Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!

Go down 
+9
gretschoholic
Davidmk
WildCat
sidelake bob
Brooklyn Bomber
talldave
Brett
steb74
Andi
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 6:49 pm

Brett wrote:
Is it possible to see a pic how you manage this?

I'll give ya two!

I bought one o' these in a frame shop....

SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 DSC_2557

And slid the front cover inside the inner plastic holder thingy - the back cover sits freely in front of the inner plastic holder thingy, like so....

SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 DSC_2556

Hopefully that makes sense. Of course others may choose to display the other side Wink

I haven't framed the 45's - I think I'll leave the box set intact.
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:37 am

Wow,

thanks Andi for showing the pics.
Looks very good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 2:32 am

Hey folks!!
I've just got my SFLA box!! And I must admit that I said when we got the news, that it was kind of a rip off.... I was completely mistaken. IT'S A FU**** GEM!!!! It really worths the money. Everything has carefully been designed, it's a must... though I couldn't find the guitar picks... however, I got a 68 CBS press photo of 2001 instead - and within the same package, there was the pictured LP.

I am honestly speechless. Haven't been speechless for getting a Brian Setzer album in ages.... and that was when I got the Japanese edition to Guitar Slinger and the promotional single Pep Pep Pepsi / Sexy Sexy.

BTW, does anybody know if there are LP sleeves specially for LP boxes???
I wouldn't like to have to keep SFLA box set in an ordinary paper/plastic bag...
Back to top Go down
Davidmk

Davidmk

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:06 pm

gretschoholic wrote:
Davidmk wrote:
Andi wrote:
No idea - don't own a turntable. Bought all the vinyl strictly for posterity/framing.

aha !~ thanks for the reply , was hoping to see if this sounded good , I wanted Vinyl & bought the regular LP & it came all scratched etc. & it seems they are all like that .....

I got my vinyl copy two days ago, haven't gotten around to listening to it yet, though... I can't recall any flaws on my "Ignition" or "Rockabilly Riot" vinyls, but maybe they're not printed at the same factory?

It seems over the last year Vinyl quality has gone down a bit , many of the Verve label , blue note label & capitol records stuff has been average pressings I am guessing due to people buying new vinyl over the past few years & an 80% increase in sales they can not keep up & qulity suffers , overseas pressed Vinyl is stil, great quality , maybe as they seemed to keep pressing & never really stopped as much as the U.S. did .

Quote :
BTW, does anybody know if there are LP sleeves specially for LP boxes???
I wouldn't like to have to keep SFLA box set in an ordinary paper/plastic bag...

Slim jon are you looking for like heavy Poly-bag type sleeve ?? they do make them for multi lp sets as i've seen them in record stores in boston on their used stuff .

Try here , i know they used to sell like 50 for $20

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 7:55 am

David,
aye, I'm looking for those ones... but as I only need one, I think I'll keep Lonely Ave in an ordinary plastic bag until I can show it off sumwhere!!
Back to top Go down
Davidmk

Davidmk

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 2:27 pm

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
David,
aye, I'm looking for those ones... but as I only need one, I think I'll keep Lonely Ave in an ordinary plastic bag until I can show it off sumwhere!!

Yeh maybe a local record store can sell you a one off , or get a cool display case ..
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:34 pm

I went a bit nuts with the multi-tracks tonight. Between the song and the audio editing and the photography and Le Setz and pretending like I can sing, I have been totally geeking out for the last several hours. The only way I could have more fun is if Brian was actually sitting in my living room. It'll take me a couple thousand more tries before I can sing worth a damn, but it was too much fun not to give it a shot. I hope someone who has some real talent will try their hand at playing or singing with Brian!!

sunny

Back to top Go down
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 12:00 am

Andi ,that was great. That multi track box set must be so much fun. Aint technology wonderful.
I havent got the album yet cause it aint available in the shops here yet and I cant order it online for financial reasons. Your video was cool too. cheers
Back to top Go down
Davidmk

Davidmk

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:41 pm

Andi , that's pretty awesome !! sounds like your having a blast with those tracks , very cool indeed !
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:54 pm

Very nice job Andi!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:56 am

I got my set today....

AWESOME, FANTASTIC!!!!!!
GREAT SET, worth every cent!

I`m just starting my 1st multi-track session (thx Andi for your link and advise)...

Thank you to Surfdog, great Job.
Thank you Mr. Setzer, great music, awesome artwork, this is a fantastic album,

i don`t know more words...excuse me.

