Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house

Go down 
+6
gretschoholic
Andi
Brent
Brett
Twenty Flight Rick
tvthewiredturtle
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kbilly

kbilly

the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house   the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 8:28 pm

really? I swear some of you folks could debate why a roadkil doesn't Look so good. I'm just a poor rockin trucker from the midwest, and have made severl swings thru Socal this year and most folks I spoke to there diddnt know Setzer, Straycats or rockabilly. I do have a cousin in Reno that is up on it thanks to a friend of hers that rocks the Betty look. Look, all I'm sayin is that I like all of Brians effforts, some more than others...More DVDs Please!

See ya, Kbilly.
Back to top Go down
Swansea City

Swansea City

PostSubject: Re: the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house   the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:52 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I think thats because the euro crowd was the first to embrace the straycats and they had legendary tours there. I get that but if you have not been to the BSO you cannot possible understand the power and might of the orchestra led by Brian. He's not a kid anymore and that trio stuff is okay but its meant for young angry brutes who can pour their testosterone into the crowd and build on that youthful energy. At the Christmas shows here most of us take our bathroom breaks and beer runs when the trio set happens between the orchestra sets. different crowd and mind set. IMO

ps. of course Wolgang was experimental album as it pushed in a new direction of Brian's, the artist's paint brush cries out
for new colors and canvas

tvthewiredturtle, I find it completely amazing that two fans of the same artist can have such opposite views. I am a Setzer fan since 1980 in the UK. I have seen the Cats on pretty much every tour to the UK since then, and the same with any solo or BSO tours. I am nearly 50 years old and simply cannot get enough of Stray Cats or Rockabilly stuff. The BSO material leaves me cold, and as far as I am concerned, Brian is wasting his talent with it. He seems hellbent on including instrumentals with a view to trying for a Grammy in an otherwise unpopular section of the awards, and I am bored of the BSO. Brian was extremely clever when he re-invented the Swing thing, but time has moved on from that and he has done very little of original quality since then. Clearly, there are reasons why Stray Cats are no longer a full-time thing, but a new tour is all that is keeping me going. I'm not, in any way having a go at your views/opinions/likes, but quite simply, Setzer is the lead singer of the greatest Rockabilly band of my lifetime, and that is his reason for being. I'm not a young angry brute anymore (and those who know me will probably say that I never have been) but change is not always for the best. I think Setzer's recent career proves that.
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house   the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:40 pm

Well, I finally got a listen to the CD.

I must say having seen three shows, I don't think the recording captures the energy of the shows. What seems to be missing to me is any interaction with the crowd, which is understandable since the songs are from countries all over the world, ut it's great to have a CD version of Great Balls of Fire, that song went off like nothing else. I do wish there was a DVD though, I think that would have captured the energy of these shows. I'm glad I got the CD though, having a reminder of something you've been to is a great keepsake and definitely keeps the memories alive.

My two cents worth.

Pony
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house   the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 2:02 pm

I am "sorry" but I have to tell that, for me, this record really rocks.
I LOVE IT !!!!
Ignition, This Cat, Crash Like Thunder are here at their best (just my opinion) and Kevin Mc Kendree is a kind of magician on Put Your Cat Clothes On. Spazz kills me an other time here in all the songs he plays.
Finally, the Stray Cats tracks are probably the moment the record is just (only) good.
Thank you Brian and I hope there will be other adventures with the Riot Squad...
One last word about the two instru-MENTALS : fan-tas-tic !!!
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house   the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 3:44 pm

Setzerado wrote:
I LOVE IT !!!!
Ignition, This Cat, Crash Like Thunder are here at their best (just my opinion) and Kevin Mc Kendree is a kind of magician on Put Your Cat Clothes On. Spazz kills me an other time here in all the songs he plays.
Finally, the Stray Cats tracks are probably the moment the record is just (only) good.
Thank you Brian and I hope there will be other adventures with the Riot Squad...
One last word about the two instru-MENTALS : fan-tas-tic !!!

Kevin McKendree is brilliant!!! You should check out his solo CD's, very cool, not Rockabilly, bu great none the less. Drive Like Lightning was from our Adelaide concert, that was incredible, the place was really jumping!! I really love the added Munsters riff, very cool. All I guess I'm saying is being there is a totally different experience, but then I guess that's obvious.

