Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!

Go down 
+4
Guitarmaniac
sidelake bob
Brent
Andi
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Empty
PostSubject: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:01 am

Check Broussard's website to see which dates he's supporting Isaak. This summer concert season is gonna kill me, financially!!!

http://www.marcbroussard.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 4:09 am

Chris Isaak Rocks!!!
I finally got the tickets to see him here in Valladolid, Spain, on his second night of his 8 date Spanish Tour!!! It's going to be wicked!!! A nice theatre, some 1000 people only, relaxed.... some beer and some RnR!!!!

To all the Elvis fans...
THE KING WASN'T BORN TILL CHRIS ISAAK CAME TO THIS WORLD!!! ;-)
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 7:13 am

Oh Jon...I love Chris Isaak too but without Elvis, I'm afraid Chris might not be who he is today...
Back to top Go down
http://tigersharks.ca
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 1:06 pm

Chris Isaak live in Stockholm, Only 22 hours to go! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:45 pm

Ohhh yeah Sidelake!!!
for me, 25 days ;-)
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:12 am

Outstanding show! Here is the setlist.

Lonely with a broken heart
Dancin
Two hearts
Somebodys crying
Love me tender
I want your love
Cheters town
Speak of the devil
Wicked game
Go walking down there
Best I ever had
One day
Big wide wonderful world
Worked it out wrong
We lost our way
Take my heart
Dont leave me on my own
Western stars
You dont cry like I do
Baby did a bad bad thing

Extras

Blue hotel
San francisko days
Oh, Pretty woman
Blues stay away from me
Blue spanish sky

Extras 2!

Bonnie B
Goin nowhere

Photos http://www.rockfoto.nu/artists/Chris%20Isaak/gig/20100601/12777/photos
Photos by Björn Bergenheim
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:25 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 4:23 am

Wowaahhh!!!
Thanks for the set list mate!!

I'm looking forward to seeing him soon. I've just miss "American Boy" and "San Franciso Days", but the set looks promising!!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:01 am

sidelake bob wrote:
Big wide wonderful world
Blues stay away from me
Goin nowhere

Holy cow, I'd have paid just to hear these three! What a great setlist. Gawd I wanna see him again.
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:48 am

I just watched some Isaak clips on utube. What I heard doesn't really move me. maybe I watched the wrpng clips!? Can anyone post some typical Isaak tunes that show why so many people like him so much? Like Rock this Town or Jump Jive & Wail for Setzer.
I really don't wanna get fooled by my first impression by some youtibe clips
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
christopher

christopher

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 1:38 pm

First two albums. Silvertone & Chris Isaak.
Back to top Go down
christopher

christopher

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 1:39 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 7:56 am

Hey Guitarmaniac,
Chris Isaak is a living legend!! He really rocks and his shows are wonderful but yeah, sometimes some of his tunes might sound a bit, slow, not very exciting.
Nonetheless... here is my list for you:

American Boy
Beautiful Homes
Best I Ever Had
King Without A Castle
Don't Make Me Dream About You
Wicked Game
Blue Hotel
You Owe Me Some Kind Of Love
Wonderin'
San Francisco Days
Speak Of The Devil
Baby Did A Bad Bad Thing
I Want You To Want Me ( * Cheap Trick cover)
Let's Have A Party
Please

There are quite a few more but these ones are the cuts I like best.

Spanish David should come over here and give us a lesson on Chris... he really likes his stuff and he's met him once or twice as far as I can recall
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 7:19 am

Isaak is the real deal.

I had just written a long post arguing about it, but I fucked it up and deleted it accidentally, and don´t want to re-type it again, but anyway, give a listen to these records:

# Silvertone (1985)
# Chris Isaak (1987)
# Heart Shaped World (1989)
# San Francisco Days (1993)
# Forever Blue (1995)

and feel Isaak´s magic.

He is playing in my town (Valencia-Spain) in 3 weeks... and guess who is going to be his personal assitant here affraid
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 7:20 am

Brent wrote:
Oh Jon...I love Chris Isaak too but without Elvis, I'm afraid Chris might not be who he is today...

