Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS

Go down 
+6
tvthewiredturtle
gretschkat57
vic
Twenty Flight Rick
Guitarmaniac
ako
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ako

ako

GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Empty
PostSubject: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:23 am

If the $30k Gretsch Setzer Tribute is the closest one can get to brian setzer's original 1959 6120,
Just how close does an SSU or SSLVO signature model get to the Tribute model?

Check these links to find out..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkTtddcVIcg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OK7NDm1UWE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzRNh13LV7U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLUSZ0cEVHY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAAU0AS7sGc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COCZ4FTHjoQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-bZmBIYMok

I hope this of help to all Gretsch Setzer model fans

and here's link of a DVD that i just know you'll love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9QXL_y5-Zs

rock n roll

Ako

Last edited by ako on Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:20 am

Haven't watched it yet, but the sheer number ov videos already points out its great lol!

Thanks alot ako!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 12:14 pm

Just watched part 1 and will watch them all. Ako, man what can I say? This is documentary worthy of Discovery Channel. Part 1 is a great breakdown of SSU (mine is a '99). Anybody even remotely interested in Gretsch guitars needs to check this out! Great job Ako! I'm glad you joined us in the Cave!

Rick
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 12:32 pm

Thanks AKO. You shouldn't have. Nice Easter present.

For you technically minded types, Even after scanning the gretsch website, I still don't get the differences between the ssu and sslvo?
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 2:24 pm

Hey Vic,

I think with the current specs of both SSU and SSLVO, the differences are cosmetic. SSU has a deeper orange/tiger stripe poly finish vs the vintage orange lacquer. Now if you have an SSU that has the tone post, as opposed to the trestle bracing, then you have a different comparison. Also pickups are a factor. I still have the Gretsch Filtertrons in mine. Happy Easter!
Back to top Go down
ako

ako

PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 2:59 pm

Guitarmaniac wrote:
Haven't watched it yet, but the sheer number ov videos already points out its great lol!

Thanks alot ako!!

Its a pleasure buddy and thankyou for making it worth doing
Back to top Go down
ako

ako

PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 3:07 pm

Twenty Flight Rick wrote:
Just watched part 1 and will watch them all. Ako, man what can I say? This is documentary worthy of Discovery Channel. Part 1 is a great breakdown of SSU (mine is a '99). Anybody even remotely interested in Gretsch guitars needs to check this out! Great job Ako! I'm glad you joined us in the Cave!

Rick

Hey thanks rick for your kind comments, im pleased its been of help.
Yes the SSU model seriously rocks and as i said in the video, its the first time ive had them all in the same room
and i must say, the SSU's gold hardware looks something special, plays & sounds great.

You'll have a giggle on the other videos

Keep rockin

Ako
Back to top Go down
ako

ako

PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 3:13 pm

vic wrote:
Thanks AKO. You shouldn't have. Nice Easter present.

For you technically minded types, Even after scanning the gretsch website, I still don't get the differences between the ssu and sslvo?

Hey thanks Vic, Im pleased you enjoyed it buddy

Keep rockin

Ako
Back to top Go down
gretschkat57

gretschkat57

PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 8:10 pm

cheers
They are AWESOME videos! I just spent a great part of the afternoon
checking them out. I appreciate the time and effort you put into
the comparisons.

I came here to see what was new and was pleased to see you had
posted the links!

I recommend anyone who owns a Gretsch (I own the SSU....bought it in 1998...shown in my avatar) wants a Gretsch or is just interested in the tone and beauty of a great Gretsch guitar....to watch these videos, they are very well done, informative and fun!
And man.......you cannot beat the tone on the replica model. So sweet!

Great job and thanks so much, I'm inspired to go have a GRETSCH
evening now! cheers

Keep rockin',
Sue
PS Anytime you need a babysitter for that Gretsch replica/tribute
guitar.....just let me know!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ako

ako

PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 1:27 am

gretschkat57 wrote:
cheers
They are AWESOME videos! I just spent a great part of the afternoon
checking them out. I appreciate the time and effort you put into
the comparisons.

I came here to see what was new and was pleased to see you had
posted the links!