Hey, I'm all for more Riot music, maybe a new CD with the Riot Squad, now that would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house   the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 3:32 am

Setzerado wrote:
I LOVE IT !!!!
i agree... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house   the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 12:55 am

Thank you guys.
Sexy & 17, Rock This Town, Stray Cat Strut & Fishnet Stockings (12 minutes with the bass battle !) can be bought on mp3 (this tracks are not in the classic CD)

Pony65k, I can imagine your sensations listening to this killin' Crash Like Thunder if you were at that show...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house   the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 4:05 pm

Lovely Setzerado, glad to see you again ;-)

Totally agree, Drive Like Lightning is a killer, in fact, it's (at least for me) much more powerful with the trio version,
it's totally a different song without the horns.

Stray Cat Strut, Sexy+17 and Rock This Town, it's OK they are available on mp3, and so Fishnet Stockings,
but I don't think the latter should have been added / included on the vinyl... way too long. Nice when you
see the three bass battle, that was in my opinion the point, something funny and visual during the show but
with those 12 minutes something like Sleepwalk, Blast Off, Tennessee Zip and Twenty Flight Rock could have
been included; then, this live album would have represented many more cities and more songs to enjoy.

However, I am very gland that the first part of the show, from Ignition to Pickpocket, has been included complete,
and at least on the CD, not to include all the Stray Cat repertoire which has been very well represented in other
Brian Setzer live recordings (Red Hot & Live, It's Gonna Rock..., etc).

If there's going to be another live release in the future, if Surfdog sees this post, I think a nice idea would be
to ask the fans what they want in a live release. This way, not only a better live album can come up, but
it's also a way that the fans can contribute or collaborate with the artist too. It's like, "oh, they have added
"whatever the song", perfect! I voted for that "whatever the song" - Fantastic!!

What do yout think, guys???
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house   the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 8:25 am

Good idea, í`m in.
I`m sure they have followed fan requests at that tour also.
"Ignition", the CBS Song, was the opener.
"Cry baby" is a diamant from the Stray Cats era.
Brian has an open mind if recorded a new album but live he plays for his fans all over the world.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house   the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 2:47 pm

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
Lovely Setzerado, glad to see you again ;-)

Totally agree, Drive Like Lightning is a killer, in fact, it's (at least for me) much more powerful with the trio version,
it's totally a different song without the horns.

Stray Cat Strut, Sexy+17 and Rock This Town, it's OK they are available on mp3, and so Fishnet Stockings,
but I don't think the latter should have been added / included on the vinyl... way too long. Nice when you
see the three bass battle, that was in my opinion the point, something funny and visual during the show but
with those 12 minutes something like Sleepwalk, Blast Off, Tennessee Zip and Twenty Flight Rock could have
been included; then, this live album would have represented many more cities and more songs to enjoy.

However, I am very gland that the first part of the show, from Ignition to Pickpocket, has been included complete,
and at least on the CD, not to include all the Stray Cat repertoire which has been very well represented in other
Brian Setzer live recordings (Red Hot & Live, It's Gonna Rock..., etc).

If there's going to be another live release in the future, if Surfdog sees this post, I think a nice idea would be
to ask the fans what they want in a live release. This way, not only a better live album can come up, but
it's also a way that the fans can contribute or collaborate with the artist too. It's like, "oh, they have added
"whatever the song", perfect! I voted for that "whatever the song" - Fantastic!!

What do yout think, guys???

If surfdog do listen....how about a DVD release next time. I have no idea what the cost to do these things are, but I'm continually surprised that they keep missing the boat on DVD releases, especially this time around with having Kevin McKendree hammering the piano and the Bass duels, a golden opportunity missed IMHO.

I thought there was something mentioned ages ago about some stuff coming out from the vault in the future.

Pony
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house   the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 3:15 pm

I still have faith they release a Stray Cats album from the Farewell Tour.

If they did Rumble in Brixton back in 2004, it has plenty of sense they did
the Farewell album too...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house   the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the new album LIVE FROM THE PLANET hits the Vega house
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2