Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What guitar is Brian playing here?

Go down 
+2
Pirate Paul
Patrick
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Patrick

Patrick

What guitar is Brian playing here? Empty
PostSubject: What guitar is Brian playing here?   What guitar is Brian playing here? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 4:03 am

What guitar is Brian playing in this video?

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=XNskCCbRXaw

Looks like a Tennessean with one pick up.

What guitar is Brian playing here? EG3075
Back to top Go down
Pirate Paul

Pirate Paul

PostSubject: Re: What guitar is Brian playing here?   What guitar is Brian playing here? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:36 pm

I'm sure someone (like TV Wink ) could elaborate a little more on this guitar Smile

Its a Chet Atkins Tennessee Rose

Brian is also posing with the guitar inside the inlay sleeve of the Rockabilly Riot album.

What guitar is Brian playing here? Setzer-1

Cheers PP pirat
Back to top Go down
matt

matt

PostSubject: Re: What guitar is Brian playing here?   What guitar is Brian playing here? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:34 pm

Thats one cool geeetaarrr man ye
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: What guitar is Brian playing here?   What guitar is Brian playing here? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:39 pm

drunken wow, Patrick, thank you for that Christmas present, wow drunken
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: What guitar is Brian playing here?   What guitar is Brian playing here? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:42 pm

the guitar I'm pretty sure is a Gretsch G6119-1959 Chet Atkins..

In 1958, the Fred Gretsch Company decided to expand the successful Chet Atkins signature guitar line introduced in 1954, which already included the Chet Atkins Hollowbody 6120 and the Chet Atkins Solidbody 6121. The new models were the high-end Country Gentleman and the low-end Tennessean.

The Chet Atkins Tennessean was a stripped down version of the 6120. It shared the same body dimensions, but had only one bridge pickup and no binding on the fingerboard or headstock. The Tennessean also had a unique red stain finish instead of the orange of the 6120. The pickguard with Chet’s signature in a signpost was black instead of the gold color seen on the 6120.

The features on this example are common to other Tennesseans produced in late ’59 and early ’60, including the zero fret, “Patent Applied For” FilterTron pickup, “V” cutout Gretsch Bigsby vibrato and a body depth of about 2 1/2”. Except for a gradually thinning body, these appointments remained until 1962, when Gretsch’s entire line was revamped.
What guitar is Brian playing here? 200808_vintagevault1

What guitar is Brian playing here? 200808_vintagevault2

What guitar is Brian playing here? Atkins

..and of course one of my rock heroes, Bono:
What guitar is Brian playing here? Bono-1997-pop
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Diggey

Diggey

PostSubject: Re: What guitar is Brian playing here?   What guitar is Brian playing here? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 1:10 pm

Hey Pirate Paul, thats a great picture. Thanks for this. This is actually one of my Favorite Gretsch models. Striped to the bone, one pickup. Love it. He uses it all over the Rockabilly Riot Album and really gets a variety of tones with this. Thanks for the pix and I didn't realize Bono was into it. My wife loves U2 and it is her favorite band. (I will use this to try and position myself to having one.)

So thanks for that also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What guitar is Brian playing here?   What guitar is Brian playing here? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What guitar is Brian playing here?
Page 1 of 1