I recommend anyone who owns a Gretsch (I own the SSU....bought it in 1998...shown in my avatar) wants a Gretsch or is just interested in the tone and beauty of a great Gretsch guitar....to watch these videos, they are very well done, informative and fun!
And man.......you cannot beat the tone on the replica model. So sweet!

Great job and thanks so much, I'm inspired to go have a GRETSCH
evening now! cheers

Keep rockin',
Sue
PS Anytime you need a babysitter for that Gretsch replica/tribute

Hi Sue and thankyou so much for your kind comments,

I'm really pleased that it's been of help and interest to you, I wasnt too sure of how it would come accross
especially to any experts out there, but i feel that its an honest opinion video with no boundaries and done in
the way anyone at home would do it as opposed to a studio & limited to time kinda thing.

So once again a big big thankyou Sue and happy rockin with your SSU

Kindest regards

Ako

guitar.....just let me know!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:48 am

fun stuff man! and good on ya for taking all the time to suss it out.
Important question, are all the guitars set up equally by the same
technician in terms of proper pickup height give or take to your personal taste? Also since the custom shop versions have had carved tops I'm assuming they did not do this to the tribute as it was a clone of Brian's?

Just want to come to a conclusion as to why you found the SSU brighter
since both the SSLVO, the SSL and RHH (Rev horton heat model) models all have nitrocellulose lacquer and the SSU has a poly finish. I found all my lacquer models to feel slightly more "live" and twangy stock from the box..thus causing me to rebuild the wiring harness in the SSU to bring it up to the standard of the others.
I know that the older Setzer models necks dont float the fretboard as well as the newer models so they tend to have a bit more "rock" bite to
them (which I love) but other than that... I'm hanging on the questions
I asked above because after seeing these videos I am planning on
stripping the poly off my guitar and reshooting it with nitro after my
complete refret with 6105 dunlop frets (not a stock gretsch thing, just
something setzer has tvjones to his personal guitars)

thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
ako

ako

PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:58 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
fun stuff man! and good on ya for taking all the time to suss it out.
Important question, are all the guitars set up equally by the same
technician in terms of proper pickup height give or take to your personal taste? Also since the custom shop versions have had carved tops I'm assuming they did not do this to the tribute as it was a clone of Brian's?

Just want to come to a conclusion as to why you found the SSU brighter
since both the SSLVO, the SSL and RHH (Rev horton heat model) models all have nitrocellulose lacquer and the SSU has a poly finish. I found all my lacquer models to feel slightly more "live" and twangy stock from the box..thus causing me to rebuild the wiring harness in the SSU to bring it up to the standard of the others.
I know that the older Setzer models necks dont float the fretboard as well as the newer models so they tend to have a bit more "rock" bite to
them (which I love) but other than that... I'm hanging on the questions
I asked above because after seeing these videos I am planning on
stripping the poly off my guitar and reshooting it with nitro after my
complete refret with 6105 dunlop frets (not a stock gretsch thing, just
something setzer has tvjones to his personal guitars)

thanks in advance

Hi Buddy and thankyou,

wow!, you really know your stuff, here we go..

Yes the SSU was without doubt, much brighter in tone than the other two, in a live gig situation over the years ive always had to compensate on the amp EQ by knocking back the presence & treble settings by at least 2/3 notches with this guitar, otherwise i get the high end squeel and as you say it does feel alive.

But with the SSLVO, i dont need to do this, so that says a lot sound wise, The technician who sets all my guitars up is also a luthier, so really knows his stuff and he has set up both my SSU & SSLVO as a working instrument for me and keeps all my settings on each guitar in a little book,So that the settings are the same everytime he does it, but the Tribute has never been touched settings wise since i received it, and its got the same strings on that it arrived with.

The SSLVO is certainly more like the Tribute in terms of general thicker feel and a good comparison with the Tribute and the SSU feel wise, (not weight) is like playing a les paul and then picking up a Strat, if that makes sense.

