Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price

Go down 
+5
mjcodina
pony65k
Sharky
Kiki
tvthewiredturtle
9 posters
AuthorMessage
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price Empty
PostSubject: An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price   An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 6:52 am

now down to $11K

I want one sooooo ba-a-ad!! actually I'd be freakin thrilled to see that SECRET
dvd interview of brian that hides in the case

http://cgi.ebay.com/GRETSCH-G6120SSC-BRIAN-SETZER-CUSTOM-SHOP-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ270288556053QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270288556053&_trkparms=39%3A1

Last edited by tvthewiredturtle on Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price   An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 7:01 am

Mmmm...is there more?
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price   An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 7:07 am

Back to top Go down
Sharky

Sharky

PostSubject: Re: An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price   An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:36 pm

No offense to those who like this kind of thing, but I was never keen on buying distressed authentic copy instruments. I am all for signature guitar models, God knows I've bought them. But I never understood the attraction of owning a new instrument for a lot of money that looks like someone's beat up rig. Vintage is cool, but to have the custom shop beat one up for you, then pay more for it than the same new model in A1 shape really bogs my mind.

The Jaco Bass, the the Crossroads 335, all of that stuff. I just don't get it.

Will there someday be a copy of Willie Nelson's beat up nylon string guitar?

The SSLVO makes more sense than this one.

Neutral

Sorry to be a troll for one of my favorite posters in one of my favorite boards . . .
Back to top Go down
http://www.jerrylinger.com
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price   An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:36 pm

Sharky wrote:
No offense to those who like this kind of thing, but I was never keen on buying distressed authentic copy instruments. I am all for signature guitar models, God knows I've bought them. But I never understood the attraction of owning a new instrument for a lot of money that looks like someone's beat up rig. Vintage is cool, but to have the custom shop beat one up for you, then pay more for it than the same new model in A1 shape really bogs my mind.

Neutral

Sorry to be a troll for one of my favorite posters in one of my favorite boards . . .

Gotta agree with Sharky. If money was no object, that's different, but hey that's just me (and Sharky)

TV, you could always make an offer. I gather these won't be coming to a marketplace near you all that often.

Regards,

René
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price   An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:46 pm

If that thing was going for $1200 I would buy it, or try... but really I want them to
build me a Tavo signature model..just for me. Not because I deserve it for accolade and
prowess but just because I have tattoo'd them on myself. Smile
no seriously I am after a 99' G6120SSU for a decent price. I will then, just like mine,
gut the sucker and give it the tvjones and george L cable treatment along a nice
dremel buffing and turtle wax (no pun intended) to kill that freakin aweful old man
gold hardware and reveal the burnish nickel below.

My 99' SSU was designed for my hands man, I love my guitar and that
"collector" machine is sexy no doubt but silly fun really.

Ps....sig models are subjective...sentiment is largely involved.
I would buy a Willy Nelson sig nylon stringer, but I would crap on and burn
a Bruce Springsteen anything... (you can flame me till I die, that guy's only
talent is his speech at the rock n roll hall of fame for U2.. and I wont watch half
time superbowl either, I will be in the bathroom vomiting from his noise pollution)
Back to top Go down
mjcodina

mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price   An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 3:12 pm

as far as the sig. models go, i have an sslvo and love the thing to death, the guitar and hardware was what i was after. i took off the setzer stuff once i got it cause i just feel wierd playing with another guys name on it. having Chet's name is another story though, id sport that not cause he's the man but because the 6120s and their endorsement.

As far as distressing the guitars go, what the heck man? its just not my thing. i guess its cool if youre gonna have it as a collector's item and display it. But for me and my guitar, i think theres nothing cooler than when my guitar can show its been rocked and loved by its scratches and crap.

and not to get too off topic, i played a gig last weekend and some guy came up to me after and wanted to know what my gretsch was. he asked if it was like some kind of mandolin. wierd huh. you guys gotten any wierd reactions like that?
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price   An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 3:24 pm

mjcodina wrote:
as far as the sig. models go, i have an sslvo and love the thing to death, the guitar and hardware was what i was after. i took off the setzer stuff once i got it cause i just feel wierd playing with another guys name on it. having Chet's name is another story though, id sport that not cause he's the man but because the 6120s and their endorsement.