Don´t forget Roy Orbison´s influence on Isaak either.
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 7:24 am

I hear Orbison more than anyone else as an influence on Chris Isaak. My favorite Isaak tracks are Wicked Game, and I believe it's called Somebody's Lyin'. Great melody and falsetto.
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 7:32 am

There are two different decades in Isaak´s music:

With James Calvin Wilsey on guitar.
Without James Calvin Wilsey on guitar.

The first one, to me, is the best. Chris had a unique and different sound with James´guitar.

His actual sound is awesome, but is more "average", sounding like any other band could sound.

99% of the tunes that most of the "not fans" remember are the ones with James Wilsey playing. His sound contributed to who Isaak is.

It´s like Elvis.... with Scotty Moore and without Scotty Moore. Great artist, but totally different style/sound. With Chris Isaak I notice the same.
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 7:38 am

Chris Isaak covering a Neil Diamond´s classic. It´s amazing, cause this is one of those cases when the cover is better than the original:

Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 7:41 am

Twenty Flight Rick wrote:
I hear Orbison more than anyone else as an influence on Chris Isaak. My favorite Isaak tracks are Wicked Game, and I believe it's called Somebody's Lyin'. Great melody and falsetto.

Somebody´s Crying

Great song from his "Forever Blue" cd

Also, to Guitarmaniac to get more into the "rockin" Isaak:

Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 8:17 am

Spanishdavid wrote:
and guess who is going to be his personal assitant here affraid

Shocked I just died of envy. David, that is incredible!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:27 am

So i listened to all the clips you posted here, I found some stuff I really like, especially I want you to want me is great. But I can't really get into his ballads and slower songs. He is very talented, but his stuff is not for me ;-)
But at least now I can understand why you guys like him.
I think if he did some stuff more in the country direction I'd like his music more, could be similar to the Mavericks/Raul Malo...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 10:41 am

Okay, this gives me an excuse some of my favorite rockers:

From the newest record, Mr Lonely Man:

Notice the Ring (this clip shows a bit of his on stage personality too, which is hilarious):

American Boy:

Diddley Daddy:

Goin' Nowhere, with the great line "you're the kind of girl that looks better naked!"
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:14 am

I already knew I was completely in love with these two, but jeez....

Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 1:08 pm

Thank you David! Forever Blue is the only Isaak cd I've owned. I gotta dig that thing up...
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 2:13 pm

That´s ok Guitarmaniac. I understand lots of "rockabillys" don´t like Chris Isaak much, since he is more "melodic" and less agressive, but it´s all good. At least you can appreciate good music.

One thing about Chris is, you can tell every musician in his band is important, and all of them feel like they are. Yes, Chris is the star and the center of attention, but I think that´s just for us (the fans). Among them, they all have lots of respect for each other, and it doesn´t seem to me like none of them feels like he is there just to feel the spot; they all seem to be real happy with what they do. Needless to say, that except for Hershel, the rest of them have been there pretty much since the beginning.

I´ve met Chris Isaak before, in 3 times, and he is a really great guy.

The first time I met him it was in the streets, he was walkinig with a girlfriend of his, and his drummer. He was very natural and didn´t act like the typical rock star. This is 1995, and the picture is terrible, but it´s a great memory. We were talking for a very long time, specially cause there was no one else in the street but us. It was hours before his gig in my town.

Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! 30297_10150188982235643_744280642_12235743_7835574_n

To me, he reminds me Lee Rocker´s personality. They are the kind of guys who trully appreciate their fans, and love talking to them and listening to them. They are "people´s people" if you know what I mean.

I´m honest when I say I like his previous stuff way better than the new recordings, but I will always support this man and his music. I grew up listening to him and the Stray Cats, and my brother (a heavy metal fan) always asked me: If you had to pick just one, which one would you listen to? I never had an answer. To me, both were always sharing Number 1 (with Elvis´ respect).

Well, here´s one of those songs that, if listened at the right place, with the right person, will give you what you are looking for lol!

(by the way, that´s James Calvin Wilsey on lead guitar)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next