Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You're the Boss!!!

Go down 
+2
Le Hub'
Kelley
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley

You're the Boss!!! Empty
PostSubject: You're the Boss!!!   You're the Boss!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:47 pm

with Elvis Presley and Ann Margaret
forgot about this song! Smile

like Brian's version too of course Smile
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

You're the Boss!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're the Boss!!!   You're the Boss!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 3:07 am

Excellent !! I forgot it too !
Thanks Kelley for the memory.
Back to top Go down
nietsk

You're the Boss!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're the Boss!!!   You're the Boss!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:40 am

I only just discovered it isn't a Setzer song.. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ematt

You're the Boss!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're the Boss!!!   You're the Boss!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 7:22 am

It was a pity this song was`nt used in Viva Las Vegas (or Love In Las Vegas as it was called here in the UK), RCA did`nt even release it untill the late 70`s.
Back to top Go down

You're the Boss!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're the Boss!!!   You're the Boss!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 8:31 am

Baby you're a genious when it comes to cookin' up some chilli sauce!!
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

You're the Boss!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're the Boss!!!   You're the Boss!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:07 am

I love the 1960 original by Jimmy Ricks and LaVern Baker, but there is something special about the mental image of Elvis and Ann Margaret cooing over each other.

You're the Boss is actually the one song I don't care for on Dirty Boogie. No matter how gorgeous Gwen Stefani is, I really don't care for her voice on this one, with its goat-like vibrato. It's an excellent song choice, Brian and the band are great, and it could certainly be performed live, just with a different duet partner. It actually could be quite fun to have Brian play off of both vixens onstage during this tune.

Not that Kelley needs any encouragement picturing a Brian sammich!

Goat Cheese-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Kelley

You're the Boss!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're the Boss!!!   You're the Boss!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:16 am

gwen sings great

Last edited by Kelley on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

You're the Boss!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're the Boss!!!   You're the Boss!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:58 am

You're the Boss, as far as I can remember, has been performed only once back in 1998 or 99, not sure right now... with Gwen Stefani as special guest.

Now that the BSO has two backing singers, I don't know why this song is not played. And same with a couple of Nashvillians songs (Everybody's Up To Something & Don't Say You Love Me)... Julie Setzer always travels with Brian, so it'd be nice to have her singing the backing vocals of those wonderful songs, don't you think??

On the other hand, I think that on other songs, the vixens should have remained outside (Good Rockin' Daddy, Stray Cat Strut, Let The Good Times Roll, Sexy + 17...)
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

You're the Boss!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're the Boss!!!   You're the Boss!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:56 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
I love the 1960 original by Jimmy Ricks and LaVern Baker

Oh man, that would be something to hear. Lavern Baker is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

You're the Boss!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're the Boss!!!   You're the Boss!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You're the Boss!!!
Page 1 of 1