Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!

Go down 
+9
gretschoholic
Davidmk
WildCat
sidelake bob
Brooklyn Bomber
talldave
Brett
steb74
Andi
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Empty
PostSubject: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 9:01 am

So I walk out my front door to leave for work this morning and there's a huge box on my doorstep. Addressed to me. I bring it inside and open it up - two "Songs From Lonely Avenue" Deluxe Box Sets and four picture discs!!! Yeaaaah!!! I immediately bust open one of the box sets.... which has my photo on the back. OH MY GOSH! And look at that picture vinyl! Holy Crap!!!!

The box set is a thing of beauty. Really gorgeous, incredible quality. So much cool stuff in there. I can't wait to sit down and pore over it closely tonight when I get home from work. The picture disc... I don't even know what to say about that. Speechless.

I brought the multitracks with me in the car - they're wav files (!!!) so wouldn't play in my car CD player, but the first thing I did when I got to work was pop it into the CD drive in my computer and listen to the isolated vocals for "Dimes in a Jar."

Oh baby.

This is gonna be a whole new dimension of enjoying Brian Setzer.

It's like listening to a completely different set of songs, they sound so different in all their parts. Listening to each individual track for each song.... many times over... is gonna be such a luxury. Then of course I'll import 'em all into Adobe Audition and play with 'em to my heart's content.

Karaoke anyone? Maybe I'll stand in for Julie and duet with Brian on "Rhythm." Maybe I'll sing with Eddie Nichols on "King!" Hell, maybe I'll try my voice on ALL the songs - I can make all sorts of duets and stuff! Guitar players can pull out Brian's guitar and tear it up themselves with the whole freakin' BSO backing them. This is gonna provide *hours* of entertainment. Who needs a television?!

This is absolutely amazing. Once again, I am SO overwhelmed to have even the slightest thing to do with this project.
Back to top Go down
steb74

steb74

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 10:05 am

Hey that sounds cool Andi, I'm glad they provided the files as wav and not mp3.
When you've had a chance to listen through them all, it would be great if you could post a list of what tracks are available for each song please.
(I know you're up for the task Very Happy )

I really can't afford the deluxe set at the minute but depending on how much multitrack material is provided, I might have to do something about it.
I've been praying something like this would eventually be released!

I've heard the multitracks for Bohemian Rhapsody (24 seperate tracks)
and it's a masterclass in the art of creation, just so insightful.
So I can tell you that once you've soaked up each track,
listening to the songs goes from almost black & white to technicolor.
(I don't mean that it'll destroy the sense of noir Wink
although I feel the album is more crime jazz than noir)

Cheers, have fun!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 10:08 am

The cool thing is each one is provided as separate left and right channels - so for example for Lonely Ave you have 14 tracks:

Trombones L, R
Guitar L, R
Rhythm Section L, R
Sax L, R
Strings L, R
Trumpet L, R
Vocals L, R

Every song is broken down like that (minus the strings, obviously, and in the case of Surfer/Jazzer/Elena, minus the whole orchestra!) I haven't listened to find out where the vibes fit into that, rhythm I guess?

I'll post more when I can, especially after I've been able to listen to everything!

sunny
Back to top Go down
steb74

steb74

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 10:31 am

That's great Andi, thanks alot.
So the drums & bass are on a shared track, left and right channel?
Unless you're saying that the instruments in the rhythm section
each have a seperate track and also L & R mixes ( I hope that's the case)
I guess you could file the vibes under Orchestral Percussion or Rhythm Section.

Cheers, looking forward to your next report Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:59 pm

Ho Ho by my China Chin Chin!!
That means that the pictured LP and the box are on their way to Spain as well??? AAYYEEEE!!!

I got today the promotional copy that I requested after being asked whether I wanted it or not... that was another nice gesture from Surfdog.
Can't wait to listen to those multitracks!!

Thanks Andi for your comments!!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 5:07 pm

Here are the multitracks:

SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Sflamulti1

SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Sflamulti2
Back to top Go down
steb74

steb74

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 6:19 pm

That's great, thanks Andi Smile
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 9:28 pm

A little taste of the fun to be had:

Dimes.mp3 - horns and vocals only (23 sec.)

