Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Snow Day" Soundtrack!

Go down 
+2
johnnykool327
Cristo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Cristo

Cristo

"Snow Day" Soundtrack! Empty
PostSubject: "Snow Day" Soundtrack!   "Snow Day" Soundtrack! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:49 pm

So, I was feeling a little homesick, being in Hawaii with no snow (ever), hopped on the Netflix website and ordered up the movie "Snow Day" with Chevy Chase. So I'm watching, and all of a sudden, in the scene where the kid jumps on a snowmobile and takes off, what do I hear?

"Switchblade 327" by Brian Setzer Orchestra!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0184907/soundtrack

I had no idea - it was an awesome surprise. I just like Chevy Chase movies! Anyway, it's a funny movie, good for kids... or 23 year old kids!

CHEERS! santa
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: "Snow Day" Soundtrack!   "Snow Day" Soundtrack! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 6:18 pm

I do not enjoy Chevy Chase in large quantities, so I only own 2 of his movies.

Christmas Vacation and Snow Day.

Snow Day is a stupidly awesome movie.

Why am I admitting that I own it on DVD and have owned it for many years...

-BK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: "Snow Day" Soundtrack!   "Snow Day" Soundtrack! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:42 pm

I feel no shame in admitting the greatness of "Snow Day".

Maybe I'll buy the DVD, too, and then there'll be two of us! Haha

CHEERS! santa
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: "Snow Day" Soundtrack!   "Snow Day" Soundtrack! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 3:37 am

Ahem...may I point out, jk, that it has previously been established in this court that you have admitted being a fan of professional wrestling? I think owning a Snow Day DVD is the least of your worries. Very Happy

As for you, Cristo, ya sunburned Gopher...it's supposta snow up here today - no joke. I'll be sure to let you know if it really happens.
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: "Snow Day" Soundtrack!   "Snow Day" Soundtrack! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 5:47 am

Ya, hey...1 to 2 inches of accumulation! Go figure. Global warming? Ha!

Snow Day!!!!

(We're only supposed to get 1/2 inch of slush down here)
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: "Snow Day" Soundtrack!   "Snow Day" Soundtrack! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 3:03 pm

Bear85 wrote:

As for you, Cristo, ya sunburned Gopher...

Oh, NO WAY! I'm gonna let that one slide.

I come from a family of die-hard Sioux fans (a big family, too). In case you couldn't tell from my picture.

So, being called a "gopher" or anything close to it is, well, you know. But, clearly, you were unaware of this information, so I can't hold a grudge.

Or maybe your keen observation and attention to detail prompted you to lead with the jab, in which case - IT'S ON!

GO SIOUX! cheers

PS - jealous of your snow
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: "Snow Day" Soundtrack!   "Snow Day" Soundtrack! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:43 pm

Being the self admitted wrestling fan of a dork that I am, here is what I awoke to this morning when I brought the dogs outside....

"Snow Day" Soundtrack! Img_0010

Not much can make me smile harder than the first snow of the year!

With that, Rocky was able to make his first yellow snow! He is such a good little guy.

It all pretty much melted already, dammit.

-BK
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: "Snow Day" Soundtrack!   "Snow Day" Soundtrack! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 7:47 am

Deer hunters were happy for a little bit.

Laughing

I had to actually scrape ice off of my windshield this morning! It's October! Not only did we skip summer here, we went directly from spring to winter. Strange.

Enjoy the snow!
hrg
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: "Snow Day" Soundtrack!   "Snow Day" Soundtrack! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 6:41 pm

...any thoughts on government weather control to further the cause of subsidized
swine flu vaccines? "Snow Day" Soundtrack! Icon_twisted

I just bought a freakin air conditioner for my shop, only to have to now wear a jacket.
although we dont know what snow is at all unless we rent Snow Day..

love it man! Chevy is awesome!! ..but not as good as Xmas Vacation. That wins hands down!!

btw.. we sort of dig the newer flic with Ferris Bueler n 'danny devito and the whole xmas lights war, i forget the name but the kids love it. the name xscapes me at the x moment
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: "Snow Day" Soundtrack!   "Snow Day" Soundtrack! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 5:05 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
...any thoughts on government weather control to further the cause of subsidized

Don't do it....c'mon be strong....don't drink the kool aid. Suspect
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: "Snow Day" Soundtrack!   "Snow Day" Soundtrack! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:40 am

Hot Rod Girl wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Don't do it....c'mon be strong....don't drink the kool aid. "Snow Day" Soundtrack! Suspect

I think it merits mention that I live in a suburban area of inland southern california
not too far from a military airbase. One cold and precipitous morning as my son was
getting ready for school, he said "dad wouldnt it be cool if weeee had a SNOW DAY?"
..of course my response having been in so cal my whole life, is to laugh and go
that stuff just doesnt happen in the city, we're lucky we see rain one or two days
a year".. well, never say never, cuz it suddenly started rainin lightly and then snow
started to fall in our yard. Only for about 10 minutes but the tiki in the front yard
had snow sitting on top of it. I'll mention too, the dual tornadoes
(these DONT exist here) that shot across the military base's far corner across the freeway
knocking a big rig over and toppled near by freight cars off the track.

...what flavor is that koolaid? "Snow Day" Soundtrack! Icon_surprised
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: "Snow Day" Soundtrack!   "Snow Day" Soundtrack! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:30 am

Sometimes in the dark and gloomy days of January and February, I wish I lived in So Cal or Phoenix...and so does my car. Luckily that last few years snow would come late and there would be a few warm weather breaks. This year has been weird...a cooler summer and now snow in early-mid october. BOO!

I still need to mow the yard once more and get the layer of dirt off of my car and wax it before it can start snowing.

The only thing I like doing for x-mas is hitting some downtown shops to go x-mas shopping...never too busy there.
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: "Snow Day" Soundtrack!   "Snow Day" Soundtrack! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:46 pm

if all goes well, this snow will be all gone, and i will be at the golf course on sunday for what will HOPEFULLY not be the last round of the year.

There is still a 6 foot tall snowman standing in my neighbors yard from the 2 inches of snow we got the other day.

There is no place like MINNESOTA!!!
Sorry, Nebraska.

-BK
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: "Snow Day" Soundtrack!   "Snow Day" Soundtrack! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 11:00 pm

johnnykool327 wrote:

There is still a 6 foot tall snowman standing in my neighbors yard from the 2 inches of snow we got the other day.
Sorry, Nebraska.

-BK

wow..snow man in october!
.. sun already came out this afternoon and its suppose to be 90 by
saturday. "Snow Day" Soundtrack! Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: "Snow Day" Soundtrack!   "Snow Day" Soundtrack! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 7:38 am

johnnykool327 wrote:
if all goes well, this snow will be all gone, and i will be at the golf course on sunday for what will HOPEFULLY not be the last round of the year.

Sorry, Nebraska.

-BK

No snow on the ground for us anymore, now it's just raining every evening.

Minnesota is pretty cool, I've been going up to Leech Lake every July for the last few years. I'd like to get around to visit other parts of MN some day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Snow Day" Soundtrack!   "Snow Day" Soundtrack! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Snow Day" Soundtrack!
Page 1 of 1