Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board

Go down 
+12
Rickabilly
Spanishdavid
Patrick
CAFeathers
FrenchyCat
Kiki
Le Hub'
Hot Rod Girl
johnnykool327
enjay07
gretschkat57
ScottS
16 posters
AuthorMessage
ScottS
ScottS

Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board   Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 7:08 pm

It was so sad to see an empty board after all the years here. Its like moving to a brand new home and seeing all the rooms empty.

But as we all register and move our furniture in, it will start feeling like home again.

I will start up the fireplace and put out the beer, whiskey and hot totties and offer everyone a welcoming drink as you enter our new home.

Enjoy and make yourself comfortable

and lets talk about stuff we all have interest in...

its all about the music.
Back to top Go down
gretschkat57

gretschkat57

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board   Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:35 pm

I'm glad to see the board back. The HDVDL is much stronger than any freakin' hacker. Thanks for bringing it back again. Even if we do have to start over, the heart of the board and what we are all here for remains the same.

I don't give up easy, either.

Many thanks to Mandi, Scott and the Moderators for all their hard work.

cat
Sue
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board   Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:51 pm

Thanks to all who work to keep this site up & running. Your efforts are greatly appreciated by all who use the board, and those who just read to keep up on the latest "happenings!" Cheers!
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board   Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:06 pm

This just in...

After all these years, after several re-designs, Mandi still manages to kick a whole lot of ass when she doesn't need to.

Mandi, for all that you do for the fans, thanks.

Your best friend.

Johnny Kool Three Twenty Seven
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board   Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 5:30 am

Who would've thought that tripping over a simple little power cord would have these long lasting effects?

I'll take a hot toddie, please.

Thanks for fixing the house! I like what you guys did with the place.
hrg
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board   Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 5:41 am

Thanks a lot to you all to be back. It's such a pleasure to be here !!
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board   Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 7:20 am

The new board looks great! We'll have it looking like home in no time!

Keep up the good work and don't let 'em get you down!
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board   Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 8:26 am

Choochoohothub wrote:
Thanks a lot to you all to be back. It's such a pleasure to be here !!

Hey my friend, it's good to read your post again Wink

FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down
CAFeathers
CAFeathers

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board   Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 9:02 am

Lookin' Good!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board   Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 9:16 am

I was almost in panic!
Where to go...!
Shocked
Glad we're all back!
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board   Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 3:27 pm

Thanks for all the hard work to you all.

Let´s look at the positive side of having a new forum.... this one has some different icons. affraid What a Face albino Basketball bounce scratch lol!
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board   Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 4:50 pm

I guess a lot of people are going to have to recreate some of the information threads that are now missing. Looks like Rickabilly can really smoke that keyboard of his with all of the great reviews that he likes to do.
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board   Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 9:23 pm

I think I may take the board crashing as a sign. I must have written literally millions of words on the last two forums, and now they're gone forever. In my declining old age, I relied on some of the more personal posts to serve as a something of a journal to help me fight off the arrival of the Alzheimer's that's so prevalent in my family. Now, it's like none of it ever happened... Was it a profound waste of time?

Obviously, it's not just me that was affected by it. So many of you shared so much - TV practically had a luthier's manual tied up in the Cave. And there were plenty of folks lurking around this place using the search function religiously, perhaps as a reference guide, or possibly to see if I had my story straight. Rolling Eyes I know that search function definitely made me seem a little smarter once in awhile thanks to the treasure trove of information on the board.

I'm glad to have the board back up and running. But as Ed Grimley once said, "This is a pain that will linger..."

Writer's Cramp-a-billy
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board   Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 9:41 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
I think I may take the board crashing as a sign. I must have written literally millions of words on the last two forums, and now they're gone forever. In my declining old age, I relied on some of the more personal posts to serve as a something of a journal to help me fight off the arrival of the Alzheimer's that's so prevalent in my family. Now, it's like none of it ever happened... Was it a profound waste of time?

Obviously, it's not just me that was affected by it. So many of you shared so much - TV practically had a luthier's manual tied up in the Cave. And there were plenty of folks lurking around this place using the search function religiously, perhaps as a reference guide, or possibly to see if I had my story straight. Rolling Eyes I know that search function definitely made me seem a little smarter once in awhile thanks to the treasure trove of information on the board.

I'm glad to have the board back up and running. But as Ed Grimley once said, "This is a pain that will linger..."

Writer's Cramp-a-billy
It was not a waste of time, let alone a profound one. Losing the board, while a travesty in and of itself, is not a sign. Or if it is, its only one of the idiocy of those on the 'net with nothing better to do than make a nuisance of themselves.

Wait! We have a search function? *whistles tunelessly and looks at the ceiling...*

Man...I'm gonna miss that angelic smilie...

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board   Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 8:22 pm

pssst... rick, etc all...

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

sunny
C

ps... i love the new avatar, mr. rick!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board   Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:37 pm

Thanks for that wayback machine, Cori. I haven't figured out quite how to use it the way I want, but it is pretty freakin' cool.

Eat Drums-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board   Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 7:14 am

Chillicat wrote:
pssst... rick, etc all...

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

sunny
C

ps... i love the new avatar, mr. rick!!! Laughing

Wow! What a great find! Is it even possible that all of Rickabilly's words of wisdom still reside in archive heaven?
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board   Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 9:35 am

It does not appear so, but if anyone finds them, let me know. The Lee's Liquor Lounge show is getting a bit foggy in my memory, as is the re-telling of the 2005 BSO opener in Minneapolis, the journey to which included a stop at the Eddie Cochran exhibit in Albert Lea and the Holly-Valens-Bopper crash site in Clear Lake.

Either I find those posts, or undergo hypno-therapy to retrieve those memories.

On the other hand, it is sort of like getting a clean slate. I wonder if I could crash other moments in my life - say, 1992 perhaps?

Getting very sleepy... Suspect Sleep

Revisionist History-billy
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board   Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 9:45 am

The sooner you reconstruct some of those posts, the better.

Sit down in a comfy chair in a cozy room, get real comfortable, put your feet up, turn on the recorder...now close your eyes and let's take that trip down memory lane, whatdya say? Speak just a little louder so the mic picks everything up...yes...that's it. Let's start when you first heard the music...you know...Setzer...yes, that's it...Brian Setzer. Remember? You were....................................................
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board   Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 12:59 am

...mmmmm....when I'm here: https://hoodoovoodoolounge.darkbb.com/ how do I get back to: http://hoodoovoodoolounge.com/
I can't find a link. Or am I blind??
Question Question Question
Shoot me if I am...
Oh and if this post shows up somewhere else, I've posted it twice...
The first is gone somehow.
scratch
Back to top Go down
gorillabeat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board   Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 11:17 am

Hey. This is Derek AKA Radioclash from the old board.

I tried to re-register with radioclash here, but due to the background color of the email entry box, I could read what i was typing and mis-spelled my email address and messed it all up.

So now I'm here as gorillabeat.

Weeee.
Back to top Go down
Daddio

Daddio

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board   Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 5:17 am

Like "things that go "bump" in the night" only better! farao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board   Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the new HoodooVoodoo Lounge Board
Page 1 of 1