Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

seats on fire..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

seats on fire.. Empty
PostSubject: seats on fire..   seats on fire.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:54 pm

my front car seat caught on "fire" when the sun reflected off my cheapo wink mirror
and burned a 6"x1" gash in my custom 2 tone seat covers. My poor 55yr old hotrod honey
has been mamed.
My kid was yelling "dad your seat's smoking" and I thought they were being funny.
Turns out the mirror is like a high intensity magnifying glass..

ever heard of such solar wizardry before? maybe I shouldnt have named the ol bird "jezebel"
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

seats on fire.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: seats on fire..   seats on fire.. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:41 pm

About 2 months ago , I was at a friends house. we were drinking coffee in her kitchen and she was telling me a story about how some glass ornament of hers had reflected the sun onto a cushion and the cushion started smoldering. We both commented on how easy it is to burn down ones home etc etc.
In the middle of the conversation , I said to her , 'Do you smell something burning ' and I turned around to look at where the smell seemed to come from. Next thing ,my friend started screaming....... without realizing it ,I had been leaning against her gas hob which was cooking something ,and my jacket had caught fire . Man I dont think I ever moved so fast ,getting that jacket off and into the sink. We laughed solidly for a half hour after.
True story
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

seats on fire.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: seats on fire..   seats on fire.. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:44 pm

thats awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

seats on fire.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: seats on fire..   seats on fire.. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 6:06 am

We almost started our home on fire down in Georgia...

We had bay windows on the sunny side of the house, and kept a blown glass ball decoration in one of them. Well, that blown glass acted just like a magnifying glass and left a nice dime sized burnt spot on the wood...I wonder what would have happened if it wasn't a partly cloudy day...

We moved the ball when we got home, and the burnt spot got sold with the house.

I don't think it tops the car or the jacket story by any means, but it does go to show that fire happens in odd ways.

Glad no one has gotten hurt in these little adventures!

TV---sorry about your car. Upholstery is not cheap!

Take care,
hrg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

seats on fire.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: seats on fire..   seats on fire.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

seats on fire..
Page 1 of 1