Brett
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:55 am

Wow..these Multi-Tracks are so cool...
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:08 pm

Brett, I'm glad you're having fun with 'em! Can't wait to hear what you produce!

I did another duet. Didn't have time or enough material to do a proper slideshow. The sound quality on this one is a bit better, didn't monkey with the files quite as much. (May re-mix "Dimes" accordingly when time permits.)

I do not do either of these songs justice in the slightest, but again, it's too much fun not to give it a shot. And this is just motivation to practice more!

sunny
Back to top Go down
steb74

steb74

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:23 pm

Why, oh why couldn't these be released as a product in their own right or at least as part of a deluxe cd package .......Sad
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:57 pm

Andi wrote:
Brett, I'm glad you're having fun with 'em! Can't wait to hear what you produce!

I did another duet. Didn't have time or enough material to do a proper slideshow. The sound quality on this one is a bit better, didn't monkey with the files quite as much. (May re-mix "Dimes" accordingly when time permits.)

I do not do either of these songs justice in the slightest, but again, it's too much fun not to give it a shot. And this is just motivation to practice more!

sunny

Hey great, Andi....that´s cool
. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I just figured out how to handle all these files and i found the right software.
I won´t sing but maybe playing a bit with the rhythm section... Cool

normally i try not to copy, but this time i am a

Multi-Track-a-Billy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 3:34 am

BTW my friends,
all of you who already got the special box, have you noticed whether the 12" sleeves are properly glued??? Mines are not well glued and even one of them was unglued when I opened the box so that I had to do it by myself... and other thing... has any of you the guitar picks ????? I don't have them, though I must say that Surfdog added a 68 CBS press photo, but I don't know whether this is to compensate the lack of picks or just because they had some extra....
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 4:33 am

Yes, i got 2 picks.
3 nice new photos and a photo of Brian from NFBD (black & white in front of the Hot Rod)...
No Glue problems yet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 4:55 am

Oh, lucky you!!!

Do you want to trade the Nitro pic for the 68 CBS??? I already have this one...
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 5:09 am

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
Oh, lucky you!!!

Do you want to trade the Nitro pic for the 68 CBS??? I already have this one...

mmh...why not. can i see sample before?
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 9:15 am

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
BTW my friends,
all of you who already got the special box, have you noticed whether the 12" sleeves are properly glued??? Mines are not well glued and even one of them was unglued when I opened the box so that I had to do it by myself... and other thing... has any of you the guitar picks ????? I don't have them, though I must say that Surfdog added a 68 CBS press photo, but I don't know whether this is to compensate the lack of picks or just because they had some extra....

I need to glue my 12" sleeves to. Guitarpicks .. My was in the multitracks sleeve, Look there Jon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 4:33 am

Honestly folks, I don't have the picks!!
I've searched over and over again inside the 12", the LP, the sleeves, the envelope and inside the multitracks CD... no trace of them. To be honest, 2 guitar picks are not going to ruin me enjoying the box, but since they were offered, I don't see the point why I shouldn't get them... Do you think I should write to Surfodg asking for a couple of extra pics???
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 5:26 pm

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
Honestly folks, I don't have the picks!!
I've searched over and over again inside the 12", the LP, the sleeves, the envelope and inside the multitracks CD... no trace of them. To be honest, 2 guitar picks are not going to ruin me enjoying the box, but since they were offered, I don't see the point why I shouldn't get them... Do you think I should write to Surfdog asking for a couple of extra pics???

Yes. You should always get everything as advertised, especially at that price.
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:52 am

Said and done... I've just written them... let's see if I can get hold of the two picks!

Brett, danke for the trade!
Back to top Go down
matt

matt

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 4:22 pm

Andi wrote:
I went a bit nuts with the multi-tracks tonight. Between the song and the audio editing and the photography and Le Setz and pretending like I can sing, I have been totally geeking out for the last several hours. The only way I could have more fun is if Brian was actually sitting in my living room. It'll take me a couple thousand more tries before I can sing worth a damn, but it was too much fun not to give it a shot. I hope someone who has some real talent will try their hand at playing or singing with Brian!!

sunny

Andi this is great your havin fun good clean fun I wish I had the gut's to do this
It's great yeah do more I enjoyed that
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 9:09 pm

matt wrote:
Andi this is great your havin fun good clean fun I wish I had the gut's to do this
It's great yeah do more I enjoyed that

Hey thanks Matt I'm glad you liked 'em! No more from me though, two is already two too many Very Happy I really hope some of the other folks 'round here give it a go though - it is definitely a whole buncha fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!   SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SFLA Deluxe Box, picture disc... MULTI TRACKS!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next