Hope this answers your question, but please feel free to ask anymore, if i can be of help

here's the spec on the Tribute is its of help to you

http://www.station-music.de/gitarre/gretsch_setzertri_spezi.html

Thanks once again buddy

Carl
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 3:08 am

What pickups has the SSU in it? I think that may be one of the reasons why the SSU is brighter, maybe it's got the stock pre-FMIC filters in it Question
I have no idea, it's just a guess...

Chris
Back to top Go down
ako

ako

PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 6:42 am

Guitarmaniac wrote:
What pickups has the SSU in it? I think that may be one of the reasons why the SSU is brighter, maybe it's got the stock pre-FMIC filters in it Question

Chris

Hi Chris and thanks for your question,

The 2000 SSU model has the original Filtertron pickups that the guitar came with and look great in Gold

hope its of help to you Chris

Kindest regards

Carl
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 6:53 am

Thanks ako!
Well then I guess this is part of the reason why the SSU sounds brighter, since the pre-FMIC filters are supposed to be alot harsher from what I've heard
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 8:04 am

ako wrote:
Guitarmaniac wrote:

Chris

The 2000 SSU model has the original Filtertron pickups that the guitar came with and look great in Gold

Kindest regards

Carl

I forgot!!! Yep! Chris That is totally why.... 100%.. I had those damn pkups in mine, supposedly "alnico setzer" pickups but the magnet was short, hardly any wax potting and screws were kinda cheap, not to mention the crappy pots,switches and thin flimsy wire harness....all to say once I put in the tvjones classics like all the newer models, the guitar was more buttery yet way more articulate, you could hear the wood of the guitar.

Youre ears are not lying Carl, spot on actually.. and again the newer models have a significantly more "vintage" accurate floating fretboard over the body at the neck joint. This translates into more body top vibration so the guitar feels a little more lively,warmer mids and responsive to finger picking.

Doesnt mean the older ones dont sound darn near close when set up with all the goods, and to their credit the slightly thicker tops are less
feedback prone at higher volume (only noticeable if you use stompboxes)

Carl I'm wondering if your desert island gretsch is more the SSLVO than
the Tribute. Smile you can leave the tribute with me. clown clown
Back to top Go down
gretschkat57

gretschkat57

PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:04 pm

My SSU has the filtertron pick ups.......not the tvjones.

I have not played the SSLVO....but I have a question. Do the SSU and the SSLVO both have the same top thickness? Wasn't Brian's '59 Cat Scanned for the SSLVO?

Wasn't the trestle bracing a bit different between the SSU and the SSLVO? I am probably wrong, but it is hard keeping up with all the Setzer models!

I sure love my SSU, tho...........plays like "buttah!" Cool cheers

And thanks again, ako for those great videos!
Back to top Go down
gretschkat57

gretschkat57

PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:07 pm

Just read TV's post above which answered my questions. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:27 pm

It depends on when your guitar was made.
Generally all the Setzer 6120s made after 2003/04 have TV Jones Classics exept some hotrods. The ones before Fender took over have the "Setzer" Alnico pickups, which are supposed to be better than the pups Gretsch used in other guitars at that time but still nothing compared to TV Jones Trons...

Chris
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 2:34 pm

Guitarmaniac wrote:
It depends on when your guitar was made.
Generally all the Setzer 6120s made after 2003/04 have TV Jones Classics exept some hotrods. The ones before Fender took over have the "Setzer" Alnico pickups, which are supposed to be better than the pups Gretsch used in other guitars at that time but still nothing compared to TV Jones Trons...

Chris

well ya, there was a huge change all around once Mike Lewis and Fender took over the reigns. My 99 ssu top is THIN compared to
earlier nashvilles. I converted a 6118 that was freakin 3/8" thick and
had the hideous ceramic mag filters that all the gretsch guitars were
getting. (some guys love these by the way, one friend has an old
falcon w/ em and plays into a 60s AC30 and DMM..sounds great, feels like crap).

Yet my guitar top is still not like the 6120RHH that is more like 3/16" with nice thin lacquer. That guitar would vibrate when you looked at
it too long! Smile
GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Nigelgui
Back to top Go down
ako

ako

PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 3:45 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
ako wrote:
Guitarmaniac wrote:

Chris

Kindest regards

Carl

I forgot!!! Yep! Chris That is totally why.... 100%.. I had those damn pkups in mine, supposedly "alnico setzer" pickups but the magnet was short, hardly any wax potting and screws were kinda cheap, not to mention the crappy pots,switches and thin flimsy wire harness....all to say once I put in the tvjones classics like all the newer models, the guitar was more buttery yet way more articulate, you could hear the wood of the guitar.

