Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!

Go down 
+26
pony65k
Fabdad
gretschoholic
Brent
I'm Incinerator
tvthewiredturtle
Kid Setzer
badkitty
t.man
Pistol Pete
johnnykool327
lonesomecat
Hot Rod Girl
Spanishdavid
brucie68
peeteycat
Aussie_Sam
webelvis
Madman
sidelake bob
Budgie
Twenty Flight Rick
donpepe
scatcatcnut
Guitarmaniac
Tommy Maguire
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
t.man

Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:02 pm

Hey TM,

Welcome back. Did the winery thing again last month. Missed you again.

Anyone on this board who plans to visit San Jose CA can send me a PM and the first round is on me.

The other TM
Back to top Go down
badkitty

badkitty

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:24 am

Hey Tommy! Great to see ya here. I don't stop in too often myself anymore. We're going on very lean hard times right now like lots of folks. What's that old saying? When the going gets tough, the tough get going! Here we go here we go! May this New Year bring grace and good fortune to us all, and our brethren around the world. Peace. I love you
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:14 pm

Pistol Pete wrote:
Hey Tommy!!
How goes ? By the looks of things great! i'll be in the States August/Sept, who's buying first round?
Cheers from Oz, Pete

You better be taking me with you Pete! Razz

Hey Guitarmaniac, in Sydney there is this cool Bavarian Restaurant called 'Lowenbrau' (I think that's a popular brand of Beer over there). Anyway it's really cool, my boyfriend likes it because of what the waitresses wear:

Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Lowenbrau%201%20RZ

If you went there you'd probably think it was so lame, a very stereotypical view of Germany... much like the Outback Steakhouse chains in America Razz hehe anyway here's the link to the Lowenbrau website http://www.lowenbrau.com.au/index.html

I'm saying all of this because I was there a few days ago and thought of you...

Oh, hey Tommy Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 6:25 pm

Guitarmaniac wrote:
notice the lighter yellow in the upper glass?
Thats "Tegernseer Hell", meaning that it's lighter than the strong "Starkbier" that was the original form of beer. But still not nearly as light as your american beer!
The darker one is "Tegernseer Spezial" meaning that it's the most "luxurious" and expensive beer you can get from the brewery "Hofbräuhaus Tegernsee"!

dont mess with our 'merKun beer now! You havent had
oaked Arrogant Bastard. Das ist gut beeruh for yooou Herr Chris!!
Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 OAKEDpic

ps.. hi Tommy.. you two stop talkin back and forth
about bacon!! its a "Bacon to bacon time space continuem"
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 am

Kid Setzer wrote:
Pistol Pete wrote:
Hey Tommy!!
How goes ? By the looks of things great! i'll be in the States August/Sept, who's buying first round?
Cheers from Oz, Pete

You better be taking me with you Pete! Razz

Hey Guitarmaniac, in Sydney there is this cool Bavarian Restaurant called 'Lowenbrau' (I think that's a popular brand of Beer over there). Anyway it's really cool, my boyfriend likes it because of what the waitresses wear:

Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Lowenbrau%201%20RZ

If you went there you'd probably think it was so lame, a very stereotypical view of Germany... much like the Outback Steakhouse chains in America Razz hehe anyway here's the link to the Lowenbrau website http://www.lowenbrau.com.au/index.html

I'm saying all of this because I was there a few days ago and thought of you...

Oh, hey Tommy Razz

Haha; I also like what the waitresses wear^^
But if you ever come to munich DON'T make the mistake to drink Löwenbräu beer!
It's about the worst beer you can drink in munich compared to other beers^^
Better drink some "Augustiner"!
But still if I was craving German beer in Australia I'd even drink Löwenbräu...

@Tavo:
Yeah, I haven't had the stuff from all those micro brewers that seem to pop up in the usa but I've had enough of all the beer you can buy in supermarkets like budweiser and so on.
And those beers really taste like nothing compared to what I'm used to.
"American beer is like having sex in a canoe. F*ckin close to water^^!"
Well at least the stuff from the big companies...

The stuff you posted almost looks like guinness, does it taste like it?
Because I don't like guinnes, I prefer snakebite^^

Man I really sound like a beersnob scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:41 pm

Guitarmaniac wrote:

But if you ever come to munich DON'T make the mistake to drink Löwenbräu beer!
It's about the worst beer you can drink in munich compared to other beers^^
Better drink some "Augustiner"!
But still if I was craving German beer in Australia I'd even drink Löwenbräu...

