Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help

Go down 
+4
webelvis
Pistol Pete
Bear85
pony65k
8 posters
AuthorMessage
pony65k

pony65k

Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help Empty
PostSubject: Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help   Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 1:44 pm

Hey all.

Salvy and the Hired Help had their second gig last Saturday night. They totally ripped the joint apart. Salvy was on fire with the voice, Francis was slapping the hell out of his bass so much so that he 's got a huge blister to show for it, but hey, that's rock n roll!!! Costa is a mexican jumping bean, he was playing the drums with all the energy he can muster, and ladies and gentlemen, that's a hell of a lot, he had a ball!!! Then there's Pistol Pete on lead guitar. Pete tore it up!!!!! He rocked it so hard I swear there was smoke coming off of his TV Jonesed Hot Rod!!!! It was an awesome night. Let me tell you, this band is going places. I may be biased, but it all clicked into place beautifully on the night.

So if any of you cats and kittens are planning on coming to Oz someday for a holiday, make sure you build your travel schedule around a Salvy and the Hired Help show, you'll be sorry you didn't.

This story is brought to you by the Salvy and the Hired Help fan club, the lettter R and me, an inspired by his mentor and friend

René-a-pony Very Happy

PS - did I mention the Pete rocked it to within an inch of it's life???
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help   Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 3:04 pm

So Rene,

quit beating around the bush...did you like the show or not? Wink

Glad you had an awesome time,
Bear85
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help   Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 5:03 pm

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!

Thanks Rene!

I'm still super critical of my playing and I wasn't happy with my sound that night, but.... I had a blast and everyone I spoke to seemed to have had a great time, even the owner who booked us for another show.
Cosidering we pla've played, even with gigs/rehearsals/jams, as a band when all 4 of us have been together in the same room, a total of maybe 8 times in 12 weeks, I think we did great. I still want to improve the set list, as does the rest of the band, but it will come together. Luckily I have Ross to help me!

Thanks again to Anu and yourself for your friendship and support, not only for us but also The Saucermen and Jam Jets,
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help   Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 7:30 pm

Thought I'd put some photos of us up.........

Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help PA260073Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help PA260070Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help PA260082

Matty (with red checked shirt) our original drummer joining in on back up vocals!

Salvy....Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help PA260080 Costa....Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help PA260072 Francis....Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help PA260074
Me....Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help PA260081 And Ross "The Boss"....Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help PA260090...And this guy....Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help P7300615

If anyone is interested, I'll see if I can get some video up,
Cheers Pete
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help   Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 5:56 am

It seems, you did a great Job Pete!!!
If I'll ever make it to Australia, I'll definetly go to a Salvy & the hired help Gig.
Are there already Cd's out for the Fanbase in germany??? Wink

Paul
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help   Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 6:06 am

Yes, please show us a video!!!!!!

cool pics again.

B
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help   Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 12:31 am

morning,

found this at the local newspapershop

Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help Petemag1

and this... Suspect

Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help Peteandrenemag
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help   Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 2:03 pm

Brett, you are a big rat Laughing Laughing Laughing BTW, Pete's already spoken for Laughing

René-not-gay-a-pony (not that there's anything wrong with that)

PS - yes I had to say that.
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help   Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 12:18 am

Sorry, Rene, I think i chose the wrong Mag.

This one is the right one... jocolor

Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help PeteandRenemag2

Greetings from the other side of the world. (08:15am, work is starting)
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help   Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 12:25 am

I like that one better because you can't see Pete's face Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help   Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 6:39 am

Kid Setzer wrote:
I like that one better because you can't see Pete's face Razz

Kid.
Ha ha ha, very funny Miss Kid!
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help   Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 9:01 am

Good guitar strap length there pete as well!
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help   Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 1:06 pm

Here's some video footage of Tainted Love (Rockabilly Style):

René-a-pony
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help   Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 1:57 pm

pony65k wrote:
Here's some video footage of Tainted Love (Rockabilly Style):

René-a-pony

Sounds good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help   Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 2:08 pm

Thanks Pony!

I really like the Stray Cat Strut vid from the same night that appears on the bottom, it shows what great musicians I play with and friends I have!

Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help   Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 4:08 am

Here's some other stuff.....

Stray Cat Strut is our improv/chill out song that never starts, swings, solos or ends the same way twice! Nice way to enjoy a song that we've heard a million times before!

Anyone (Rickabilly?) know how to get MySpace stuff up???
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help   Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 1:26 pm

Pistol Pete wrote:
Stray Cat Strut is our improv/chill out song that never starts, swings, solos or ends the same way twice! Nice way to enjoy a song that we've heard a million times before!

THAT was cool.

"Does he need an introduction?" ha! Drummer had a pretty gnarly solo, too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help   Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pistol Pete lead guitar for Salvy & the Hired Help
Page 1 of 1