As far as distressing the guitars go, what the heck man? its just not my thing. i guess its cool if youre gonna have it as a collector's item and display it. But for me and my guitar, i think theres nothing cooler than when my guitar can show its been rocked and loved by its scratches and crap.

and not to get too off topic, i played a gig last weekend and some guy came up to me after and wanted to know what my gretsch was. he asked if it was like some kind of mandolin. wierd huh. you guys gotten any wierd reactions like that?

only from guys that had been drinking beer straight from the pitcher all night. drunken
...one guy came up and told us after a gig that we had skills but people want to
see the singer dance and spin around. I told him that only my left foot is allowed to
do that as I am plugged into an amp and need to stay on the mic and near my pedals.
He still insisted I at least duck walk and do the splits... yepp, chief 6 beers always has
something to interject to bands after a gig! He probably was the one fond of your
mando-gretsch!
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price   An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:39 pm

Sharky wrote:

Neutral

I agree with Sharky completely ,
As an analogy, if GM brought out a 59 Chey covered in dents and scratches would you rush out to buy it? Or buy the clean shiny model?
OK I know it's a stupid analogy but I think you get my point Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price   An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:23 pm

shaker wrote:
Sharky wrote:

Neutral

I agree with Sharky completely ,
As an analogy, if GM brought out a 59 Chey covered in dents and scratches would you rush out to buy it? Or buy the clean shiny model?
OK I know it's a stupid analogy but I think you get my point Very Happy

well not dents and scratches, but guitars that have the poly or lacquer finish worn down
or off sound better than the ones covered under layers of clear.

btw... Sharky said the SSLVO makes more sense, but that is a paradigm of practicality
When they take a guitar like the setzer clone or the SRV clone, they have actually made sure the right amount of sodium is infused into the wood like someone sweating their oily hands over the guitar for yrs.

Now having said that, I have personally held and played one of these super expensive wall art beauties and it was really really nice, but a one yr old Rev Horton Heat
model beat the pants off it in feel,weight, resonance and PRICE...

ps. regarding the 59 chevy..I would buy the one that has been purposely media blasted with glass beads, patina'd and shot in hot rod flat black with burnished chrome hardware. I drive a rat rod not a trailer queen. Smile
but I would still want the Setzer clone and if his jacket were available I'd try to own that
too. I'm not practical but my bank account sez I am. Smile
I'll never have anything niftier than the Rev horton model in my lifetime, but I
can dream
Back to top Go down
wee mark

wee mark

PostSubject: Re: An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price   An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 1:53 am

I kinda stand in no mans land on this.
Yeah i love that guitar,would love to own one. But to have it just sit in my hi-fi room,getting looked at,or drolled over,every time,i listen to my music.

Here is the picture..............Wee Mark sitting, Stray cat strut, just effortlessly coming out of my Linn Kabers. Looking over at my pride and joy in the corner. Oh..............I want to play the solo! Jump out of chair,pick up guitar,and pretend,to play along side Brian. (dream come true)

But wait,i cant play guitar, and to own a guitar of that calibre, you gotta be able to strum out a few chords.

Yes, its fantastic, and i'd love to own one,in the know that only 59 exsit!

But, if i come into a large sum of money, then i could,hunt one down!

But this is Scotland,i work as a nurse, and happy to be a huge fan of everthing Brian Setzer.

Wee Mark. Smile
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price   An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 8:12 am

wee mark wrote:
I kinda stand in no mans land on this.
Yeah i love that guitar,would love to own one. But to have it just sit in my hi-fi room,getting looked at,or drolled over,every time,i listen to my music.

Here is the picture..............Wee Mark sitting, Stray cat strut, just effortlessly coming out of my Linn Kabers. Looking over at my pride and joy in the corner. Oh..............I want to play the solo! Jump out of chair,pick up guitar,and pretend,to play along side Brian. (dream come true)

But wait,i cant play guitar, and to own a guitar of that calibre, you gotta be able to strum out a few chords.

