Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elvis statue by my house!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley

Elvis statue by my house! Empty
PostSubject: Elvis statue by my house!   Elvis statue by my house! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 11:21 pm

I was writing to someone recently and decided to share this:
this is about half a mile from my house and it was unveiled last year
I wanted to go so bad, but had to work ahhh I love Elvis!!
got the Hawaii concert dvd, love the song 'Kui'ipo' (spelled right?)

http://www.tvland.com/specials/elvis/photogallery/landmark/index.jhtml?pageNum=1&imgNum=13&button=1
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

Elvis statue by my house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis statue by my house!   Elvis statue by my house! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:25 pm

Kelley,

Thanks for sharing! I'm also a big Elvis fan, and really enjoy some of his Hawaii stuff, including the Aloha concert, and Blue Hawaii. I've known the soundtrack album by heart since about the age of 7. Something that I just noticed last year - the song "Almost Always True" steals its tune from the French folk song "Alouette". It took me 33 years to figure that out! Also, honky-tonk singer/picker extraordinaire Junior Brown does a FANTASTIC cover of "Rock-A-Hula Baby". Oh, and one more thing...have you ever heard Bono's version of "Can't Help Falling In Love," from the Honeymoon in Vegas soundtrack? That's also a goodie.
Back to top Go down

Elvis statue by my house!
Page 1 of 1