Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any weapons in the house?

Go down 
+10
Rickabilly
sidelake bob
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
I'm Incinerator
tvthewiredturtle
Kid Setzer
Hot Rod Girl
Twenty Flight Rick
vic
Patrick
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Patrick

Patrick

Any weapons in the house? Empty
PostSubject: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 5:40 am

Anyone got a gun (legaly) at home?
Personaly I don't care about guns. My dad has a few, but he's in a shooting club. Only then you're allowed to own one here in Holland. (After several screens and check ups by the law) Sadly there are people here that have weapons but they are most likely illegal.
So, especialy to the American members here, if you have one what you use it for?
As I see it, even your grandmother can go out and get one. Is that true?
drunken
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:24 am

That's a loaded question.
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:05 am

Loaded?
You mean like too personal? As a Dutchman I don't know he people in the US think about owning a gun. To me it sounds like a common thing to have around in the house.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

By the way, your avatar is from a movie right?
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 9:07 am

I think Vic was employing some humor there, effectively I might add. I can't speak for all, but there are some firearms enthusiasts here at the Lounge, including me. The topic itself can be "loaded" to Vic's point, as it can lead to political exchanges that most would like to avoid here on a music site.
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:32 pm

If you're an avid hunter, you own a gun. If you want a little protection and peace of mind for the homefront, you own a gun. If you think they're cool and the history is interesting, you own a gun. If you live in Wisconsin, you probably own several guns and proudly display them above the fireplace. Very Happy

I think my favorite gun is the Walther PPK that was handed down through the family by my grandpa. I can't tell you who has it though, that's top secret. Cool

Any weapons in the house? 220px-Walther_PPK_1848

With the current administration's viewpoint on the right to bear arms, I don't think it would be a great idea to publicly come out and say "Hey, I own a gun! Come check me out!" right now. But that's just my opinion of course.

This would be a good topic to discuss with Ted Nugent.

cheers
hrg
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 8:31 pm

You rock HRG! Take your Wisconsin points and multiply by at least 5 and you have NC.
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 12:32 am

Family has never owned a gun.. never will.. guns are not popular here in Australia, pretty sure the only people who have guns (that aren't police, army etc) are those in shooting clubs (people who shoot at inatimate targets, not animals).. The everyday Australian does not see carrying a gun (on your persons or in the house) as a form of personal safety, but more so that you're asking for trouble.

Just sayin'..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:36 am

Twenty Flight Rick wrote:
You rock HRG! Take your Wisconsin points and multiply by at least 5 and you have NC.

Thanks. And I'm sure you'll find at least one copy of this "bible" on the shelf in most homes too, right? Very Happy

Any weapons in the house? Books?id=JrfffY38O9MC&printsec=frontcover&img=1&zoom=1&l=220

It comes in handy at the local sportsman shows.

Have a great day!
hrg
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:13 pm

Patrick wrote:
Loaded?
You mean like too personal? As a Dutchman I don't know he people in the US think about owning a gun. To me it sounds like a common thing to have around in the house.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

By the way, your avatar is from a movie right?

Not to personal at all. I'm happy to answer any questions as one American. Rick was right, it was a joke/ double entendre. Should have put in some of these lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

For the record, I own two for all the reasons HRG listed.

Yep, even a grandmother has constitutional rights in America and can buy a gun. It varies from city to city and state to state a bit, but the only ones who can't are convicted felons and children. The geographic middle more rural parts of the country tend to have less restrictive laws on gun ownership than the more densly populated coasts (New York and California for example) and although they (middle America) have higher gun ownership rates, have lower gun crime rates.

And yes my avatar is from a movie that for me, is about as accurate of a depiction of what life was like for me as a kid in the 70s in America as I have ever seen. It has no guns in it btw. Razz
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:43 am

great topic but keep politics out guys.

this is one of my favorite weapons and one of my favorite uhm..eh.. uh.. tv shows

Any weapons in the house? 634009985215321525-mythbusters
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:24 am

Agreed TV. I was conciously trying to be non partisan, just the facts ma'am with the last post. Any problems with some of the more "interesting" pics on that other forum in a recent thread of a similar nature? I'm gonna marry me one of those gun models. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:30 am

as I was looking for that gun, I realized that guns n chicks is not something to
be googling really.. not good for the married man Shocked Shocked Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:33 am

Reminds me of when my parents first got a computer. Dad had heard about a bookstore online called amazon something or other, and found out a lot more about amazons than mom wanted him to know.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:37 am

vic wrote:
Reminds me of when my parents first got a computer. Dad had heard about a bookstore online called amazon something or other, and found out a lot more about amazons than mom wanted him to know.

same with freakin EBAY.. there is another ENTIRELY different Ebay and I'm pretty sure
the Devil is runnin it. Actually I'm positive affraid
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:15 pm

I think I might be the odd-ball in my family. My dad has more guns than a small city police force, and my brother has a few...probably for his job, since he's a cop.

Me, I've shot a few guns here and there, which were my dad's most of the time. I "own" a 12 gauge and a.22 rifle, but I don't keep those in my house.

The only thing I have to defend my house is fists, a mind, and whatever I can launch at 90 mph! afro
Back to top Go down
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:41 pm

I dont have a gun but I do have a big stick and a pile of rocks located conviently in each room, should my house ever come under attack.
Displayed prominently in each room is a list of discouraging words that may be used on an attacker. For the various types of intruder there are corresponding phrases.
Say for an example some one has entered my house to rape me, I would glance at the list and shout " I'm probably not your type."
Or if the intruder wants to know why I took his wifes panties of thier clothesline, a quick glance at the list would offer the retort , "I heard there was a weirdo in the neighbourhood and I wanted to make sure he didnt steal them".
Should a loutish brute enter my abode demanding cash , the list would suggest I offer him a sex service instead.

There really is no need for a gun if you take such sensible precautions.
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:14 am

I Have a samurai sword!
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:51 am

I've recently changed the settings on my weapon of choice from "Stun" to "Kill"...

Any weapons in the house? No%20biting.aspx

Cujo-billy
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:20 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Save Brian!
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:04 am

i know such a dangerous weapon too

Any weapons in the house? Wuffel

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:40 am

Brett wrote:
i know such a dangerous weapon too

Any weapons in the house? Wuffel

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

is that an Akita puppy? My Akita Kozo died 3 summers ago, lived to 13yrs.
If you dont want yours, we'll take it Smile
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:32 am

He`s a special force member, sorry.

No, to be honest it´s not my dog. pale
Back to top Go down
mjcodina

mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:34 am

that little dog looks like a pokemon or something
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:01 am

mjcodina wrote:
that little dog looks like a pokemon or something

same family...but his brain is bigger...
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:15 am

That little dog grows rapidly with giant paws the size of your hands and will weigh
between 80 and 110lbs. Aloof and dedicated, it is the most formidable form of home
protection I ever had. AND MINE WAS WHITE.. people were terrified. These dogs are not
the hideous animals pit bulls are but you dont want to run up to its owner and shake him.
Smile

Here's what that little cute doggy grows up into
Any weapons in the house? 27052008053152_01

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any weapons in the house?   Any weapons in the house? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any weapons in the house?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next