Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brian Setzer - album guest appearances

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Brian Setzer - album guest appearances Empty
PostSubject: Brian Setzer - album guest appearances   Brian Setzer - album guest appearances Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Hello folks!

During these days, I am posting all the Brian Setzer album guest appearances in full detail: artist, year, album, song, album cover, and what Brian did on the track, and when available, a link to YouTube.

I know this information has always been, not hidden, but never organised properly. Hope this helps the fans ;-)

* Note: The 2-3 Stray Cats guest appearances will be posted later in time, once I've started with the Cats section.

Enjoy it,
Slim Jon
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer - album guest appearances   Brian Setzer - album guest appearances Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 3:53 am

That´s amazing, i just checked your site.
Fantastic work. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer - album guest appearances   Brian Setzer - album guest appearances Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 2:05 pm

Hello Brett,
I am happy that you like it ;-)

I am just going to update PART 3 !!!

Run devil run!!
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer - album guest appearances   Brian Setzer - album guest appearances Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 9:56 pm

Good job, Jon, very interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer - album guest appearances   Brian Setzer - album guest appearances Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 5:06 am

Kiitos, Don Pepe!

BTW, I am going to try to do a PDF document... though Blogspot doesn't allow to share documents through the blog thing, there's something called Google Docs, so, I'll try to work out how to provide a link for it so that everybody can have the document with the lyrics too!!

Once I finish the Guest Apperances, I'll post the Other Works (OST, mainly) and as soon as I receive "Christmas Comes Alive", I'll get it done too.

Thanks everybody for your support!
Back to top Go down
nietsk

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer - album guest appearances   Brian Setzer - album guest appearances Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 2:25 pm

Great list Jon! Really enjoyed reading it.
It made me look for records I never play.
To help you perfect it even further,
I think you mean Deep in the heart of nowhere by Bob Geldof.
How do you know it is Brian playing?

Thanx
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer - album guest appearances   Brian Setzer - album guest appearances Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 7:38 pm

The last time I read a Q & A from Brian where this question came up (what track did he work on with Geldof), even Brian couldn't remember. And your ears might not necessarily pick Brian out on the session work. Brian has proven he can be versatile enough to hide his "signature sound" when required. All you have to do is listen to the funky 70s-era Chicago stylings on "Take a Break, Guys" from Wolfgang to hear Brian hiding in plain sight.

Elsewhere in Jon's fabulous listing, there is Brian's assumed participation in "Clean-Cut Kid" from Bob Dylan's Empire Burlesque album. However, Brian isn't credited anywhere in the liner notes for the album, which details the musicians track-by-track. Possibly it could have been poor record-keeping by whomever was crediting the session work. Or maybe Brian wasn't paid for his time. Somewhere on this site, I did a little more digging on the various sessions for the Dylan album, which included members of the E Street Band. But no mention was made of Brian. Still, I believe Brian mentioned the track in an interview from around the time of the sessions, so maybe he worked on an earlier version that didn't make the final cut, like on Fastball's album. On the Fastball album, Brian was actually credited, despite appearing nowhere on the final version.

It can all get a little dizzying. But many thanks to Jon for taking the time to write it all down.

Session-billy
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer - album guest appearances   Brian Setzer - album guest appearances Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:22 pm

Slim Jon, your site just keeps getting better and better and it looks great. It is an amazing amount of effort and it is much appreciated. The more you dig around in there more you find.

Keep up the great work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer - album guest appearances   Brian Setzer - album guest appearances Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 3:02 pm

Once again, I can only say THANKS TO EVERYONE for your support!!

I've just finished uploading all the files with the lyrics too, so that if you want to sing those songs along (specially the English non-native speakers), just go to the BS collaboration you want, and below each album cover or information you'll see this: "Download Info & Lyrics". It will directly take you to Google Docs; it's open, you needn't be registered as Google user... and then, save it if you wish!!

Thanks to Scatman and Andi for their help with the lyrics... and also to a couple of Japanese guys who transcribed for me the Japanese lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer - album guest appearances   Brian Setzer - album guest appearances Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Setzer - album guest appearances
Page 1 of 1