Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brian Setzer DVD - Red Hot

Go down 
+6
Twenty Flight Rick
Brett
gretschoholic
JC
Diggey
Patrick
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Diggey

Diggey

Brian Setzer DVD - Red Hot - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer DVD - Red Hot   Brian Setzer DVD - Red Hot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 3:28 pm

So I've been thinking about ordering a DVD or 3, and all of them are DVD-R. Can you explain to me what that actually means and why its not a desireable? Do they fade and die? Is it basically a copy and expensive or what? Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer DVD - Red Hot   Brian Setzer DVD - Red Hot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 3:41 am

Diggey,
from my point of view, there's nothing wrong with CD-R/DVD-R in the sense that quality is the same, BUT on the other hand, you can get a friend to make a copy for you, then do some artwork and that's it... and if you auction it on Ebay, you might be lucky enough to sell it, hehehe. The paper quality is different too, you know, you're not buying an "original" item but a copy.

It's as if you go to buy a CD to the record shop and they give you a CDR, with a shitty artwork and they charge you 20 bucks!!

If you get the silver/factory pressed CD/DVD, you have an "original" CD, a decent artwork and the same price as a CDR.

But that's obviously my point of view. Totally against CDRs, even the promotional versions to some albums (ex: Red Hot & Live, 2 track CD Rock Your World, etc)
Back to top Go down
Diggey

Diggey

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer DVD - Red Hot   Brian Setzer DVD - Red Hot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 6:03 am

Slim, thanks bro. I don't care if there isn't artwork at all, I jsut want the concert footage. So, thats what I figured but didn't want to buy them and have them fade like an old Tape or something.

Thanks, Diggey
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer DVD - Red Hot   Brian Setzer DVD - Red Hot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 9:08 am

JC wrote:
This was the Setzer DVD I bought on Ioffer:
Brian Setzer Live in Concert Woodstock 99 & Pittsburg 2002

2 must have concerts!!!

Yep, it`s a really good DVD.
Thanks JC.

Btw. there a three shows, 1x BSO, 2x Trio Shows,
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer DVD - Red Hot   Brian Setzer DVD - Red Hot - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 2:58 pm

Today I got this one:
STORM THE WORLD (Stray Cats)
Paris 1981
Rockpalast 1981
Sao Paulo 1990
+ BSO on TV (serveral Xmas songs)

I also have this one:
RANT N RAVE
Montreux 1981
Rockpalas 1983
NYC 1983

plus the Kool Kats (BSO + BSTrio!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer DVD - Red Hot   Brian Setzer DVD - Red Hot - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Setzer DVD - Red Hot
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2