Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th...

Go down 
+5
Kingsley16
Patrick
webelvis
Bobby Retro
ArtVandelay
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay

So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th... Empty
PostSubject: So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th...   So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:01 pm

Any tips from any guitarists out there who know what this is like? Is there any special trick to psyche myself into not being nervous? I am also playing Chet Atkins guitar arrangement of Don McLean's Vincent and Jeff's Boogie.
Back to top Go down
Bobby Retro

Bobby Retro

So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th...   So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:11 pm

Chew Gum, it worked for John Lennon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aestheticinteriors.com/sc/store.php?crn=252
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th...   So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 5:28 am

Just rehearse those Songs as long till you can play them sleeping, then you'll know, that you can play them, and nothing can make you a problem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th...   So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 8:04 am

Either they will throw tomatoos at you or you'll get a beer!!
Haha!
Just go there and do your stuff. That's what you end up doing in the future anyway.
You gotta start sometime.

Go Cat!
Back to top Go down
Kingsley16

Kingsley16

PostSubject: Re: So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th...   So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 1:22 pm

Bravo!! Bravo!! Patrick

I'll be working hard to get that good someday

Daniel
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th...   So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:09 am

ArtVandelay wrote:
Any tips from any guitarists out there who know what this is like? Is there any special trick to psyche myself into not being nervous? I am also playing Chet Atkins guitar arrangement of Don McLean's Vincent and Jeff's Boogie.

get in a fight with the drummer just before the show because he wont cut his stupid
hippie hair or stop listening to Angels and Airwaves. works all the time. Suspect

also....

find one person in the audience smiling and focus just on them, when you make
your first screw up of the evening just laugh with them and then say to yourself
"I'll teach you a tone lesson you'll never forget" and imagine all of their heads bursting
into flames the minute you grab hold of the bigsby!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th... Beavisfire
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th...   So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:45 am

Everyone else so far has given good advice. I don't have anything major to add except just try to relax and have fun and let things come naturally. After the first song, you'll settle in and things will seem easier. Good luck with the show.

By the way, about the audience, if anyone gets out of line, you can either take TV or Patrick's advice, or you can use my approach. I simply say those 3 magic words...

"SUMMON THE KRAKEN!"

Capt. Jones
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th...   So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 4:03 pm

A rockabilly guitar player, and architect too? You are a true Renaisance man, Art Vandelay!

I remember you from the other forum - I've been wondering how the Orange County Fair went. Don't remember hearing from you. I thought maybe you slipped into a rapturous coma at the concert or something!

Hey, congrats on the gig - you'll be great!
Back to top Go down
ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay

PostSubject: Re: So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th...   So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 10:15 pm

Thanks for the advice guys it went great! I didn't get to play Jeff's Boogie because everything started late. But I still got to play Stray Cat Strut and Vincent (which got me the most applause.) Now all I want to do is play guitar on stage! No to find a band... I might upload it on youtube.
Back to top Go down
mjcodina

mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th...   So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 1:54 pm

awesome man. i think the best advice i ever heard is dont put your whole self out there on the first song. play something your comfortable with at first to let the jitters out.
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th...   So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I am playing Stray Cat Strut at my first gig in front of a crowd October 11th...
Page 1 of 1