Haha yeah someone told me that Lowenbrau beer in Germany is like Fosters beer in Australia - tastes like crap! But I don't drink beer so it all tastes bad to me Razz
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 5:21 pm

Guitarmaniac wrote:

Nah.. Its a robust amber ale with this apple-oaky bite to it!
ps. Beer from the grocery store is only to get wasted on and it is
"canoe" beer. I am a beer snob too and when I have to slum I
can say I am quite happy with a corona..but if I can afford it hotdamn
I'm gettin me some REAL beer.
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 2:13 am

It started with T.M. jumpin in and now it is beer everywhere! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 3:44 am

sidelake bob wrote:
It started with T.M. jumpin in and now it is beer everywhere! Shocked

Tommy and beer go hand in hand Razz
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:17 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Guitarmaniac wrote:

Guiness has become a special occasion beer, because I only like to have one every once in a while. I usually enjoy Harp, Sam Adams or a brown ale of some variety. When I slum it, it's busch light, coors light, or tecate.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:36 am

I'm Incinerator wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Guitarmaniac wrote:

Guiness has become a special occasion beer, because I only like to have one every once in a while. I usually enjoy Harp, Sam Adams or a brown ale of some variety. When I slum it, it's busch light, coors light, or tecate.

I went to a backyard party and all they had was bud lite or tecate, since it is "canoe" beer I found that bud lite can be enjoyable when consuming
large quantities of tostadas with tabasco. but only under that circumstance! Cool
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:59 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

I can say I am quite happy with a corona..but if I can afford it hotdamn
Corona is good, way better than even some German beers!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:32 am

Sorry to steer things away from beer...I really am, being Canadian and all, but:

You know...I'm generally not one to complain, and with all due respect to whomever is running it now, but is posting someone's homemade video set to Setzer songs really worth posting on your official site...seriously? Tommy....you will always be missed by those of us lucky enough to remember the "good old days"...
Back to top Go down
http://tigersharks.ca
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:46 am

Brent wrote:
You know...I'm generally not one to complain, and with all due respect to whomever is running it now, but is posting someone's homemade video set to Setzer songs really worth posting on your official site...seriously? Tommy....you will always be missed by those of us lucky enough to remember the "good old days"...

2 words of caution:
Yoko Ono
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:15 pm

Tavo...I'm not on the inside to know what that means specifically but I laughed at the referance none the less...I just calls 'em as I sees 'em...
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:29 pm

Brent wrote:
Tavo...I'm not on the inside to know what that means specifically but I laughed at the referance none the less...I just calls 'em as I sees 'em...

hey.. to be safe let it be known I have NO idea what goes and who does what.. this is a fan site and we have nothing to do with any shadow like characters hovering over Lennon..
clown clown clown
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:42 am

Hey Brent,
Thanks for the nice words. Great times indeed. Recently, I was looking through some CDs of photos I took during the decade that I worked with Brian. The original site (and all variations of it) is saved on the discs I was reviewing. For the heck of it, I spent a few minutes looking at the main page and the various other pages I created. Man.....that was a lot of work, but I gotta say, it looked AMAZING. Bright colors, easy to navigate, killer exclusive photos and info. Contests....DAILY updates...such a blast to have been the captain of that ship.

To be honest.....I've checked out the current site a couple of times. My opinion is best kept tp myself really. Makes me wonder sometimes if all my effort was worth it. I mean, what was the point of doing all I did if what's up there now is acceptable? That's no reflection on how I feel about Brian or his career, but if I was a fan, I'd be disappointed by the current site.

Anyway....it's a new deacade with new "fans" turned representatives or whatever. I had a blast during "my" time and nothing will ever erase the good memories.

It's all about the music,
T
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 3:31 am

Tommy Maguire wrote:
[...] but if I was a fan, I'd be disappointed by the current site.

I feel so too, the page is just boring, wish it was still as cool, as in the good old days!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 5:32 am

The old site was a 'must visit' every day - I almost never visit the new site - it just seems like a waste of time - everything seems so 'corporate' and sanitised. Tommy - your site was my first visit everyday on my lunch hour at work - I think you spoiled us for all that would follow though!!
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 5:39 am

Thanks scatcatcnut! hey, do they still do Q&A's over there? During the tour, were there set lists and photos and stuff? Not trying to stir anything up, just curious.
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:20 am

No Q&A, and hardly any news updates. I very rarely visit that site anymore for the same reasons previously mentioned. One thing we miss was the recording studio updates. I remember when Brian was recording Rockabilly Riot and seeing those pics - kinda made me feel included! The old site was great for energizing the fan base!
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:28 am

I remember posting photos from the Riot sessions moments after they were taken. Great use of technology. One of my favorite memories...ever....was uploading info about Brian being nominated for one of the Grammys (My Favorite Things, maybe?) from backstage at the Ryman in Nashville in December 2006 (or was it 2007?). While I was typing "BSO NOMINATED...." a voice behind me said, "Ahhh, so this is how the world finds out about these things..." I turned around and Duane Eddy was standing behind me. Unreal. I will never forget that. Brian is responsible for so many amazing memories in my silly little life.

And then there was the Robert Plant story....lol
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:35 am

I read bs.com updates from here. The q & a's were great fun, tommy!
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:43 am

Hahaha! MOST of the time anyway! LOL!!
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:31 am

Robert Plant story?? Fill us in Tommy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next