Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

is it this cold in Minnesota??

Go down 
+8
EskimoPie
Le Hub'
donpepe
Andi
johnnykool327
Cristo
badkitty
Kelley
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kelley

is it this cold in Minnesota?? Empty
PostSubject: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:44 am

Minnesota cold

poor Brian, I hope he stays warm there! Crying or Very sad
Come on hun, over here it is a nice 70 degrees, I'll keep you comfortable! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:20 pm

No worries Kelley, I'm sure that Brian will keep himself warm and you know how ;-)
Back to top Go down
badkitty

badkitty

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:56 pm

Nah, Julie will keep him warm, never fear! I love you
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:06 pm

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:32 pm

HAHA!!! I lived there for almost 20 years of my life... and worked outside for about 3 of them. Winters can be pretty brutal up there.

I mean, you get off from work Friday at about 6:00. Stay inside ALL weekend long, and by Sunday night, your bones start to slowly thaw. Then, Monday morning at 6:00, go outside and do it all over again for another week. I liked that job, in the summertime. A construction worker's life (especially the bottom-rung, coolie types like me) can be pretty depressing when it's -40 below and you have to stand outside all day. It's the wind that gets you!

There's one thing I LOVE about winter, though - HOCKEY SEASON! cheers
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:52 pm

oooh Cristo, I bet the wind hurts your face a lot and makes it red, ouch! Surprised
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:43 pm

I am currently in Apple Valley, MN. A suburb of the Twin Cities, about 15 minutes south.

Heading into bed right now, the temperature is -16 below. They are expecting about -25 for tomorrow, with windchills to boot.

I am only 26, but have seen the "holy shit" cold that is just unbelievable. Waking up for elementary school, being driven to school in 30 below is quite amazing, and, scary as crap.

I work at a restaurant where we constantly are running outside, and, I do not mind the cold, I in fact love it. But days like today, it sure wakes you up.

One thing to warm me up....

Friday morning, 11am, purchasing tickets to Brian Setzer's Birthday Bash!

Stay Warm!

BK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:15 pm

johnnykool327 wrote:
One thing to warm me up....

Friday morning, 11am, purchasing tickets to Brian Setzer's Birthday Bash!

You lucky DOG, you! Just take some pictures for me, will ya?

CHEERS,

Chris
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:46 pm

Cristo wrote:
You lucky DOG, you! Just take some pictures for me, will ya?

You want pics of BK buying his tickets?!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:48 pm

Cristo, you're not going to the birthday bash? I figured you would for sure

30 below sure does sound scary as heck! Shocked how do folks with naturally thin blood stand it?
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:55 pm

We have some days with more than -30 cold every year but all you have to do is dress correctly.
Forget the style!

When I was in the army we had a shooting drill where we stayed two weeks in tents near Russian border.
The temperature was app.-20 C during the days and at nights more like -30 C, some days even more.
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:29 pm

-20, -30... Baby It's Cold Outside !
I've never met so cold temperatures.

I hope Minnesota will be a little warmer in april...
Back to top Go down
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 1:30 am

Wear down, wear a scarf, cover your ears, and don't touch anything metal with bare skin! We just finished up three weeks at at least -20 every day. Horrible. Today it shot up to 45F with 90mph winds and everything is melting! A few more days, we'll be back down to zero again. <sigh> Winter... only 4 more months...!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:43 am

Only Kelly knows how to keep Brian warm.
Julie?? Who is she?? Oh yes, some kind of attachment to Brian, like the wisdom teeth that have yet to be taken out ;-)

GO FOR HIM, KELLEY!!
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 7:31 am

4 more months of winter, eskimopie? whoa
our 'winter' usually ends at about March or so, only gets down into the '60's bah!! I want it a little colder, I miss sitting out in front of the fireplace
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 7:34 am

and Jon, actually all the body temperature couldn't keep Brian warm, even with Julie wrapped around him which she probably is right about now Smile

you would probably need some kind of special electric blanket to keep warm there, right? I would imagine
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 8:58 am

kelley68 wrote:

30 below sure does sound scary as heck! Shocked how do folks with naturally thin blood stand it?

My wife actually suffers from a very rare blood disease which thins her blood, but more dangerously, severely prevents it from clotting.

She gets very affected by the cold due to this. She just is very sensitive to the changes and just needs to be careful as to not get too cold.

BK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:09 am

Our winter usually ends in late April-early May... isn't that sad?? Followed by 'breakup,' known as Spring in most parts of the world - the time when the ice and snow break up and melt to make mud... followed by three blissful months of summer, with snow again in October. We make up for a lot with round-the-clock sunlight in June, when we all go mad and recharge our batteries. Smile
Back to top Go down
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: From CNN.com on Minneapolis   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:19 am

I tried to embed a video from cnn.com from Minneapolis but it didn't work - you can see their weatherman having fun with the negative temps.
Back to top Go down
badkitty

badkitty

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:21 am

JonPascual wrote:
Only Kelly knows how to keep Brian warm.
Julie?? Who is she?? Oh yes, some kind of attachment to Brian, like the wisdom teeth that have yet to be taken out ;-)

GO FOR HIM, KELLEY!!

Yes, Jon, a LEGAL attachment as in WIFE. Will it last? Who knows? Brian's marriage track record so far isn't very good, but not uncommon. One of my sisters is currently on her 4th marriage so who's to say? The heart wants what it wants Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:40 am

Can I dilute this thread and forum any further by talking about a dream I had where I was sitting at a table eating Corn Flakes?

Hah! Corn Flakes! Can you believe it?

What? a-billy
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:14 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
Can I dilute this thread and forum any further by talking about a dream I had where I was sitting at a table eating Corn Flakes?

Rick, there's already a dream thread. Jeez, some people.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:24 pm

Er, sorry. I forgot to mention that in the dream, the room was drafty and I was wearing a sweater.

Rickachilly

PS: Cornflakes???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:50 pm

3, 4 marriages or whatsoever.... that means that the person is UNBEARABLE!!!
Back to top Go down
badkitty

badkitty

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 1:09 pm

JonPascual wrote:
3, 4 marriages or whatsoever.... that means that the person is UNBEARABLE!!!

Or that they are easily distracted Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is it this cold in Minnesota??   is it this cold in Minnesota?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

is it this cold in Minnesota??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next