Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bassman or El Sonido

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
knudi

knudi

Bassman or El Sonido Empty
PostSubject: Bassman or El Sonido   Bassman or El Sonido Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 3:07 am

Greetings from Norway!

Still new to this forum but been watching some time now both on the old and new forum.
For the time beeing I want a new amp. Not sure if it is gonna be a Bassman or a Delxe Reverb (not a Reissue). Most likely it will be a Bassman.
Today I saw this Bassman;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230254680556&indexURL=3&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

So, should I go for this Bassman (or other similar Bassman on ebay) or should pay a extra few dollars and get me the El Sonido from Gomez.
Any comments ? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: Bassman or El Sonido   Bassman or El Sonido Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 2:00 am

We could do this in Norwegian, but since there's probably just a handful of members who understand it, let's not... Very Happy

I bought a '64 Fender 6G6-B Bassman last spring, and it sounds GRRRRREAT! I've never had a guitar amp that sounds so "right" before, and I've had a few... Not much tweakin'; you just turn it on, turn it up, and *sweeet*! I've never tried the El Sonido, but our buddy TV's spoken warmly about them in the past, and he knows what he's talkin' about Cool

A few minor details you might wanna consider when/if buying an original one from the US: mine is an original export-amp, rebuilt for European voltage by Hagström in Sweden back then. Although it's not a big deal to modify an original US (110V) one, I'm pretty sure that you can order a 220V El Sonido straight from the builder. And that means a new amp (probably way more road-solid than a vintage Bassman), with the same look and sound as the Holy Grail, but with a warranty.

Tavo, wanna share your knowledge here...? I just realised I said NOTHING bounce Wink

Anders
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
knudi

knudi

PostSubject: Re: Bassman or El Sonido   Bassman or El Sonido Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 2:26 am

Nice! Very Happy
Hernes, isen`t that close to Trondheim ?
You should come to Stavanger and do some giging Smile

Hope Tavo has more info to add but the more I am thinkin of this the more I think I want to go for the El Sonido. I guess it will be the first in Norway as well cheers
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: Bassman or El Sonido   Bassman or El Sonido Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 4:19 am

knudi wrote:
Nice! Very Happy
Hernes, isen`t that close to Trondheim ?
You should come to Stavanger and do some giging Smile

Hernes is close to Elverum, so it's approximately 5 hours' drive from Trondheim... But we'd love to play in Stavanger again, haven't played there since the late eighties. The last time I was in a fight as well, but that's a different story Rolling Eyes . Any venues to suggest? Smile

knudi wrote:
I guess it will be the first in Norway as well cheers

I reckon it would. Keep us posted on your choice, ok?

Anders
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
knudi

knudi

PostSubject: Re: Bassman or El Sonido   Bassman or El Sonido Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 4:43 am

Oh Sorry, geography is not my strong side Embarassed

Elverum, our drummer moved to Elverum starting up a Terra unit.

Anyway, yes you have of course Folken and Røde Sjøhus. Also Stavanger Bluesclub have weekly concerts at "Ovenpaa". Last time I was at Røde Sjøhus I saw T-birds. Great show but I missed Kid Ramos Laughing

I will keep you updated on my choice, you bet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bassman or El Sonido   Bassman or El Sonido Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bassman or El Sonido
Page 1 of 1