Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

never seen this..from MTV unplugged days

Go down 
+2
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
tvthewiredturtle
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

never seen this..from MTV unplugged days Empty
PostSubject: never seen this..from MTV unplugged days   never seen this..from MTV unplugged days Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:23 pm

cool footage! nice j-200 guitar despite bad mic'ing technique
these guys look so done with each other here.. the party just doesnt last in life does it

Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: never seen this..from MTV unplugged days   never seen this..from MTV unplugged days Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:48 pm

I love it, never saw it before. What a waste, that a larger audience didnt appreciated them back then.
First time I ever seen Lee standing to Brians right
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: never seen this..from MTV unplugged days   never seen this..from MTV unplugged days Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 12:11 am

Back to top Go down
ruger9

ruger9

PostSubject: Re: never seen this..from MTV unplugged days   never seen this..from MTV unplugged days Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 5:32 am

Speaking of long-lost Setzer stuff, waaaay before the whole "Crossroads" series took off (where they pair 2 different musicians playing each other's songs), around the time of Unplugged, didn't they have a show called "Duets" or somethng? I read that Brian Setzer did a show with Brian Adams (who I know was also a huge rockabilly fan)... but have never fond evidence of it.
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: never seen this..from MTV unplugged days   never seen this..from MTV unplugged days Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 7:39 am

Awesome clip! Did Stray Cats do an unplugged?
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: never seen this..from MTV unplugged days   never seen this..from MTV unplugged days Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 7:44 am

ruger9 wrote:
Speaking of long-lost Setzer stuff, waaaay before the whole "Crossroads" series took off (where they pair 2 different musicians playing each other's songs), around the time of Unplugged, didn't they have a show called "Duets" or somethng? I read that Brian Setzer did a show with Brian Adams (who I know was also a huge rockabilly fan)... but have never fond evidence of it.

From The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive:

The Brian Setzer Orchestra
March 26, 1996
Park Plaza Hotel
Los Angeles, California, USA
Rumble In Brighton
Hey Elvis
Your True Love
The House Is Rockin'
Rock This Town
Notes: Filmed for VH1's "Duets" television program.
Broadcast date unknown.
Bryan Adams: guest on all songs. Setlist incomplete.

Last edited by Rocky Mountain Cat on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
ruger9

ruger9

PostSubject: Re: never seen this..from MTV unplugged days   never seen this..from MTV unplugged days Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:16 am

That's TOTALLY new.... never heard of that show before. The one I'm talking about was filmed as a tv program. Don't know if it was with the Orchestra, or BEFORE the orchestra? Not sure.
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: never seen this..from MTV unplugged days   never seen this..from MTV unplugged days Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:24 am

Here is a cool one.

never seen this..from MTV unplugged days 1b6201142106P5099

never seen this..from MTV unplugged days 966201142339P0001
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: never seen this..from MTV unplugged days   never seen this..from MTV unplugged days Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:09 am

ruger9 wrote:
That's TOTALLY new.... never heard of that show before. The one I'm talking about was filmed as a tv program. Don't know if it was with the Orchestra, or BEFORE the orchestra? Not sure.

This is the show you asked about in your first post.

The show at the Park Plaza Hotel on March 26, 1996 was filmed by VH1 for their series "Duets" - as mentioned in the notes under the setlist. It was a BSO performance with Bryan Adams as the featured guest. VH1 broadcast it as a Brian Setzer/Bryan Adams co-headlining show - they were introduced that night as "Brian Setzer and Bryan Adams with The Brian Setzer Orchestra"

What was broadcast on tv was not the complete performance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
ruger9

ruger9

PostSubject: Re: never seen this..from MTV unplugged days   never seen this..from MTV unplugged days Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:49 am

aahh... thanks for the info RMC. I've never seen it, but would like to because like I said, I was a huge Bryan Adams fan in my teens and know rockabilly was his #1 music that he loved. He covered rockabilly and early rnr (like Check Berry) in concert all the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: never seen this..from MTV unplugged days   never seen this..from MTV unplugged days Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

never seen this..from MTV unplugged days
Page 1 of 1