Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Slim Jim Phantom & climate change

Go down 
+4
Daddio
Kelley
Rickabilly
Andi
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

Slim Jim Phantom & climate change Empty
PostSubject: Slim Jim Phantom & climate change   Slim Jim Phantom & climate change Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 12:32 pm

http://greenopolis.com/egreenu/live-qa

I can't believe I only learned about this today - In October 2007 SJP participated in a hike and concert in the Himalayas to raise climate change awareness, and on Dec 16 (as in, just days ago) did an online chat about it... and we all missed it!

I have a whole new respect for Jim now.
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Slim Jim Phantom & climate change   Slim Jim Phantom & climate change Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:35 pm

I remember the climb when it happened, but I completely missed that the trek up Mount Everest was to raise awareness on the effects of global warming. I thought it was solely to raise awareness and money for cancer research through the Love-Hope-Strength foundation. I'll definitely have to check out that Everest Rocks DVD.

Cheers to Jim for showing you don't have to be a tree-huggin' dirty hippie to give a damn about the environment! Very Happy

Hippie-billy
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Slim Jim Phantom & climate change   Slim Jim Phantom & climate change Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:37 pm

yeah in doing a little more research there's no indication the event had anything to do with climate change- not sure how that got tied in with it for the purposes of the live chat, that is very weird.
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Slim Jim Phantom & climate change   Slim Jim Phantom & climate change Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 7:11 pm

the chat seemed kind of short, seemed like not a lot of people knew?
I was at work anyways Neutral
but still, nice to know that Jim does things like this-wonder if Lee and Brian raise awareness for different causes as well
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Slim Jim Phantom & climate change   Slim Jim Phantom & climate change Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 11:38 pm

here is a story link about it:

Rock veterans for climate change
Back to top Go down
Daddio

Daddio

PostSubject: Re: Slim Jim Phantom & climate change   Slim Jim Phantom & climate change Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 4:08 pm

Dudes, one and all...
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Slim Jim Phantom & climate change   Slim Jim Phantom & climate change Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 4:36 am

Speaking of Slim Jim... is he fully recovered from his arm injury?
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Slim Jim Phantom & climate change   Slim Jim Phantom & climate change Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 4:42 am

I heard he is doing well now
seems like a pretty healthy guy
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Slim Jim Phantom & climate change   Slim Jim Phantom & climate change Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 4:27 am

One more kind of respect for this big big guy... Cool
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Slim Jim Phantom & climate change   Slim Jim Phantom & climate change Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 1:10 pm

have you seen this before???

Back to top Go down
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Slim Jim Phantom & climate change   Slim Jim Phantom & climate change Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 1:39 pm

I love the way James points the microphone more in the direction of the young lady's boobs than her mouth!!!

"Are these things on??"

Budge
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Slim Jim Phantom & climate change   Slim Jim Phantom & climate change Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 3:36 pm

ha ha Budgie I never noticed that
plus he tries so hard not to look at her Laughing
Back to top Go down
Daddio

Daddio

PostSubject: Re: Slim Jim Phantom & climate change   Slim Jim Phantom & climate change Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 7:19 pm

Hm! Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slim Jim Phantom & climate change   Slim Jim Phantom & climate change Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 3:37 pm

Heck, I always believed that the climbing up to the Everest was a fundraiser for the children with cancer. Mike Peters of The Alarm, founded an organization called "Love Hope & Strength Foundation" for that purpose and Jim is one of his collegues in that topic.

Ahaha, Slim pointing the mic to the boobs... well, I think he wanted to hide his intentions about what he really wanted to do with his "mic" ;-)
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Slim Jim Phantom & climate change   Slim Jim Phantom & climate change Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:13 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
I remember the climb when it happened, but I completely missed that the trek up Mount Everest was to raise awareness on the effects of global warming. I thought it was solely to raise awareness and money for cancer research through the Love-Hope-Strength foundation. I'll definitely have to check out that Everest Rocks DVD.

Cheers to Jim for showing you don't have to be a tree-huggin' dirty hippie to give a damn about the environment! Very Happy

Hippie-billy

so.. is it bad to dump the used oil from my 54 buick in the storm drain, I promise to use
a green peace kids dreadlocks and tie-dye shirt to clean up the curb! the patchouli should
cover up the smell.. pig pig pig pig

FWIW, hi fives Jim!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Slim Jim Phantom & climate change   Slim Jim Phantom & climate change Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:43 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
so.. is it bad to dump the used oil from my 54 buick in the storm drain

Not if you don't mind drinking it yourself later...
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Slim Jim Phantom & climate change   Slim Jim Phantom & climate change Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:46 pm

andi wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
so.. is it bad to dump the used oil from my 54 buick in the storm drain

Not if you don't mind drinking it yourself later...

gentleman jack only uses the finest Tennessee spring water! pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slim Jim Phantom & climate change   Slim Jim Phantom & climate change Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slim Jim Phantom & climate change
Page 1 of 1