Youre ears are not lying Carl, spot on actually.. and again the newer models have a significantly more "vintage" accurate floating fretboard over the body at the neck joint. This translates into more body top vibration so the guitar feels a little more lively,warmer mids and responsive to finger picking.

Doesnt mean the older ones dont sound darn near close when set up with all the goods, and to their credit the slightly thicker tops are less

TVTHEWIREDTURTLE

Ayup buddy,

yes ok, as long as you pay the airfare and insurance ! Now your gonna tell me you live next door arnt you?

I'm really impressed with how much you know and the work that youve done on your guitars, i'd never attempt such a thing, and yet it sounds like youve practically rebuilt them, why dont you do a video on upgrades, talk about Tv p/ups etc, what differences your upgrades have made, you must have a wealth of experience to tell buddy, it'd really go down well i feel

regards

Carl
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 5:06 pm

ako wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
ako wrote:
Guitarmaniac wrote:

Chris

Kindest regards

Carl

TVTHEWIREDTURTLE

Ayup buddy,

yes ok, as long as you pay the airfare and insurance ! Now your gonna tell me you live next door arnt you?

I'm really impressed with how much you know and the work that youve done on your guitars, i'd never attempt such a thing, and yet it sounds like youve practically rebuilt them, why dont you do a video on upgrades, talk about Tv p/ups etc, what differences your upgrades have made, you must have a wealth of experience to tell buddy, it'd really go down well i feel

regards

Carl

You got the ball rollin' on sound testing the ol' nashville on videos. dont stop... You need to share how you work your nashvilles with a freakin half stack. Show us the speakers, the amp,etc.. Youre rig is kinda how Billy Duffy sets up/ or use to with the Cult.
For me sharing I dont think I want to share anything on video, I want musicians guitars on my bench to make a living. Smile But I am perfectly happy to jabber here on the forum because these guitars and the music we listen to is our bond. Btw... there are many guys here who are really really into their gear AND they can play a mean guitar.

fwiw.. tvjones.com has a few nice videos on some how to's
Back to top Go down
gretschkat57

gretschkat57

PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 5:14 pm

There's even a few women here who play a mean Gretsch, too! Wink
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 5:26 pm

gretschkat57 wrote:
There's even a few women here who play a mean Gretsch, too! Wink

yah.. but they're in kitchen barefoot n pregnant pirat pirat pig
Back to top Go down
ako

ako

PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 5:57 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
ako wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
ako wrote:
Guitarmaniac wrote:

Chris

Kindest regards

Carl

TVTHEWIREDTURTLE

Ayup buddy,

regards

Carl

You got the ball rollin' on sound testing the ol' nashville on videos. dont stop... You need to share how you work your nashvilles with a freakin half stack. Show us the speakers, the amp,etc.. Youre rig is kinda how Billy Duffy sets up/ or use to with the Cult.
For me sharing I dont think I want to share anything on video, I want musicians guitars on my bench to make a living. Smile But I am perfectly happy to jabber here on the forum because these guitars and the music we listen to is our bond. Btw... there are many guys here who are really really into their gear AND they can play a mean guitar.

fwiw.. tvjones.com has a few nice videos on some how to's

BLOODY EL - Now youve got me started again! - How about this then..

A Gretsch 6120 SSLVO with Tv's played at MASTER vol no 7 on a MARSHALL JCM 2000 100w head on full gain thru a Vintage reissue 4x12 cab

VERSUS

a 59 reissue Gibson Les Paul, a 58 reissue Gibson Les paul, a USA Strat, a 52 reissue USA Telecaster and a Gibson Flying V.

Who do you think will come out on top?

Watch this space...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS   GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GRETSCH BRIAN SETZER SSC $30k TRIBUTE COMPARED TO THE SSU & SSLVO SIG MODELS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next