Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
harryelsuciobcn

Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats Empty
PostSubject: Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats   Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:29 pm

Hello to all Stray Cats fan!

My name is Miquel and I live in Spain.

I'm a fan of Stray Cats from 25 years ago and I have all their records, cd's, and a lot of original photos, slides, dvd's, vhs's, etc.

My great treasure is a PLATINUM AWARD RIAA and the GOLD AWARD RIAA for RANT'N'RAVE. I love them !!!.

Now I'm searchin the original PLATINUM AWARD RIIA of "Built for Speed" and the original GOLD RECORD for "STRAY CATS" from Finland.

I do not know if anyone has these original awards to sell, but if anyone is interested in selling these awards please write me and tell me how much money you want for each one.

Well friends, if anyone is interested please write me a setzeritis6120@wanadoo.es

Merry Christmas!

queen Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats   Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 1:32 am

Glad to hear from you, Miquel!!
Back to top Go down
Jess

Jess

PostSubject: Re: Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats   Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:08 am

I got the GOLD AWARD RIIA of "Built for Speed" and the PLATINUM AWARD RIIA of "La Bamba".......

NOT FOR SALE Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.taggytones.dk

PostSubject: Re: Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats   Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 5:40 am

You lucky bitch ;-)

Wish I had just one, that would really make my collection stand out!
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats   Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:24 pm

Jess wrote:
I got the GOLD AWARD RIIA of "Built for Speed"...

WTF? Where did we sell that many albums?!?

lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats   Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 9:28 am

It might depend on how many copies are used for the designation
in each country.

I have a beautiful Gold Record Award from Holland for the first album (Stray Cats 1981)
and it's for 50,000 copies sold. My UK Gold Record Award for the same lp is for 100,000 copies.

Ooby Dooby!
Scatman

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats   Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 2:09 pm

Hey,
yes, Scatman is right. It depends on the amount of inhabitans in every country.

In Spain I think it's 50,000 for the Gold record and 300,000 for the Platinum... not sure with this last figure.
Back to top Go down
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats   Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:43 am

I stand open to correction on this but I think the Stray Cats first UK album sold 100,00 copies in the USA as an import. Perhaps someone could set the record straight on this ?
Back to top Go down
harryelsuciobcn

PostSubject: Re: Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats   Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 11:42 am

Hello! How are you?

This is Miquel from Barcelona, Spain.

I write you about the gold and platinum record award of Stray Cats.

Yesterday I have received a message from a shop. They told me that they have some gold and platinum records of Stray Cats but they aren't from Riaa.

They told me:

"They are AAM (American Academy of Music) awards, and are much more valuable than any RIAA award."

I would like to know your opinion about this.

The question is: Which are real or most valuable original awards for you. It's most important Riaa or AAM?.

Well friends, thanks for all and I hope your opinion soon.

Best regards,

Miquel.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats   Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 5:02 am

Hey,
I got the same message too!!!

I don't know which ones are most valuable, but sure they are priceless items!

If I had the money, I would definetely go for one of them. I don't mind having all of them, of course, but sure that one Gold Record would put the perfect touch to my collection!
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats   Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 2:55 pm

Until proven otherwise, as a collector I would stay away from any American record awards that is not RIAA. Be careful before you pay good money for something that is made to look like something it is not.

AAM and the others, in my opinion, are strictly for the memorabilia market. I have never been able to confirm what standing or role the AAM has in the music industry, but besides looking pretty the record awards are made to be sold to fans and collectors. They are not the real deal, and again, that's just my opinion.

If anybody has information to the contrary, we'd love to hear from you!

That's the kind of sugar...................
Scatman
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats   Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:11 am

Papa likes?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats   Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Original Gold and Platinum records Riaa Stray Cats
Page 1 of 1