Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight"

Go down 
+4
Rocky Mountain Cat
gretschoholic
Kid Setzer
pony65k
8 posters
AuthorMessage
pony65k

pony65k

Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight" Empty
PostSubject: Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight"   Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:37 pm

Hi all.

Just came across the you tube vid of Brian playing with Billy Zoom and James Intveld probably around the Live Nude Guitars time. Sorry if this has been posted before.

René

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight"   Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:38 pm

Haha, I have seen that many times. No need to be sorry though, it's an awesome clip! Very Happy

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight"   Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:53 am

Haha, look at Billy's face at 0:36, when Brian says "Go!" Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight"   Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 4:51 am

Nice find, Rene.

That was from a May 16, 1987 appearance on the local Los Angeles tv show "Art Fein's Poker Party".
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight"   Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 6:08 am

gretschoholic wrote:
Haha, look at Billy's face at 0:36, when Brian says "Go!" Laughing
Actually, James says "Go", but I like Billy's response: "Go what"

*chortle*

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight"   Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:26 pm

I went to school with James' younger brother Rick. I can't remember Rick ever dressing any other way than blue jeans, t-shirt, with his hair in a pomp.
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight"   Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Pinkpiratekitty wrote:
I went to school with James' younger brother Rick. I can't remember Rick ever dressing any other way than blue jeans, t-shirt, with his hair in a pomp.

Was it Rick that was playing with Ricky Nelson?
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight"   Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 5:58 pm

Rick Intveld was in Rick Nelson's band, and died in that horrible plane crash on Dec 31st, 1985.

I love James Intveld - I wish I lived near LA so I could see him play now and then. I remember being disappointed after buying his first album that it sounded nothing like the rave-ups he did on the Cry-baby soundtrack. But then I grew up a little bit, and learned to appreciate how cool his records were.

King Cry-baby
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight"   Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 6:36 pm

He was a really nice guy too. No ego.
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight"   Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:09 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
Rick Intveld was in Rick Nelson's band, and died in that horrible plane crash on Dec 31st, 1985.

Wow I can't believe it was 1985 that happened! Only seems like about 10 years ago.

I have a video called "Ricky Nelson Special Memories" it was hosted by his twin sons Gunnar and Mathew Nelson.
It has some fantastic live concert footage of Ricky Nelson and the line up of the band that tragically died in the plane crash, Wish the whole concert was available as a DVD, apart from the live stuff the rest of the tape is pretty average.
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight"   Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Setzer, Billy Zoom & James Intveld "Good Rockin' Tonight"
Page 1 of 1