Rhythm.mp3 - rhythm and guitar solo only (42 sec.)
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:49 pm

cool,
is a special software necessary to use the multi tracks?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
steb74

steb74

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 4:59 am

Andi wrote:
A little taste of the fun to be had:
Excellent, thanks Andi Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 7:12 am

Brett, they're wav files so you can listen to them on most any audio player on your computer. If you want to manipulate the files - make edits, play only certain tracks together, record other tracks with the Setzer tracks, etc - you'll need a multitrack audio editor. A good, powerful free one is Audacity.
Back to top Go down
talldave

talldave

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 9:02 am

Andi, be honest, did you find time to work at all these past couple of days? SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 9:08 am

Thanks Andi,

can`t wait for my Set.... bounce
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 9:14 am

Dave, it's been an epically lousy couple of days and work has indeed suffered, but the multitracks have been my saving grace! Forgive me if I'm focusing all my happiness-energy on them right now. Lately Setzer always seems to have a way of providing a ray of sunshine when I need it most Wink I spent several hours late last night messin' with the multi-tracks, it's good fun!

On that topic, something that occurred to me when listening to the tracks:

I really dig the count-in to Love Partners in Crime and the laughter at the end of Gimme Some Rhythm Daddy. Somehow it feels like you're getting a tiny bit of behind the scenes stuff (radio people are forever cueing past those kind of ins and crossfading the outs, just further proof that this record was not done with radio in mind. F*&k 'em, they don't deserve a record this good anyway.) That behind the scenes look is way more behind the scenes when you listen to the multitracks. You can hear horn players clicking their valves. People stomping their feet, keeping time. The bleed-through from the different sections. The reverb effect on Brian's voice, but not on Eddie Nichols' during "King of the Whole Damn World." Every breath Brian takes as he sings, the control he has when he croons, the power as he belts it out from the gut (not to mention that sexy "s" slur, clear as day... rowr. But I digress.) After listening to the isolated vocals, I really strongly disagree with anyone that says the boy's voice is getting weak. Like hell it is.

Anyway, you can almost picture the recording sessions taking place, it's like you're in the room(s) with 'em. I'd love to see a few pics from the sessions, just to see if the rooms were set up as I envision it in my mind. Mark Stockert of Underwood Studios in Minneapolis, who recorded and produced some of the record, friended me on Facebook last night.... I'll see if he might have some photos he can share!
Back to top Go down
Brooklyn Bomber

Brooklyn Bomber

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:08 am

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
I got today the promotional copy that I requested after being asked whether I wanted it or not...

Yeah Jon, they promised me that promo too but I never received it...unfortunately.

BB Sad
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 10:52 am

Andi wrote:
Anyway, you can almost picture the recording sessions taking place, it's like you're in the room(s) with 'em. I'd love to see a few pics from the sessions, just to see if the rooms were set up as I envision it in my mind. Mark Stockert of Underwood Studios in Minneapolis, who recorded and produced some of the record, friended me on Facebook last night.... I'll see if he might have some photos he can share!

Reply from Mark Stockert: "Believe it or not , not one photo was taken. I think that's part of what his amazing creativity came from. He just got to come to "poker night" and he just caught fire. never seen anything like it!"

Anybody else get their box set yet? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:10 am

Dont get it yet, It is a loooong way to Sweden.
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 6:41 am

Brooklyn Bomber wrote:
Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
I got today the promotional copy that I requested after being asked whether I wanted it or not...
Yeah Jon, they promised me that promo too but I never received it...unfortunately.

BB Sad
That's odd, to be honest. I got mine also. Did you contact them back? I haven't gotten my box set yet, though.

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
Davidmk

Davidmk

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Thanks for all the Info Andi , how are the 4 45 speed lp's for quality ?? I bough the regular LP & it's pure junk , a real bummer Neutral
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:12 pm

No idea - don't own a turntable. Bought all the vinyl strictly for posterity/framing.
Back to top Go down
Davidmk

Davidmk

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:32 pm

Andi wrote:
No idea - don't own a turntable. Bought all the vinyl strictly for posterity/framing.

aha !~ thanks for the reply , was hoping to see if this sounded good , I wanted Vinyl & bought the regular LP & it came all scratched etc. & it seems they are all like that .....
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:15 am

Andi wrote:
Bought all the vinyl strictly for posterity/framing.

Hi Andi,

what a cool idea. Is it possible to see a pic how you manage this?

This afternoon i`m goona pick up my edition at the local customs office... cheers
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:19 am

Davidmk wrote:
Andi wrote:

aha !~ thanks for the reply , was hoping to see if this sounded good , I wanted Vinyl & bought the regular LP & it came all scratched etc. & it seems they are all like that .....

Webby got a vinyl LP. I heard nothing bad.

Webby?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:51 am

Hey Brooklyn Boomer,
you finally got hold of that promo copy??
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:57 am

Davidmk wrote:
Andi wrote:

I got my vinyl copy two days ago, haven't gotten around to listening to it yet, though... I can't recall any flaws on my "Ignition" or "Rockabilly Riot" vinyls, but maybe they're not printed at the same factory?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next