Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dancing with the Stars

Go down 
+25
penguin
Pinkpiratekitty
lisathegreaser.
Pirate Paul
tvthewiredturtle
Babs
t.man
Kid Setzer
GreasyKidStuff
vic
Chillicat
kbilly
WildCat
Davy Jones
cosbird
Amity
Kiki
scatcatcnut
Rocky Mountain Cat
Rickabilly
Scatman
peeteycat
ScottS
Hot Rod Girl
Hepkitten
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
vic

vic

Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 7:30 pm

I'm certainly no expert nor do I claim to have any dancing skills, but why is the trend in dancing for the men to dance so effeminately? It seemed to me that the Fred Astairs and Gene Kellys of yesteryear could move gracefully and masculinely at the same time. Wha happend?

Also, cool to see BSO on primetime and no Fran Drescher involved, but I think they've had better performances
Back to top Go down
kbilly

kbilly

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 7:52 pm

so what song did they play? and was there more than one?
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 8:05 pm

kbilly wrote:
so what song did they play? and was there more than one?
One song. Rock This Town.

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
kbilly

kbilly

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 8:10 pm

thanks , I tried to watch it but couldn't download the player. Can ya believe it this machine is loaded up with spreadsheets
dipatch programs satelite viewers and coms. I should talk to IT about havin that stuff removed.
Back to top Go down
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 9:28 pm

just saw it... everyone looked awesome in leopard... the dancers were right on.. and I love how when it was over, and the two announcer people were talking, the audience was goin' nuts. They cut back to a shot of Brian, who was totally hammin' it up, and the crowd was eatin' it up! lol!

Good times... Prime time and good exposure too.. Smile

ABC kinda blew it though.. they should have got BBVD too to do Big Time Operator as well, since that other couple was essentially lindy hopping in between the theatrics, not "jitterbugging" scratch

(i'm a bit of a dance snob, i have to admit... ballroom is a bit stuffy for me... gimme a rockin swing dancer or a sexy salsa dancer any day... )

cat
C
Back to top Go down
GreasyKidStuff

GreasyKidStuff

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:13 pm

Last edited by GreasyKidStuff on Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:07 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I re-encoded the video for the cats and kittens...)
Back to top Go down
kbilly

kbilly

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:19 pm

Thanks Greasy! that was worth the price of a plucked chicken at the very least!
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:22 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the link Greasy! Very Happy

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
t.man

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 12:13 am

[quote="
Frau Blücher-billy[/quote]

Neighhhh!
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 5:30 am

Rickabilly wrote:
. Put on Wolfgang's Big Night Out if you want to shed a tear over the absence of rock-n-roll. The Brian Setzer Orchestra's a lot more than three chords and a backbeat.

I think that the whole BSO thing is starting to drive me away from Brian's music to be honest - there are tracks on each of the BSO albums that could comfortably be classed as 'elevator muzak', the Xmas albums have some woefully MOR type tracks and the Wolfgang album is the worst offender of all. I'll be sticking with the regular BSO stuff cos there are enough tracks to make it worth while but the trio/r'n'r format wins for me every time.
Back to top Go down
ScottS
ScottS

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 6:02 am

Quote :
there are tracks on each of the BSO albums that could comfortably be classed as 'elevator muzak'

Mozart is elevator music?

give this man three uncomplicated chords and a backbeat

Laughing
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 6:13 am

I have no taste for most classical music and am happy to devote my listening life to 'three chords and a backbeat' - I believe they call it rock'n'roll!
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:22 am

vic wrote:
I'm certainly no expert nor do I claim to have any dancing skills, but why is the trend in dancing for the men to dance so effeminately? It seemed to me that the Fred Astairs and Gene Kellys of yesteryear could move gracefully and masculinely at the same time. Wha happend?

Also, cool to see BSO on primetime and no Fran Drescher involved, but I think they've had better performances

I agree on both points. I hate it when men dance like women. There's a grace that Fred and Gene had, but they still had lots of "man" about them. The current flipping of the wrists and shuffles, and proper lines and stuff...well, that just doesn't look good. There's a certain gruffness that a guy can bring to the dance floor. Truth is, I don't like sissy men dancers.

