Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

slim jim phantom on tour in europe !

Go down 
+4
Dave
Spanishdavid
laurent327
lonesomecat
8 posters
AuthorMessage
lonesomecat

lonesomecat

slim jim phantom on tour in europe ! Empty
PostSubject: slim jim phantom on tour in europe !   slim jim phantom on tour in europe ! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:10 am

slim jim phantom trio tours europe in september !

see you .

http://www.slimjimphantom.com/Tour.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lonesomecatz
laurent327

laurent327

PostSubject: Re: slim jim phantom on tour in europe !   slim jim phantom on tour in europe ! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:05 am

I hope they'll play " I see red"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: slim jim phantom on tour in europe !   slim jim phantom on tour in europe ! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 3:06 pm

Unfortunatelly not in Spain this time. I think SJP is touring a few dates jut to compensate the Euro Fans for the last year's cancellation, but I think he sould have reschedules the same dates more or less but in any case, glad to see that another Cat is en Europe after Lee's cancelling AGAIN his Spanish date this year as well as Chris Isaak's....

I feel really bad because not many artists stop over in here... siiiigh
Maybe next year!
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: slim jim phantom on tour in europe !   slim jim phantom on tour in europe ! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 9:00 am

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:

I feel really bad because not many artists stop over in here... siiiigh

That´s because they are scared of you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: slim jim phantom on tour in europe !   slim jim phantom on tour in europe ! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 9:49 am

Ermmm..... are you talking to me??? lol!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: slim jim phantom on tour in europe !   slim jim phantom on tour in europe ! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:26 am

[quote=". I think SJP is touring a few dates jut to compensate the Euro Fans for the last year's cancellation, [/quote]

I think that is bollocks to be honest. Jim has always done small tours here and there, and Europe has been on loads of his tours over the past few years.

Dave
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: slim jim phantom on tour in europe !   slim jim phantom on tour in europe ! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:37 am

What I've heard from one of is gigs in Germany is that he only played for exactly 45 minutes and then exited the club into a cab that was preordered for him and left.
The gig seemed to be very good, but many people were dissapointed by the way jim left and that he did so early.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: slim jim phantom on tour in europe !   slim jim phantom on tour in europe ! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:47 pm

Dave,
sorry if my comments offended you somehow....

Guitarmaniac,
you might be right, though it's quite unusual at SJP shows, as he stays for maybe half an hour for autographs and pics with the fans (at least from my experience); however, a friend of mine went to one of his shows, it was the opening of the venue SJP played and the sound was quite bad and a twat threw a bottle of beer which, ruined SJP show qutie a lot (apart from the long trip the night before in a small van) so that he left as soon as the show ended. If this was the case of Brian Setzer, he would leave the venue just to get rid of the fans (at least in Europe....). Lee seems to be quite kind and what I've heard from fans is that he's very attentive and always ready for a chat, a pic and a signature.

Now I must say that SJP website sucks a bit as well... I've actually found 3 shows which have not been announced on his website and are taking places... besides I've even found a clip of them on youtube!!
Same with the shows with Robert Gordon... SJP listed 4, and they were 5!!!
It seems that the website is always running a bit behind...
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: slim jim phantom on tour in europe !   slim jim phantom on tour in europe ! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:28 am

No offence taken, i just don`t agree with your comments.

Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: slim jim phantom on tour in europe !   slim jim phantom on tour in europe ! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 2:28 pm

No worries Dave, that's fine!
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: slim jim phantom on tour in europe !   slim jim phantom on tour in europe ! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

I went to see Jim at Dysneyland Paris last friday; he did a 65 minutes set including 2 encores. The trio played Elvis, Cochran, Gene, Burnette, Chuck Berry stuffs, and of course some Stray Cats songs. I was a little bit disappointed because it was like a studio performance and the madness of a live show missed. A french rockabilly band, the Hot Chickens, opened and did a very great gig.
By the way, it was a very good evening, even it's a shame that Jim went away just after very quickly: he may have some things to do in Paris that night, who knows?

FC
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: slim jim phantom on tour in europe !   slim jim phantom on tour in europe ! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 3:35 pm

Hahahah, he might have gone to one of those streets on the way to Notre-Dame, you know what I mean lol!

BTW Frenchy, there are a few clips of the French show uploaded by a friend of mine on Youtube. I think they are Baby Blue Eyes, Summertime Blues (horrible version) and can't remember the other; nonetheless, there are a few more from London, Italy, Germany and the Rockabilly Day.
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: slim jim phantom on tour in europe !   slim jim phantom on tour in europe ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:25 am

Yeah Jon, I saw them.
I like this version of Baby Let's Play House

Jim singing ( Exclamation ): Rock This Town

And here's the french Hot Chickens (great performance, really): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzStoFoJaYA

and specially this mad one : Tear It Up

FC
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: slim jim phantom on tour in europe !   slim jim phantom on tour in europe ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:50 am

FrenchyCat wrote:

And here's the french Hot Chickens (great performance, really): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzStoFoJaYA

and specially this mad one : Tear It Up

FC

very cool Band,
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: slim jim phantom on tour in europe !   slim jim phantom on tour in europe ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:41 pm

I like the Hot Chickens sound, first time i have heard them, but they are good....!!

Dave
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: slim jim phantom on tour in europe !   slim jim phantom on tour in europe ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:30 pm

The best band coming out from France in years.
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: slim jim phantom on tour in europe !   slim jim phantom on tour in europe ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 11:18 pm

donpepe wrote:
The best band coming out from France in years.

Did you know them before?
As I said before, they were amazing, with lot of fun!

FC
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: slim jim phantom on tour in europe !   slim jim phantom on tour in europe ! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 7:31 am

No I didn't but I like their style, it's somewhat robust & even bluesy in a way. Like a good housewine.
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: slim jim phantom on tour in europe !   slim jim phantom on tour in europe ! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:26 am

That's not false Very Happy

FC
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: slim jim phantom on tour in europe !   slim jim phantom on tour in europe ! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 2:47 am

I've just got hold of a live recording of SJP show in Hannover last week and I must say I've enjoyed it, though they could have played a few more songs, some classics by the Restless like Ice Cold, RnR Train or Long Black Shiny Car. I think that none of us likes SJP singing.... he destroys the songs though he's a wonderful backing vocalist!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: slim jim phantom on tour in europe !   slim jim phantom on tour in europe ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

slim jim phantom on tour in europe !
Page 1 of 1