Yes, its fantastic, and i'd love to own one,in the know that only 59 exsit!

But, if i come into a large sum of money, then i could,hunt one down!

But this is Scotland,i work as a nurse, and happy to be a huge fan of everthing Brian Setzer.

Wee Mark. Smile

..buddy of mine is just like you in that.. but again not being practical he
bought the Setzer Sig model in the transparent green (uggh) and it
hangs in its pond water green and gold hardware glory, next to
a Paul Reed Smith 10top and a Hamer Artist custom shop ( like a double cutway LP junior). He doesnt play more than a few strums of a D chord or 2.
The guy is just a supreme fan of rock n roll, been to every concert imaginable and
still to this day (well until they just now started having kids) wont hesitate to drag his
conservative wife to an Iron Maiden show. Thats his hobby, knowing and collecting
badass rock n roll guitar gear. ol' guy rockstar fan!!

FWIW
.. I am definitely not THAT rock n roll. If I cant drive up to a venue, park relatively easy,
walk in and get a drink, find a seat or some rail to lean on... I dont go. House of Blues is
as wild as I get... unless I'm actually playing at the venue, then "mr. comfortable the spectator" goes out the door naturally.
Back to top Go down
wee mark

wee mark

PostSubject: Re: An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price   An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:13 pm

My Sharon, wont come to the gigs,simple reason...........she dont want to stand and queue,for hour's before hand.

But it is a gorgeous guitar.

Wee Mark
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price   An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:23 pm

I don't think there's anything in the world I hate more than standing in a line, be it for 10 minutes or 10 hours (and I've done both).

But, some things are just worth waiting for. Ever seen that movie, Detroit Rock City?

"If Jam misses Peter Criss' drum solo, he won't be able to continue with his f***ing life!"

I'd wait in line to see BSO, most definitely. Now, if I could only get some time off from work...
Back to top Go down
Bigbassape

Bigbassape

PostSubject: Re: An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price   An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 10:51 am

Paying 10s of the thousands of dollars for a distressed guitar is a little insane. On the flipside, I did get the Joe Strummer sig. telecaster. I got one of the first 1500 with the extra goodies. Joe Strummer is my freakin hero, and the Strummer tele is awesome. I had a local tele nut go through it. He said he good find no complaint with it. It has the custom shop alnico pickups, the good pots and wiring harness. He said hes had 3000 dollar custom shop teles come through his place that arent half as well built as the strummer tele.

g
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price   An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:39 pm

Bigbassape wrote:
Paying 10s of the thousands of dollars for a distressed guitar is a little insane. On the flipside, I did get the Joe Strummer sig. telecaster. I got one of the first 1500 with the extra goodies. Joe Strummer is my freakin hero, and the Strummer tele is awesome. I had a local tele nut go through it. He said he good find no complaint with it. It has the custom shop alnico pickups, the good pots and wiring harness. He said hes had 3000 dollar custom shop teles come through his place that arent half as well built as the strummer tele.

g

you know I was almost cured of that darn guitar and now you are waving it around again.. sheeze that
is one badass tele. LEt me know when you tire of it!! santa
Back to top Go down
Sharky

Sharky

PostSubject: Re: An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price   An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 6:55 am

[quote="tvthewiredturtle" I would crap on and burn
talent is his speech at the rock n roll hall of fame for U2.. and I wont watch half
time superbowl either, I will be in the bathroom vomiting from his noise pollution)[/quote]

¡Somos hermanos! I couldn't agree more !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jerrylinger.com
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price   An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:49 am

Sharky wrote:
[quote="tvthewiredturtle" I would crap on and burn
time superbowl either, I will be in the bathroom vomiting from his noise pollution)

¡Somos hermanos! I couldn't agree more !!!!!![/quote]

Permissum venatus suscipio !
jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price   An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An opportunity for the Brian Setzer gretsch clone "reduced" price
Page 1 of 1