And the BSO, it was fun to see, but the camera man was making me dizzy when they first started! Oi!

Cool
hrg
Back to top Go down
Babs

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:23 pm

Love BSO & love Straycats...it all works for me. I'm just very happy to see them on TV...what a rare treat!

By the way, the dancers were dancing jive, and Louie van Amstel is considered to be one of the world's best.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 3:04 pm

Cant the male dancers at least try to act Straight sheeze, I was enjoying Setzers
performance and then sassypants comes bouncing out.

whats next, Lord of the BSO? heehhee
Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Dust
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 3:16 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Cant the male dancers at least try to act Straight sheeze, I was enjoying Setzers
performance and then sassypants comes bouncing out.

whats next, Lord of the BSO? heehhee
Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Dust

Niiiiiiiiiiiice!

Have you been taking lessons from Pirate Paul?

Take care,
hrg
Back to top Go down
Pirate Paul

Pirate Paul

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 3:31 pm

Hot Rod Girl wrote:
Take care,
hrg
LORD OF THE BSO
Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Setzer_flatley

lol! Let me see those "jazz hands!" lol!

Cheers PP pirat
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 3:39 pm

Pirate Paul wrote:
Hot Rod Girl wrote:
Take care,
hrg
LORD OF THE BSO
Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Setzer_flatley

lol! Let me see those "jazz hands!" lol!

Cheers PP pirat

THAT FREAKIN RULES!!! thanks for the laugh man, I needed it!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 3:52 pm

LOVE the creepers!!! ...and the sunglasses!!!
Back to top Go down
lisathegreaser.

lisathegreaser.

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 4:00 pm

peeteycat wrote:
This is probably the biggest exposure the BSO has ever had. Prime Time audience - number one show in the country.
Have they had a bigger audience?

Nielsens-a-billy

The BSO has done the Rockafeller Center Tree Lighting 3 times. Also They performed Christmas at the White House. So they have had BIG Prime time performances before.

Lisathegreaser
Back to top Go down
peeteycat

peeteycat

PostSubject: Look at the ratings   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 6:58 pm

I'm not saying they haven't had BIG shows before - but last night was probably one of their biggest TV audiences they've ever had.
Last week's Dancing show had almost 18 million people tune in and was number 3 in the Nielsens. The Lighting Ceremony finished second in it's time slot last year and never cracked the top 10 in ratings. Years where the BSO performed the ratings were similar to that.
And Christmas at the White House was on TNT and probably only drew 4 to 5 million.

Just-the-facts-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:45 pm

What Peeteycat said. I was about to post something similar when I remembered the World Series was on...

And Dancing With the Stars will have more viewers than the World Series - it's huge!

The tree-lighting, any Xmas special, the Tonight Show (with Joe Finkle), the Nanny, 90210... all important to Setzer fans, but all pale in comparison to the exposure the BSO received on Tuesday night.

Jumping the Shark-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:17 pm

Pirate Paul - you crack me up!! What a great pic!!
Back to top Go down
ScottS
ScottS

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:36 pm

Lord of the BSO!!

That pic is so friggin funny

great job

lol!
Back to top Go down
penguin

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:18 pm

scatcatcnut wrote:
Rickabilly wrote:
. Put on Wolfgang's Big Night Out if you want to shed a tear over the absence of rock-n-roll. The Brian Setzer Orchestra's a lot more than three chords and a backbeat.

I think that the whole BSO thing is starting to drive me away from Brian's music to be honest - there are tracks on each of the BSO albums that could comfortably be classed as 'elevator muzak', the Xmas albums have some woefully MOR type tracks and the Wolfgang album is the worst offender of all. I'll be sticking with the regular BSO stuff cos there are enough tracks to make it worth while but the trio/r'n'r format wins for me every time.

Last edited by penguin on Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dancing with the Stars
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next