya,
that song, Rockabilly Rules, was actually played during the Scandinavian shows (Helsinki, Stockholm and Copenhaguen) - I don't know the reason why the set lists were not correct in briansetzer.com...
I do have the live song played in Copenhagen and a friend from Helsinki told me that he flipped when the Cats performed this song.

In any case, it's great they had that song back; however, I missed My One Desire & Ubangi Stomp very much, together with some other great tunes like Cross Of Love, Little Miss Prissy, I won't Stand In Your Way... blah blah blah.

Oops!

Forgot to fix those shows in the Archive. Thanks for the reminder JP!
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Rockabilly Rules, OK?   Rockabilly Rules, OK? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:47 pm

JonPascual wrote:
that song, Rockabilly Rules, was actually played during the Scandinavian shows

Oh well. Fun thought while it lasted!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rockabilly Rules, OK?   Rockabilly Rules, OK? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 5:32 am

Hey Rocky Mtn Cat!
no worries about that. As I told you, once you finished listing everything, I'll go through some more revision (Nashvillians 2006 & SCats 2008) but no worries, everything is alright! With so many set lists and information sometimes is normal that you can forget things. I'll help you out, no wonder about it buddy!

Andi, I wish I had heard that song in Bilbao together with Built For Speed... but I can't complain, as I heard I Fought The Law, Something Else, Baby Blue Eyes and Please Don't Touch. 3 different songs on the encores from the previous show I witnessed in Manchester back in 2004, not bad!!

Well I'm cruisin' low,
Well I'm cruisin' mean,
Well I'm cruisin' slow,
in my street machine...
You're my hot rod mama
And you're really built for speed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rockabilly Rules, OK?   Rockabilly Rules, OK? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rockabilly Rules, OK?