Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rockabilly Music

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
55Caddy

55Caddy

Rockabilly Music Empty
PostSubject: Rockabilly Music   Rockabilly Music Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:25 pm

Okay, so now I know what rockabilly artists to listen to. My next question is: Where do you guys find their material? Do you have sheet music? Or do you tab it out? Can you give me some pointers on the actual 'music'. My guitar teacher does blues and jazz, so I think he can get me started. But for the real-deal rockabilly stuff, I figured I'd ask some people who play straight rockabilly guitar. If you guys do transcribe it, do you try to do it note for note? or do you get something close? I just started "trying" to transcribe. Mostly early Sun stuff. I'd be extremly grateful if you guys could try to guide me in my quest of rockabilly guitar.
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

Rockabilly Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rockabilly Music   Rockabilly Music Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 4:31 am

I listen to the cds and try to figure it out. Then I just practice it until I have it up in my head. I only write down chords for my bandmembers...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
rockabillylaker

Rockabilly Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rockabilly Music   Rockabilly Music Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:17 am

Start from where it all started. Gene Vincent, Eddie Cochran etc. Most of those songs are pretty easy to transcribe since they follow the prototypical I,IV,V progression. Sometimes I feel like I'm in over my head when I try to learn a Setzer song so, I go back to those artists I mentioned and try to learn those first to get a feel for it.

I HIGHLY recommend that when you are learning a song, play it from Windows Media or any other audio software and slow down the track to hear it note for note. Trust me, it helps a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rockabilly Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rockabilly Music   Rockabilly Music Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rockabilly Music
Page 1 of 1