Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I think this forum is officially dead

Go down 
+12
Twenty Flight Rick
vic
Daddio
Nikko
enjay07
Kid Setzer
Rickabilly
Hot Rod Girl
CAFeathers
Pirate Paul
gretschoholic
tvthewiredturtle
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Daddio

Daddio

I think this forum is officially dead - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think this forum is officially dead   I think this forum is officially dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 5:50 pm

WildCat wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Glad to see some folks still comin round!!
I never left (can't seem to find my way out of this durned cave! Razz ) -- I just don't post much.

cat

Lounge activity! Maybe now the chat room will have some, too!
Back to top Go down
DEXTER

DEXTER

PostSubject: Re: I think this forum is officially dead   I think this forum is officially dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 3:48 am

vic wrote:
Not dead yet but it took a pretty big couple of hits. I gotta admit, I'm fond of the conspiracy theories that abound about the spam-crash-new forum timing. Although I'm not a big poster, I've been a luker for a long time, maybe I should take a more active role. I like the other site just fine, but the vibe of HDVDL seems less Eurocentric...or is that just my xenophobia coming through?

Come to think of it, did you ever notice that Euro's approach American roots type music differently than Americans do? I can't quite put my finger on why that is. That techno pop dance stuff just seems to come through in what ever folks are doing on the other side of the pond. I blame ABBA...but then again, we had the Carpenters.

Hiya Folks, Im a refugee from the BS Forum and am loving the vibe here, but Im still catching up on some of the old posts, You made an interesting point there Vic, I know there is a different approach by us Euro's to the roots thing, but not quite sure exactly what the basis of that is, I'm not 100% sure I understand what you mean when you're talking about techno pop dance stuff, I don't get that myself, couldyou explain???
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/view_profile.php?member_id=286
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: I think this forum is officially dead   I think this forum is officially dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:23 am

Dexter wrote
Quote :

Hiya Folks, Im a refugee from the BS Forum and am loving the vibe here, but Im still catching up on some of the old posts, You made an interesting point there Vic, I know there is a different approach by us Euro's to the roots thing, but not quite sure exactly what the basis of that is, I'm not 100% sure I understand what you mean when you're talking about techno pop dance stuff, I don't get that myself, couldyou explain???

Hi Dexter, no offense intended, just an observation/ genralization. And like many sterotypes (ie Americans are fat and loud) there is a grain of truth in them (5'11" 160# by the way). Like I said, I can't quite put my finger on the differance but European pop music from Django to the Beatles to the Sex Pistols to Nekromantix seems more "produced", more techno, more synthetic too me, than their American counterparts. Not that I don't love Django and the Beatles...but you can have Neckromantix back.

I have noticed that some of the stuff I see coming out of Scandinavia has a pretty authentic sound, and I have no idea where that comes from. Why is it that a fringe of European culture is so interested in American roots culture and music, to a greater extent than most Americans are?

I grew up in the 70s and 80s (I'm 44) and I can't get away from somewhat understanding 70s and 80s pop, even though I really never liked it. It affects how you hear things, and express yourself musically. Back in the "good Old days" when music in American was very regional, you just didn't have the opportunity to hear anything different but what you heard in church and on the local radio. It took a white kid from Tupelo to start showing us it was ok to blend styles. Now I can have an internet conversation about music with a guy half way around the world, in an obscure Rockabilly forum...amazin.
Back to top Go down
Sharky

Sharky

PostSubject: Re: I think this forum is officially dead   I think this forum is officially dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:26 pm

OK - I missed something. Call me stupid, but when did the "Official" board die?

Mandy's has been my official board since the sauerkraut days.

(OH! He did NOT just go there! - Yes, he did)
Back to top Go down
http://www.jerrylinger.com
Daddio

Daddio

PostSubject: Re: I think this forum is officially dead   I think this forum is officially dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:00 pm

[quote="vic"]Dexter wrote
Quote :

And like many sterotypes (ie Americans are fat and loud)

Hey! I resemble that remark! Smile Sad

I never caught the Euro-vibe on BS.com as negative, just different. That forum just seemed to have a different buzz, that's all I know. Maybe it's just having been around this high-class dive cheers so long! God bless ya, Ruby!
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: I think this forum is officially dead   I think this forum is officially dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:02 pm

Agreed, not a negative at all, just different.
Back to top Go down
DEXTER

DEXTER

PostSubject: Re: I think this forum is officially dead   I think this forum is officially dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 4:55 pm

No wait now, hold on a second, I didnt write that! I actually agree with Vic, there is a difference which I prefer in American stuff, But I didnt write Fat and loud, that was Vic's reply! I claim neutrality!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/view_profile.php?member_id=286
Daddio

Daddio

PostSubject: Re: I think this forum is officially dead   I think this forum is officially dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 7:11 pm

DEXTER wrote:
No wait now, hold on a second, I didnt write that! I actually agree with Vic, there is a difference which I prefer in American stuff, But I didnt write Fat and loud, that was Vic's reply! I claim neutrality!!!

Yes, but, I still resemble that remark!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think this forum is officially dead   I think this forum is officially dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think this forum is officially dead
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2