Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

3 Humbucker guitars

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chunkymac

3 Humbucker guitars Empty
PostSubject: 3 Humbucker guitars   3 Humbucker guitars Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:45 am

I know this is probably not the best place to ask but i get better advice from here than any other guitar based forums.
Right am half way through customising my prs se, and was wondering in a 3 humbucker guitar is the middle pickup a neck or bridge spec pickup???
This is gonna be one rocking guitar when its done, have already fitted locking heads, delrin nut, replaced the bridge with a tunamatic, fitted a tv jones bridge pickup and bare knuckles P90 in the neck. just about to fit a bigsby (when i decide which model will be best)
so just gotta get another tv jones for the middle(will be closer to the neck than dead middle) and i think it will be ready for a bit of hot rod paint job.
This thing is gonna rock and im not gonna be scared to play out with it like i am with my gretsch
Back to top Go down
The Squirrel

The Squirrel

3 Humbucker guitars Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Humbucker guitars   3 Humbucker guitars Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 7:52 pm

chunkymac wrote:
I know this is probably not the best place to ask but i get better advice from here than any other guitar based forums.
Right am half way through customising my prs se, and was wondering in a 3 humbucker guitar is the middle pickup a neck or bridge spec pickup???
This is gonna be one rocking guitar when its done, have already fitted locking heads, delrin nut, replaced the bridge with a tunamatic, fitted a tv jones bridge pickup and bare knuckles P90 in the neck. just about to fit a bigsby (when i decide which model will be best)
so just gotta get another tv jones for the middle(will be closer to the neck than dead middle) and i think it will be ready for a bit of hot rod paint job.
This thing is gonna rock and im not gonna be scared to play out with it like i am with my gretsch

I own a three pickup Heritage (very Les Paulish) and this one has two bridge pickups. I have, however, seen two necks. I know that isn't much of an answer, but I have seen both ways.

I think my favorite way I have seen the middle pickup wired in was to have the bridge and neck wired as they always are and just have the middle pickup always on but on a volume knob and not run to the switch. I think that is the Frampton wiring if memory serves. What I found so cool about it was that you always had the standard double humbucker thing going with the switch and you could blend in the special middle pickup on special occasions.

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down

3 Humbucker guitars
Page 1 of 1